Prediction Time: Who Will the Titans Take at 25?

Jonboy

9 hours ago, Stan17 said:

Evans can play all 3 downs and situationally rush the passer as well.  Fills 2 needs almost at once, and is the beast we need in the middle. Definitely was an unreported visit.

I completely agree Evans would bring big time physicality to this defense 

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm glad we made the playoffs and won a game

I have no idea why people respond to tez

This draft sucks.

I agree he isn't the greatest of the bunch and I would probably be happier if we drafted Reid in the first and then in the second or third get a guy like josey Jewell or darius Leonard but people thinks it's coming down to Hubbard, sweat, or Evans at pick 25 and of those 3 I would be happier if we took Evans over the other 2 

11 minutes ago, titantez said:

JRob will probably piss in his pants again, his best bet has been to find free agents because his skill is not drafting.

Don't make me list his picks and their production.

He's only had two draft classes, which can hardly be judged at this point.

5 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Lol. Two of his draftees have already earned All-Pro honors. I'd say he's doing alright

6 minutes ago, titantez said:

He had 3 drafts worth of picks in two drafts.

What @Jonboy said.  Not to mention the potential of Adoree Jackson and Corey Davis (made some special catches last year and against the Patriots).  

He still had Derrick Henry, Jayon Brown, Austin Johnson, Leshaun Sims see significant playing time.

Sharpe, Wallace, Dodd, Wallace can't be judge yet due to injuries.

Then we still have yet to see what Jonnu Smith and Taywan Taylor can do with a competent OC.

13 minutes ago, titantez said:

Henry-2nd rd...He was a good pick.

Brown-4th rd?..Good pick

Jackson (1st rd)-Good pick

Davis(1st rd)-Could be a good pick.

JRob has done well with his 1st rd picks , it's after the first rd that you find slim pickings.

Sims, Johnson, Sharpe? All have started games and performed decently.

Taylor and Smith both still have potential going into year 2.

Wallace and Dodd can't be judged due to injuries yet

28 minutes ago, titantez said:

Henry-2nd rd...He was a good pick.

Browh-4th rd?..Good pick

Jackson (1st rd)-Good pick

Davis(1st rd)-Could be a good pick.

JRob has done well with his 1st rd picks , it's after the first rd that you find slim pickings.

I suspect you have unrealistic expectations from mid/late round picks in years one and two.   If you draft a guy in rounds 5-7 and he ends up being a quality backup for a few years....that's a pick well spent.   

I would venture to say JRob has gotten as much production from his mid/late round picks as any GM in the NFL over the past two years;  at the very worst, he'd be in the top five.   

2 minutes ago, titantez said:

I count  6 out of 19 picks that really helped, that's about a 30% success rate, give or take a point.

The question is,  how does this compare to the success rate of the rest of the GMs around the league?

Serious question;  I honestly have no idea.

30 minutes ago, titantez said:

Sims is seen as depth, if not Jrob would not have made it a priorty in FA to upgrade HIS position, I don't know how he could start in the next 2 years.

He's a 5th round pick that has extensive playing time.  You can never have enough quality corners in today's game.  I would he's a solid pick for the round and production.

31 minutes ago, titantez said:

Johnson is seen as depth because they resigned the starter, he is rotational at best.

2nd round pick should be a full-time starter.  He's only going into year 3 and had made some nice plays.  Still a decent pick, could also still end up as our starting NT this year.

33 minutes ago, titantez said:

Sharpe will have to fight to make the cut.

Taylor is depth, no chance at starting.

Regarding Taylor: whose playing slot this year then?  Another later round rookie? Because we didn't bring in a replacement for Decker.  He definitely has a shot to be our slot receiver

Regarding Sharpe: Was very productive for a 5th round rookie.  Doubt he's worried about Jennings, Pascal or Campanro taking his roster spot.  Unless you think will only keep Davis, Matthews, Taylor, Campanro and possibly a rookie this year for receivers. 

37 minutes ago, titantez said:

Wallace and Dodd are going into their 3rd year with no production.

Injuries have derailed Dodd, but he could be JRob first bust.  

Aaron Wallace, was having a great pre season before an injury ruined 2017.  For a 7th round pick he's shown he can back-up inside and outside, I think he has a legit shot for playing time in 2018.

40 minutes ago, titantez said:

Smith is depth or a forced starter.

Well considering he plays behind an all-pro TE, we haven't seen what he can do in an actually offense yet.  He made some nice catches in his rookie year and is going into year 2.

You have some serious high expectations my friend.

14 minutes ago, titantez said:

Simms is depth.

Dodd was pick #33

Johnson was pick #43

Henry was pick #45

Byard was pick #64

Taylor #72

Smith #100

Davis,Conklin,Jackson were early and mid first rd picks.

That's 9 players in the top 100 picks of the draft.

High Expectations?

4 out of 9 of those players are coming off of a rookie season...  

The other 5:  2 are pro bowlers, 1 was handicap by the coaching staff that favored a crippled rb and who played well when given the opportunity, 1 is a borderline starter/gets significant playing time, and Dodd is the only bust so far due to injury.

But I guess all rookies/2nd year players need to be perform like HOF players to be consider a good pick. :4_joy:

Edited by Tomachek

I think it will be a LB, but I'm not sure which one. Could be ILB or OLB, too. But I think our LB group needs upgrades inside and replacements to train up on the outside. Our defense depends on good LB play, and the value should be there at 25. 

1 hour ago, titantez said:

I get that and I will give him credit for that BUT if we really look at it. this is what we would find.

Byard had a couple of great games aganist scrubb qbs and got some opportunistic turnovers in a couple other games.

He was picked on in games and missed tackles badly in games.

Conklin really benefited from the help of the tightends as several of us said BUT he has not been that Road Grader and force in the run game, in fact, when we did run behind him for large gains, he got penelaties at key times.Plus he got worked over at times in pass pro.

We basically ran behind Lewan, he just has not been what he was hyped up to be.

Simple Jake is that you? 

From the players they're looking at & the trade down talk, it sounds an awful lot like they want Sweat/Hubbard & a safety. The 1st  rd is high for Sweat, he'd be much more palatable if we could drop back 10-15 picks & maybe move the 2nd rd pick up a bit to grab a Bates at safety.

Or move back a bit to take Reid & grab Owusu with the 2nd pick.