Realistically who do you want at 25?

kyle021

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Help those of us that don’t follow NCAA. Please post position with names. 

someone with a high motor and excels on special teams

JR 1st round picks so far have been very need based, so whatever he thinks is our biggest need is what I think he'll try to do. And I think he would like to find someone who could start right away, wh

Brian Orakpo and Derrick Morgan will be free agents after next season. Could be eloquent to grab another OLB. Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Oklahoma .

Also be a good move: Harold Landry, DE, Boston College. Or  DE Arden Key. LSU Or Maurice Hurst, DL, Michigan.  Denzel Ward, Ohio State CB (to continue upgrading the secondary).

Edited by TitanicoNFLfan

44 minutes ago, TitanicoNFLfan said:

Brian Orakpo and Derrick Morgan will be free agents after next season. Could be eloquent to grab another OLB. Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Oklahoma .

Also be a good move: Harold Landry, DE, Boston College. Or  DE Arden Key. LSU Or Maurice Hurst, DL, Michigan.  Denzel Ward, Ohio State CB (to continue upgrading the secondary).

I think it has to be either Edge Rusher or Line Backer. Would love to see what the secondary looks like when we don't have to bring the house to get pressure. Also need a LB that can cover TE. Right Now I want M. Davenport the most he is very raw but could be a game changer.

When I think of JR’s criteria for a player - loves football, is a team first player, versatile and smart - when I pair it with need, and the commitment to Mariota,  I keep leaning toward Billy Price or Isaiah Wynn, due their OL versatility and potential to be immediate starters. 

I think Conklin’s ACL makes things a little more concerning when you remember an injury affected Jones’ play as well. 

I’m not crazy about Schwenke, and unsure about Kline going forward.

I think there’s just enough uncertainty between regime change and injury to not prioritize an immediate or future starter at OL somewhere between rounds 1-3. And I think late round one is safe and serves an immediate need.

Edge will be interesting because they could parlay that position for another year and address it between next year’s FA and the 2019 NFL Draft.

They also have Dodd, Wallace and Carraway to return and be evaluated, and Walden should remain an option as well.

If the right talent fell and was a total JRob guy and not a compromise, okay, but I feel those odds are low. That could change as we learn more, but the upgrade opportunity here is speed, and there doesn’t seem to be a game-changing amount of speed where we sit at 25 at that position. 

I have interior OL and LB as bigger immediate needs. 

In FA, my biggest target if I was JR, would be to sign Lamarcus Joyner to pair with Byard. Joyner can also play slot and cover RBs and TEs.

I would still play Byard at FS. You don’t just move a guy like that back to SS after a season like this one. Are you kidding me? Not as his primary role.

Then you can try to scheme Cyprien as S and  LB if he’s retained. He could spy, he could be a Joker. He’s part of the contingency to replace Williamson along with whomever they draft at LB. I’m pulling for Leonard. 

Sign Joyner to lock down S, re-sign Dequan Jones, draft Darius Leonard and rotate Wallace between ILB/OLB. 

As much as I like JRob, it’s pretty simple to figure out what position group we will target in the draft.  In 2016, were active in every RT available in FA...we didn’t pull the trigger in FA and drafted Conklin.  In 2017, we were active in every big name Wr and Cb...we drafted Davis and Jackson.  Follow the trend.  

I have absolutely no idea who most of these people are. Picking at 25 really sucks. We need an impact guy and we definitely won't be able to get a blue chip player that late. 

Going off MO... I'd expect a player with great production that's smart and high effort. Likely defense. ILB/OLB are probably the 2 most needed positions.