Titans sign Blaine Gabbert

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gabbert is fine as a backup. Move on.

There aren’t 32 good QB’s in the NFL.  How the hell do we expect there to be 33?  A former starter with experience is the best you are going to get as a back up.

Yes Backup QB officially upgraded.

Posted Images

9 hours ago, MIKE75 said:

I will take Gabbert over Henne any day of the week. The one thing i really like is he is similar to Mariota in certain ways and is a good dual threat.

Henne actually beat out Gabbert for the job several times while at Jax.

2 hours ago, No1TitansFan said:

Henne actually beat out Gabbert for the job several times while at Jax.

Early on while Gabbert was still struggling yes Henne beat out Gabbert.

Today i think Gabbert is the better QB.

On 3/27/2018 at 6:58 AM, MIKE75 said:

Who would you have preferred or think is a pretty good backup????

Besides Gabbert i had my eyes on Kessler up in Cleveland. Hue gave up on him too soon he looked decent to me and looked like he could've ended up being a starter but they pulled the plug. Also i was shocked the Packers nabbed Kizer instead of Kessler. Kessler would've been solid behind Rodgers. As for Kizer he isnt that good.

Sonofabitch. The Jags got Kessler the guy i had my eyes on before we got Gabbert.

Coughlin is a smart man. 2016 Kessler had a pretty good year completing 65 percent passes,6TD and 2INT with a 93 QB rating. Mark my words this guy will replace Bortles as starter in Jax at some point next season.

9 hours ago, StephenIsLegend said:

It seems you stay fixated on the past quite often, dude. 

Didn't I quote his last season stats? What am I supposed to go off of? A madden simulation? Fuck off.  

22 hours ago, MIKE75 said:

LOL, I remember when he was struggling in a big way when he started out in Jacksonville. Not saying its you but some are so fixated on this particular time period that they just can't see that he eventually improved.

Gabbert was terrible during this time from 2011 through 2013 his first three years there were bad. He barely played any his first year with the 49ers.

I think the last three years shows what Gabbert is about as he improved enough that he is one of the best backup QB's in the league.

He completed 365 of 615 passes, 59% completion rate, 4050 yards,21 TD and 19 INT during those three years and won 6 games as a backup.

The main thing Gabbert should clear up is throwing interceptions which LaFleur should be able to help fix.

that video has 49ers footage as well. He sucked just last year. The guy sucks period. 

18 minutes ago, SuperFreak90 said:

Kessler might beat out Bortles. Imo

Very real possibility.

What's crazy is out of all the backup QB's Kessler's name wasn't out there and he wasn't a free agent BUT after i saw that the Browns signed Tyrod Taylor i knew he could be expendable and available possibly because of all the Browns roster movements.

Before we signed Gabbert i kept having this thought that maybe JRob would trade a late round pick to the Browns for Kessler but it ended up being our foes the Jaguars who picked him up. Excellent move by the Jags to scoop him up because he played really well for a rookie in fact i was thinking to myself when we played him in 2016 that he was not like a normal rookie he seemed poised and played well.

If Bortles struggles we could see Kessler playing for Jax.