2019 Draft News and Rumors

Jonboy

21 minutes ago, Omar said:

I like Lawrence and Tillery because on top of being good, they bring a different type of DL than what the team currently has. 

22 minutes ago, No1TitansFan said:

Lawrence is looking more and more to be the available DL who will be there who doesn't have injury or character concerns, his issue seems to be a possible lower ceiling when it comes to pass rush.

https://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-football/josh-kendall-blog/article226975894.html

Apparently, Dexter Lawrence is so good that he eliminates the need for politically correct answers.

Former South Carolina offensive linemen Zack Bailey and Dennis Daley were asked at the NFL Combine this week which of the four former Clemson defensive linemen at the event they would draft first.

“Dexter Lawrence,” Bailey replied immediately.

“Big Dex,” Daley said just as quickly.

@BeedoeLaw

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can love Vrabel or hate Vrabel but he's earned respect.  That dude puts in the work and he's as real as it gets.  Happiest I've been with a HC that I can ever remember.  I hope he puts it all toge

The ESPN Titans draft coverage truly is embarrassing, less than a week out from the draft they hold a prime time mock draft special as a dress rehearsal for their actual draft coverage with McShay &am

The Titans played 2 TE sets on 26% of sets last year.  They played 3TE on 13% of plays.  They played 3WR on 58% of plays.  SO, a few things here.     1.  They were only successful in 3WR set

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, ManningEnvy said:

Hey Touched The Tard, why do you always seem to want to be an engineer or lawyer? Wasn’t this guys name Russ Hagan or something on the old board?

Hey Touched The Tard, was Russ like that North Carolina lawyer who’s name you were using for a short time? What was the deal with that? You decided that might not be such a good idea?

6 hours ago, Soxcat said:

Actually he is the type of guy I'd trade up in the 2nd to get.  Non-stop motor.  Alpha male attitude.  I bet the coaching staff would love the kid.

His 40, 3-cone and shuttle were all very good for  a guy his size (top 5 in each).  Not sure what there is not to like.  He would be a sure 1st rounder in most drafts. 

If he falls to the 2nd JRob should do what he did to get Landry and not think twice about it.   

The pff write up makes real good sense https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-chase-winovich-is-a-better-2019-nfl-draft-prospect-than-rashan-gary

His passion is similar to KVB.

The only similarity is effort and ethnicity. He should be a late 3rd rounder - middle 4th

16 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

The only similarity is effort and ethnicity. He should be a late 3rd rounder - middle 4th

Bro, PFF is the bible when it comes to pass rushers.  Legit people were doubting Joey Bosa while PFF was telling them to STFU.  Now everyone wants to consider Nick Bosa the consensus #1 non-QB.  

Edited by abc2330

Just now, TWR said:

I still think we are taking Tillery. That’s been my gut feeling and I’ve posted it a few times over the past month or 2. I just have a feeling with the way the draft will fall Jerry Tillery will be the pick. 

Very possible. 

Just now, tgo said:

Also, Beddingfield said this morning that Simmons would be a top 7 pick if healthy and is a better player than Wilkins. 

If we don't take Simmons there are plenty of teams between 21-32 that would, I could see any out of the Seahawks/Eagles/Colts/Chargers/Rams/Patriots taking him.

2 minutes ago, tgo said:

Also, Beddingfield said this morning that Simmons would be a top 7 pick if healthy and is a better player than Wilkins. 

Pretty sure he's going to be the pick(if available).  Signs are becoming obvious.

Winovich IMO is a really good athlete and very productive. The problem with him is that he's already 2 years old which likely means that he really is pretty close to maxed out at least physically. If he was 22 I'd take him at 19 and not think about it twice.  

1 minute ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

If we don't take Simmons there are plenty of teams between 21-32 that would, I could see any out of the Seahawks/Eagles/Colts/Chargers/Rams/Patriots taking him.

There is no way that Simmons make it out of round 1, period. 

I will say it again: if I'm GM we take Simmons at 19 and don't look back. 

Getting a player like Simmons at pick 19 due to injury  is a gift from the football gods that you don't turn down. 

Edited by tgo

• Jonboy locked, and unpinned this topic