Preseason Week 3: Titans @ Steelers Game Thread

1 hour ago, Supdawg said:

I can see that Marcus is simply trying really hard to grasp the offense and missing the play is likely a result of him being so focused on where the play is supposed to be instead of thinking more freely. My guess is that this won't happen when he gets more comfortable within the offense and doesn't have to think as much to execute it. 

The missed throw I think can be just considered growing pains. 

I do think that QBs tend to press a bit more in the preseason because they know they have a limited amount of opportunities to put together scoring drives.  Ben missed 3 or 4 throws yesterday but simply had more opportunities because he was going against our "Sisters of the Poor" defensive line.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There’s not enough vagisil in the world for you guys right now.  Although, if you’re debating jumping off the ledge, I’d definitely suggest doing so now so we don’t have to endure this incessant

I swear some of you have no concept of what preseason is all about. So what if Mariota blew a pass? I promise you Brady missed some throws last night.

I really hope that other fanbases aren't reading this thread as a judge of Titans fans.  This is embarrassing.

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Supdawg said:

I can see that Marcus is simply trying really hard to grasp the offense and missing the play is likely a result of him being so focused on where the play is supposed to be instead of thinking more freely. My guess is that this won't happen when he gets more comfortable within the offense and doesn't have to think as much to execute it. 

The missed throw I think can be just considered growing pains. 

From Vrabel’s quote this sounds exactly right. This isn’t really even a dig on the old offense, but everything in it was based on being at a specific point. Nothing about t was free flowing. Marcus is simply not used to having any ability to be creative, and that goes all the way back to his Oregon days. 

49 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

From Vrabel’s quote this sounds exactly right. This isn’t really even a dig on the old offense, but everything in it was based on being at a specific point. Nothing about t was free flowing. Marcus is simply not used to having any ability to be creative, and that goes all the way back to his Oregon days. 

Yep, and he's definitely the type to follow directions to the 'T'

4 hours ago, titantez said:

After watching some highlights, it's not as bad as I thought from reading the thread...

Yep when Marcus pitched the INT it was 7-0 Pittsburgh.  They were extremely aggressive on both sides of the ball, going over the top regularly on early downs and blitzing regularly.

The INT was the real mistake.

On 8/27/2018 at 3:14 AM, OILERMAN said:

It was almost two full seasons before anyone questioned Mularkey's offense. I'd agree this current system should be given the same amount of time

bullshit, it was questioned game 1 preseason 1. 

it was obvious it didnt match player skillsets then. the only reason we had an offense if Demarco Murray still had something in the tank, half the starters were new, and no one knew what we were going to run. 

but it was non-stopped questioned by half the board very very early. 

27 minutes ago, titanruss said:

bullshit, it was questioned game 1 preseason 1. 

it was obvious it didnt match player skillsets then. the only reason we had an offense if Demarco Murray still had something in the tank, half the starters were new, and no one knew what we were going to run. 

but it was non-stopped questioned by half the board very very early. 

It was an obvious joke 

I'll beat Oilerman to the punch but Cossel didn't have a lot good to say about Mariota on the radio today.

He also said that he thought Mariota under threw the pass to Davis, but he could be wrong.  Obviously wrong since multiple analysis and Mariota himself expressed that it was a miscommunication.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic