Kavanaugh

9 Nines

6 minutes ago, TennesseeTuxedo said:

The flakes have gotten eerily quiet...why?

All resident Dems gave up in this days ago

theu got the investigation. They don’t care he obviously lied under oath

now we just gotta wait and see what Brett eventually pleads guilty to down the road as all trumps people do 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh Jake please stop talking about stuff you don't understand it makes me cringe. I really can't bear to see someone embarrass themselves like this. 

When the Republican Party sends its people, they’re not sending the best.   They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems to Washington.  

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, TennesseeTuxedo said:

The flakes have gotten eerily quiet...why?

Dems have figured he'd get confirmed from day 1.

Flake talks like a moderate but votes with his party. Murkowski is a no which is a little surprise. Odds are Collins will vote yes.

Honestly it might've been better for Republicans in the midterms if Kavanaugh failed. They'd use it as a rallying cry.

Edited by reo

1 minute ago, reo said:

Dems have figured he'd get confirmed from day 1.

Not all, but I've been saying it throughout this thread. The minute McConnell scheduled the vote you knew it was a forgone conclusion absent some extraordinary turn of events. McConnell has been a swamp creature for a long time, he knows what he's doing. And he's not going to say someone is going to get confirmed if there is any doubt about it.

Hopefully if the Dems take back one of the chambers of Congress they can lead with the same cold, calculating ruthlessness.  Not vindictively. McConnell doesnt have enough heart to be vindictive. He just steady delivers results for his side time and time again. He will stay within the rules and bend them to his will, or change them if need be.

Republicans are just better at this stuff these days than the Dems are.

7 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

Not all, but I've been saying it throughout this thread. The minute McConnell scheduled the vote you knew it was a forgone conclusion absent some extraordinary turn of events. McConnell has been a swamp creature for a long time, he knows what he's doing. And he's not going to say someone is going to get confirmed if there is any doubt about it.

Hopefully if the Dems take back one of the chambers of Congress they can lead with the same cold, calculating ruthlessness.  Not vindictively. McConnell doesnt have enough heart to be vindictive. He just steady delivers results for his side time and time again. He will stay within the rules and bend them to his will, or change them if need be.

I don't think even McConnell really knows. They're fine if he fails. They'll use it in the midterms.

But odds are he won't.

1 hour ago, Legaltitan said:

He wipes the floor with Schumer daily, sad.

@reo Murkowski is being allowed to vote no since they have Collins presumably. Same thing with Manchin and his yes vote. It's how the game is played.

For someone who was supposed to be on the fence, Collins is probably the best speech for Kavanaugh. Facts after facts on his judicial rulings blasting the dem reasons for saying they wont vote for him.

The leaker of the Ford accusation should be top of the Dems shit list. That person has almost single handedly started a red surge.

Just now, LongTimeFan said:

For someone who was supposed to be on the fence, Collins is probably the best speech for Kavanaugh. Facts after facts on his judicial rulings blasting the dem reasons for saying they wont vote for him.

The leaker of the Ford accusation should be top of the Dems shit list. That person has almost single handedly started a red surge.

Your last sentence notwithstanding, I agree. She killed the dems. @Legaltitan the GOP really is much better at this aren't they? lol.

17 minutes ago, THE_TITAN said:

GOP checkmated the Dems and will a get surge in the polls at an opportune time.

Schumer overplayed his hand and it could have killed the Dem's chances of taking the Senate.

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

He wipes the floor with Schumer daily, sad.

@reo Murkowski is being allowed to vote no since they have Collins presumably. Same thing with Manchin and his yes vote. It's how the game is played.

Like I said, most people have know he'd get confirmed since day 1.

11 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Schumer overplayed his hand and it could have killed the Dem's chances of taking the Senate.

eh? how does Schumer factor into this

Personally I think the Democrats did what they had to do. This was an extremely important issue to the Democratic base. Sure it may have fired up the Republican base, but Democratic voters throughout the country signaled very loudly and clearly that they wanted Dems to pushback hard on this nominee. Not doing so could have really deflated Democratic enthusiasm. 

All you have to do is look who led on this issue. It wasn't the Democrats, they followed the lead of the base on this IMO. I think the Dem Senators more wanted to fight Kavanuagh on his partisanship and his lack of honesty and candor. But that didn't resonate with anyone for whatever reason.

Edited by Legaltitan

10 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Between this and the caving on the gov't shutdown, Dems need to strongly consider replacing him.

• 9 Nines changed the title to Kavanaugh