Kavanaugh

9 Nines

7 minutes ago, oldschool said:

you are wrong in this. I think it's very likely he never teaches or coaches again. The spectre of this will hang over his head for the rest of his life. I don't care whether he's a democrat or a republican. You better be sure he's guilty.

I disagree. He has too much social and political capital--accusers are protected much more than they are ruined. All evidence we've had about how Kavanaugh will be treated shows that people will rally around him. Have you seen anything that indicates these allegations will impact his life in the way that you are describing? 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh Jake please stop talking about stuff you don't understand it makes me cringe. I really can't bear to see someone embarrass themselves like this. 

When the Republican Party sends its people, they’re not sending the best.   They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems to Washington.  

Posted Images

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

She likely leaked it or someone in her office did. It never should have been made public at the request of Ford.

True.   But the republican complaint is the time delay.  An entirely different point.

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

She likely leaked it or someone in her office did. It never should have been made public at the request of Ford.

There are a lot of progressives in California who were really upset/frustrated with Feinstein. I wouldn't put it past a staffer or assistant in her office leaking it because they felt like Feinstein wasn't doing enough to push back on the nomination.

1 minute ago, Bink said:

I disagree. He has too much social and political capital--accusers are protected much more than they are ruined. All evidence we've had about how Kavanaugh will be treated shows that people will rally around him. Have you seen anything that indicates these allegations will impact his life in the way that you are describing? 

We really don't know for sure - but I think it's fair to say that no one should be cavalier about being an accused rapist. And I think you're getting close to that territory. Of course it matters, of course it has consequences. 

3 minutes ago, Cyrus said:

There are a lot of progressives in California who were really upset/frustrated with Feinstein. I wouldn't put it past a staffer or assistant in her office leaking it because they felt like Feinstein wasn't doing enough to push back on the nomination.

I think that is likely the case.

Its entertaining and infuriating to see the sham in front of us.

Its only sadder to see that this partisanship has finally hit this point. The tribal politics have become terrifyingly toxic. Today seems like a triumph for this disease that really became a problem 25-30 years ago. On one side you have the republicans who are just smirking while knowing they can get away with anything and that even though most people know they are corrupt, they have no means to stop them for 2 years. At this point, they can basically parade around going "Fuck you I can do what I want" with their tongue out to the citizen. Then on the other side, you have the Democrats who are so obsessed with payback for how Obama was treated that they are blinded in rage.

Cap all that off with the incompetent Cheeto in Chief continuing to use this tribal mentality between the two parties to only grow the wedge thats dividing this country. Until one of the two parties collapse (probably the Democratic party, since it is not as "rank-in-file" as the GOP and has many more ideological splinter groups), this wedge will only continue to grow and paralyze this country.

Just about the only thing that would bring the sides together at this point is a good common enemy. 

1 hour ago, Cyrus said:

This is like a game day thread between two teams. Keeping score and cheerleading their side. 

Yet only one side holds the high ground. We aren’t any part of the Democrats who leaked Ford. We are watching a fraud, a sham, a circus hearing. The Republicans are the only ones on this board that want anything other than a full investigation. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

3 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Yet only one side holds the high ground. We aren’t any part of the Democrats who leaked Ford. We are watching a fraud, a sham, a circus hearing. The Republicans are the only ones on this board that want anything other than a full investigation. 

I loathe this administration. I can't stand so many of these Republicans in Congress. I don't think I can name a Republican in Congress that I respect now that McCain has passed away. That said, the Democrats are also making this is a circus hearing. No one trusts each other. There is no regular order. Everything seems politically motivated. I'm not sure anyone has the "high ground".

1 minute ago, Cyrus said:

I loathe this administration. I can't stand so many of these Republicans in Congress. I don't think I can name a Republican in Congress that I respect now that McCain has passed away. That said, the Democrats are also making this is a circus hearing. No one trusts each other. There is no regular order. Everything seems politically motivated. I'm not sure anyone has the "high ground".

I was discussing posters on this board. 

2 minutes ago, Cyrus said:

Sasse? Flake?

• 9 Nines changed the title to Kavanaugh