Report: Raiders Belief in Derek Carr is Waning

Jonboy

39 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Remember when Mariota was a MVP dark horse? Lol

And to everyone else.

Carrs numbers absolutely dwarf Mariotas. 

That same year Carr was an MVP candidate Mariota also had a great year and could have been an MVP candidate, especially with no elite receivers with him. Only difference is they won like 3 more games than us.

Carr's counting numbers are better but he played in a pass happy offense with good receiving corps. His yards per attempt are relatively low and he had like 9 games of 3+ interception-worthy throws last year. He's lucky his interception numbers weren't worse.

Both are bottom 15 QBs right now but to act like one is substantially better than the other is not accurate. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is my main issue with Marcus & it's a pretty big one, the lack of aggressiveness. He actually throws a very good & accurate deep ball, but he only throws it when the WR flat beats the cov

Mariota>>>>Carr

I wonder what he means by "trying to fight back for our city"...the one they're abandoning?

8 hours ago, BudAdams said:

How is Mariota clearly better than Carr when Carr has better numbers aside from 1 category (YPA)?  If anything, both guys are pretty similar in that they have flashed ability but their play/production has regressed in the last couple of seasons.

The real advantage MM has over Carr right now is cap cost but that goes away next year.....

Analytics wise Mariota is much better 

13 minutes ago, Face said:

I’m sure in some stat adjusted alternate universe these stats actually happened, meanwhile in my reality he threw more interceptions than TD’s.

9 hours ago, ap24786 said:

Tua might be the most accurate college QB I've ever seen. Wish he got to play some real competition to really judge but any team who gets him will hit the jackpot.

Right after case keenum and that Colin kaepernick Guy 

3 hours ago, WVTITAN said:

I’m sure in some stat adjusted alternate universe these stats actually happened, meanwhile in my reality he threw more interceptions than TD’s.

Yes let's ignore the 5-7 TD passes that were flat out dropped by our receivers last year (and at least 2 this year) and just focus on raw counting stats. Very sophisticated analysis there. 

7 minutes ago, ap24786 said:

Yes let's ignore the 5-7 TD passes that were flat out dropped by our receivers last year (and at least 2 this year) and just focus on raw counting stats. Very sophisticated analysis there. 

No it’s facing the facts.  All you can use these stats for is evaluation of players and that’s fine.  Blame WR, Blame coaches, blame everyone but Mariota for the actual results.  Most of the Mariota fans on this board get up in arms if anything negative is said about the guy.  They act as if he is faultless.  It’s annoying.

Something Cian Fahey and a lot of excuse makers don't take into account.... Of course Mariota's doesn't throw a lot of interceptable passes, he won't throw the ball if the WR hasn't already broken open. He looks down field, doesn't throw it and runs out of the pocket. This is no longer a positive attribute, it's a reason he's a poor passer. Of course he didn't throw an INT his first training camp, of course he just now got his first redzone INT. Anyone starting to see a pattern here? 13 TDs last season and 3 so far this season, he doesn't throw TDs either.

This is why in a time when passing the ball mediocre QBs are lighting it up Mariota's numbers are totally spare. 

He's so unbelievably conservative the passing offense is completely stalling. The problem is if he did start throwing with his accuracy he probably would have an INT problem. 

4 hours ago, ap24786 said:

Over time that stuff evens out. Notice how we can look at other QBs stats and don't have to adjust everything. Good QBs actually have real stats

For all the citations of dropped passes by the WRs, does anyone have any data on mis-fires by the QB.

I'm amused at everyone calling for the head of a WR who drops a catch-able ball. If we did that, we'd be back to the single wing era.

If we had won these close games, the complaining would barely be audible.