luvyablue256

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A lot of Republicans in the House are “wanting to quit”

Now that Ryan and his allies have screwed up the federal budget even worse with a massive tax cut the country can't afford, he's leaving town and going to let someone else clean up his mess.

campaign financing -- strict limits and full transparency voting districts -- impartially mapped out   Repeating myself here, but these are the 2 main reform initiatives that I would su

A budget deficit hawk leaving a Trillion Dollar deficit behind. 

And then, the new GOP has as its candidate a guy who posted an illustration of himself sitting in the Oval Office with severed heads of Hassidic Jews.

Has been banned from ALT RIGHT web site for having views that they can not publicly endorse.

Is this what the future holds for the Republican Party?

Ryan was banking on gutting taxes on the rich then using that deficit to rationalize cutting Medicare/Medicaid and it ain't happening so he's out.

And combine that with the fact that he'll probably lose and even if he wins, he'll possibly spend his entire next term having to impeach Trump, and you've got a guy with 0 desire to try another term.

Ryan’s Legacy Is Enabling Donald Trump

Ron Brownstein: “Paul Ryan, who once aspired to advance the vision of conservative icon Jack Kemp, will leave Washington carrying a more tarnished legacy—as the most important enabler of Donald Trump.”

“No one in the GOP was better equipped, by position and disposition alike, to resist Trump’s racially infused, insular nationalism, or to define a more inclusive competing vision for the party. Instead, Ryan chose to tolerate both Trump’s personal excesses and his racially polarizing words and deeds as the price worth paying to advance Ryan’s own top priorities: cutting spending; regulations; and above all, taxes. The result was that Ryan, more than any other prominent Republican, personified the devil’s bargain the GOP has signed with Trump. And his departure crystallizes the difficult choices Republicans face as Trump redefines the party in his belligerent image.”

https://politicalwire.com/2018/04/11/ryans-legacy-is-enabling-donald-trump/

4 hours ago, ctm said:

Now that Ryan and his allies have screwed up the federal budget even worse with a massive tax cut the country can't afford, he's leaving town and going to let someone else clean up his mess.

Are there still laws against a tar and feather ride?

38 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

Self imposed term limits. More people from both sides need to follow. 

campaign financing -- strict limits and full transparency

voting districts -- impartially mapped out

Repeating myself here, but these are the 2 main reform initiatives that I would support in a heartbeat.

1 hour ago, begooode said:

campaign financing -- strict limits and full transparency

voting districts -- impartially mapped out

Repeating myself here, but these are the 2 main reform initiatives that I would support in a heartbeat.

totally agree. The median income in this country is around $60,000 I believe.  So if you limit contributions to 5% of that median, around $3,000 per year. Thats how much people should be able to contribute in total. Not $3000 for local and then $3000 for state and then $3000 for national candidates. $3000 total for all 3 levels.  EVERY contribution tied to a valid SSN.  No more super PACS, lobbyists, unions, $15,00/plate dinners, etc. Each candidate, local, state, federal gets their own unique id.  All money goes to a central entity that logs every donation ( take 1% of donation to run the agency)  Then the agency transfers the money to the candidates acct via wire.

Maybe if someone wants to give more then put a stiff  'tax' on it.  If you give any extra $1,000 then $900 goes to the VA or Medicare or pay down the national debt or ???

I also would say term limits so there are no pensions for elected officials.