2017 Free Agency Thread

Jonboy

8 minutes ago, Huston said:

I like the signing but not the contract, dude can play with the right mindset and system.

The contract is somewhat concerning.  I guess we will find out if JROB is a genius or not concerning free agency.  It's a two year deal minimum with 2/3's of a million gambled on the third year in dead money.  Interesting indeed.

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is pretty funny   

I wonder if the Saints had to pay for two plane tickets...

Posted Images

1 hour ago, gaskill15 said:

Take it for what it's worth but looks like the Titans got the highest NFL Free Agent Team Grade of any team on Walter Football with an A-.

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2017gradesteams.php

titansb_logo.gif Tennessee Titans: A- 
Acquired: WR/KR Eric Weems, NT Sylvester Williams, LB Darren Bates, CB Logan Ryan, S John Cyprien, S Brynden Trawick.
Lost: WR Kendall Wright, OT Byron Bell, TE Anthony Fasano, G Chance Warmack, C Brian Schwenke, NT Al Woods, ILB Sean Spence, CB Brice McCain, CB Antwon Blake, S Rashad Johnson, S Daimion Stafford. 

The Titans entered this offseason desperately needing to upgrade their secondary. They managed to do so, signing a pair of talented defensive backs in Logan Ryan and John Cyprien. The combined price for these players? Just $55 million. And I say "just" because another AFC South team spent $150 million on a trio of new players. Compared to that, Tennessee got quite the bargain. 

We'll see what happens during the draft, but Tennessee is enjoying a terrific offseason, as the team seems poised to make a deep playoff run. The Titans have one of the best offensive lines in the NFL, and now their secondary is mostly shored up. They didn't lose anyone substantial in free agency either, save for Sean Spence, who can be replaced in the 2017 NFL Draft. 

I'm giving the Titans an A-. They've done a great job overall. Two bad contracts to Sylvester Williams and Matt Cassel are preventing this from being an "A," but neither deal was overly egregious. 

After this post, I can see it's time for a - Spring is in the air - draft is a month away - '70s 'soul n funk' tribute to JRob and his fine free agency selections. :cool::happy: The picks might not be what everyone wanted, but let's all just be thankful for what you got...

Though you may not drive a great big cadillac
Gangsta whitewalls
TV antennas in the back
You may not have a car at all
But remember brothers and sisters
You can still stand tall
Just be thankful for what you've got

Though you may not drive a great big Cadillac
Diamond in the back, sunroof top
Diggin' the scene
With a gangsta lean
Gangsta whitewalls
TV antennas in the back

You may not have a car at all
But remember brothers and sisters
You can still stand tall
Just be thankful for what you've got

Diggin the scene
With a gangsta lean, wooh-ooh-ooh
Diggin the scene
Diggin' the scene

On 3/15/2017 at 8:06 AM, AussieTitanFan08 said:

On 3/15/2017 at 9:22 AM, NashvilleNinja said:

Camp fodder?

Nope, not camp fodder.

Hunter just so happens to be a WR who is the same age, height, and weight as Martavis Bryant.

They are hoping no one will notice it's really the suspended Bryant wearing Hunter's uniform...

1 hour ago, Bongo59 said:

I was hoping JRob would go out and quietly sign Boldin before the draft.  He's be a great fit for slot WR in this offense.  

I would like this as well. Delay could be that Boldin really doesn't want to participate in Training Camp from what I've read.

• 1 month later...