OILERMAN

Maroita is killing the franchise

Number9   
1 hour ago, JoelinBellevue said:

Lol....its an indoor stadium with artificial turf. You can take those out of the equation.

C, there you go again.  Jumping to conclusions about Marcus Mariota before you understand how to get to the right conclusion.  Everybody knows it's artificial turf.  But is it artificial summer grass or artificial winter grass?  Hawaii has a warm climate, always summer.  So, dormant grass makes a big difference.  

Just now, titanruss said:

Mariota 's elbow was re-hurt last week going into this game. And he left more injured than when he started. 

Did you see that pass to Davis in the 1st quarter? Looked like a blimp flying over. I didn't think.it would ever get there. So I believe you. Why can't he just admit he's hurt and not play? This explains why we didn't throw deep. He couldn't. Good grief. 

1 minute ago, JoelinBellevue said:

Did you see that pass to Davis in the 1st quarter? Looked like a blimp flying over. I didn't think.it would ever get there. So I believe you. Why can't he just admit he's hurt and not play? This explains why we didn't throw deep. He couldn't. Good grief. 

the rollout scramble was well short too. and the actual pass plays we did call were just dumpoffs or 6-7 yards in the middle of the field. easy passes. 

Edited by titanruss

1 minute ago, titanruss said:

the rollout scramble was well short too. and the actual pass plays we did call were just dumpoffs or 6-7 yards in the middle of the field. easy passes. 

You are correct. Wonder if the team knew. It would explain a lot.

15 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

You are correct. Wonder if the team knew. It would explain a lot.

im sure they did. looked like the colts knew too. 

Kirk   

This is what Mariota has to deal with since being Drafted.

1. Inconsistent O=Line continuity.

2. Receivers unable to get out on the routes.

3. A "REAL" Deep Theat (Reciever).

4. Offensive Cordinator to put this together properly?

5. Changes in the Staff?

6. No Running attack!!

If you really study the films, you would understand that the receivers are being re-routed in a lot of their respective routes. And with the O-Line protection not there.  Mariota looks BAD!!

If he gets traded, all of you supporters that want him gone, will be very SORRY.  I pray that he goes to another team, because Titans do not deserve to have him as their QB.

28 minutes ago, Kirk said:

This is what Mariota has to deal with since being Drafted.

1. Inconsistent O=Line continuity.

2. Receivers unable to get out on the routes.

3. A "REAL" Deep Theat (Reciever).

4. Offensive Cordinator to put this together properly?

5. Changes in the Staff?

6. No Running attack!!

If you really study the films, you would understand that the receivers are being re-routed in a lot of their respective routes. And with the O-Line protection not there.  Mariota looks BAD!!

If he gets traded, all of you supporters that want him gone, will be very SORRY.  I pray that he goes to another team, because Titans do not deserve to have him as their QB.

So just so were clear 

In 2016 Mariota had the 9th best offensive line

in 2017 he had the 14th still top half of the league. 

In 2016 we had the 3rd mist rushing yards and had Demarco and Henry 

in 2017 we ranked 15th still top half of the league 

Last year we were 7th in rushing 

Mariota has had a top 10 tight end his whole career except last year 

Has one of the best LT in the game, Conklin until 2018 was playing at a pro bowl level 

Hes had Corey Davis for 2 years who is a deep threat who showed against the patriots he can get out on routes.

Sure the team has had some problems, but the main factor is mariota. Even when other parts are good he still sucks 

BudAdams   

I get the Corry projection caveats but IDK.  The real question is whether Mariota and his agents, under that scenario of a prove yourself good/healthy year, take a below market deal?  The franchise tag will be $ 27 M and probably higher if Goff and Prescott sign long term deals this year.