Titans Sign Nick Williams; Waive Firkser and Batson

tgo

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tyler Durden?  I don't think we should talk about it...

No way. 

Williams is an upgrade to Batson IMO.

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, Thrill said:

I thought he was already on the roster?

Was waived Saturday to promote Marz. Waivers that happened over the weekend should process this afternoon.

I wonder if you can just claim your own player on Tuesday that you waived on Saturday to prevent another team behind you in the waiver process from getting them, or if you can only sign your own waived player after they clear waivers. 

Haha. 

17 minutes ago, Ricky said:

The #Titans are waving Aaron Wallace, activating RB Dalyn Dawkins.

Fluellen got injured Sunday so they needed a third RB. 

Surprised Wallace is the guy to go though. I imagine he’ll be back on the practice squad. 

18 hours ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Even as good as Delanie is/was, he's still not quite the dominant game changer that a Gronk or a Kelce is.

Delanie is in the conversation for top 3 TE and easily a top 5 guy but those 2 are just so far ahead of everyone that it's crazy, especially with how far ahead of #2 Gronk is

My buddies and I did some statistical analysis on TEs a couple years ago and we had to remove Gronk from the equation because he just straight up breaks it, I'm not even exaggerating there.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

15 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Delanie is in the conversation for top 3 TE and easily a top 5 guy but those 2 are just so far ahead of everyone that it's crazy, especially with how far ahead of #2 Gronk is

My buddies and I did some statistical analysis on TEs a couple years ago and we had to remove Gronk from the equation because he just straight up breaks it, I'm not even exaggerating there.

A truly dominant TE is easily the 2nd most important player on the field.  Whether as an in-line blocker, downfield blocker or a pass catcher/YAC guy.  And as good as Delanie is, he lacks the size/height most of the best ones have.

Once into the 2nd level it's a rare secondary defender that takes on a Gronk or a Kelce and wins.

The Kam Chancellors and Ronnie Lotts and Reids and Polamalus are the only guys that stood a chance against guys like that.

Winslow, Davis, Newsome, even Witten in his prime.

Hell, one of the reasons it took Delanie coming to TN to become the player he has was the fact that Vernon Davis was a monster for the 49ers in Delanie's earlier years.

It's one position I thought for sure Mularkey would expand on with his background and the kind of offense he said he wanted.  I thought for sure JRob would nab OJ Howard for just that reason.  They passed on two dominant TEs coming out two years in a row, and neither made sense AFAIWC.