Uh-Oh, Trump's Thin Skin Is Pierced!

Jamalisms

1 hour ago, Legaltitan said:

He will learn.

Sorry some of us don't get the Super Secret special sense of humor Trump applies and that we are supposed to instantly recognize.

Me, I just go by what people say.  How can you get sarcasm from a tweet anyway?

Pretty sure when you are President, when you don't REALLY mean it, maybe it is not a good idea to put it in writing to the whole world.

Like I said, he will learn.

how is it super secret?

i dont pay attention to trump at all and that tweet is obviously making fun of people whining.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love all these responses about relaxing and give the guy a chance.  Republicans stonewalled everything that Obama did and held the country in limbo for 8 years and now we need to just forget that an

Time for people to move on. Give Trump a chance. Riots solve nothing. People need to get over themselves, and go to work to make this Country better.

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, 52O said:

I can't tell if the people so

upset about his tweet are being sarcastic

pretty harmless tweet to me

idiots all around in both sides 

i dont think most of them are. sure there are some. most of my friends on FB think that half of america hates all non-white people now and are posting pics of bathroom graffiti that appeared "only after a trump victory" as signs that there is a nazi-esque uprising in the US. 

people are stupid. 

people on social media are more stupid and they propagate their circle if idiocy... and they believe everything they read. 

i've called out so many past teachers for their "sources"

The problem with protesting is that Trump ran on an anti-urbanism platform.  Marching just creates images of urban unrest to justify future anti-city policies.

I'd rather storm the community boards and demand that his liquor licenses etc be revoked for privatizing public space.

5 minutes ago, patsplat said:

The problem with protesting is that Trump ran on an anti-urbanism platform.  Marching just creates images of urban unrest to justify future anti-city policies.

I'd rather storm the community boards and demand that his liquor licenses etc be revoked for privatizing public space.

Yes it does.

If these morons had put half as much effort and energy into defeating Trump as they are in protesting the outcome may have been quite different.

Protest all you want, it's our God-given American right.

But at some point how about taking some affirmative action instead of just crying about it.

7 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

Yes it does.

If these morons had put half as much effort and energy into defeating Trump as they are in protesting the outcome may have been quite different.

Protest all you want, it's our God-given American right.

But at some point how about taking some affirmative action instead of just crying about it.

I know at least some of the protests are put on by groups that are taking action in addition to the protests. Not just crying about it.

3 hours ago, DrFlamehead said:

Or I guess you thought Dems were going to win every election from here on out....

The way social change with same sex marriage and the way minorities were becoming the majority I thought it was possible if the Republicans didn't change

4 hours ago, DrFlamehead said:

Or I guess you thought Dems were going to win every election from here on out....

Eight years ago there were a couple of posters (you know who you are) that posted a link to an article on how the Dems would be in power for decades, and crowed about it.   The only thing the Reps don't now have is a supermajority, but they do have more governors and state legislatives.

9 hours ago, oldschool said:

Spot. I have plenty of Republican friends and colleagues and we get along just fine. Thats the norm when you live in a big city. What scares me is the belief Dems need to shift further left to combat the right. That line of thinking is dangerous and only leads to a widening of the gap between the parties. 

Fairfax is now a big city?

37 minutes ago, Little Earl said:

Eight years ago there were a couple of posters (you know who you are) that posted a link to an article on how the Dems would be in power for decades, and crowed about it.   The only thing the Reps don't now have is a supermajority, but they do have more governors and state legislatives.

I saw something the other day about the number of state legislatures and governorships the repubs have gained since Obama's been in office and I was really surprised.  It was a lot.  And it was from a dem oriented site, that was laying a lot of the blame at his feet.

Obama definitely neglected to try to help build the party up from the bottom. It just wasn't the strategy of the party as a whole though. Clinton was actually going to make helping retake state governments an area of focus. Oops.

Due to losing the White House, the Democratic party is at its weakest position in decades being the only political party in American history to win the popular vote in 6/7 consecutive elections.

2 hours ago, Little Earl said:

Political power runs in cycles.  People are naturally always looking for more, naturally dissatisfied with their lot in life.  It's normal to look for a reason why and instead of taking personal responsibility, getting off of their ass and making a change, they take the easy route and blame the establishment.   8 years seems to be enough time for people to get completely fed up and throw a little bit of energy into sparking an overhaul.   It can't come soon enough for me this time though.

On thin skin, an Ivy League perspective:

http://blog.simplejustice.us/2016/11/11/the-trauma-of-your-first-loss/#comments

The Trauma Of Your First Loss

At Yale, students sought the concession from their Econ 115 professor to cancel his midterm exam. The claim to suffer “fear, rightly or wrongly.” may well be true, as is the pain. They just suffered the first smackdown of their values ever, and this wasn’t possible. They had been told that their values were true, were real, were absolutely right, and therefore there could be no reasonable disagreement. If true, and they believe it with all their being, then this was no more possible than pigs flying. And everybody knows pigs can’t fly.

So it had to be evil that permeated their country. Millions of racists and sexists stole control from them. It had to be. There could be no other explanation that meshed with their world view. The old aphorism, that there were two sides to every story, was a lie. There was no other side. They were right. They had always been right, and would always be right. There could be no higher calling than serving what was right, and it justified doing anything, anything, to achieve what was right.

~Snip~

More at:

http://blog.simplejustice.us/2016/11/11/the-trauma-of-your-first-loss/#comments