The Game of Thrones

OILERMAN

10 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

I really do wonder what he has planned for Jaime. He definitely has an important role to play and Bran wants to make sure he follows through. 

We saw him have visions of the Mad King. He could speak on Jamie's behalf about how he had to kill his king to save the city.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well for anyone who cares to read this, here are my (lengthy) thoughts now that I’ve had a chance to sleep on it.   I’ll start by saying I'm not sure I've ever been more hyped for an episode

I loved the fact that Theon won his fight cause he has no dick. Haha

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

We saw him have visions of the Mad King. He could speak on Jamie's behalf about how he had to kill his king to save the city.

Oh yeah I think that’s inevitable. I feel like there’s something more though. Bran will likely set him on the course for his final act of redemption. 

9 hours ago, Jonboy said:

Yara mentioning the Iron Islands as a fallback location has to mean that will actually come into play, right? 

Perhaps the Night King actually wrecks them and the survivors have to retreat to the Iron Islands? Would put them much closer to King's Landing too.

I think it's more than likely the human armies get decimated by white walkers.

4 hours ago, Jonboy said:

Who’d you go with? I feel most confident on Sam and Arya surviving. Any other character dying wouldn’t really surprise me. 

Sam, Sansa, Tyrion, Theon and Bran

1 hour ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Survivor Westeros: Hipster Island

Seriously, did you just purposefully go down the list and pick the least likely to survive and just decide to go with them for that very reason?

I hadn't noticed that until now.

26 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

I hadn't noticed that until now.

Bran's purpose for existing may have everything to do with his own survival and Theon could conceivably fight his way out of things with his abilities with a bow, but I just don't see how Sam, Sansa, or Tyrion survive unless whoever is destined to kill the Night King kills him before the wights or white walkers get to them. Sam and Tyrion can barely fight their way out of a wet paper sack and Sansa can't even manage that.

22 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Bran's purpose for existing may have everything to do with his own survival and Theon could conceivably fight his way out of things with his abilities with a bow, but I just don't see how Sam, Sansa, or Tyrion survive unless whoever is destined to kill the Night King kills him before the wights or white walkers get to them. Sam and Tyrion can barely fight their way out of a wet paper sack and Sansa can't even manage that.

Sam, Sansa, and Tyrion will be safely away from the fighting, presumably. They are the most likely to survive. If they die, everyone else is already dead. 

Unless they are in the crypts and the Night King turns the old kings of winter into wights from afar...

1 hour ago, Starkiller said:

Sam, Sansa, and Tyrion will be safely away from the fighting, presumably. They are the most likely to survive. If they die, everyone else is already dead.

Idk... Tyrion may not die from a wight bite, but he could come down with a bad case of arrow to the head. Everyone loves Bronn, but we've all been lulled into believing that he'd ultimately side with Tyrion and Jaime. I don't think he will. The guy is a sell sword through and through. He didn't knock Jaime out of the way of Drogon's flame because he cared about him. He even flat out said so after they dragged themselves ashore. "Until I get what I'm owed a dragon doesn't get to kill ya... you don't get to kill ya. Only I get to kill ya." And he meant it. So if it means that killing him gets him what he's owed then he's going to do it.

Maybe Jaime will wind up killing Cersei after all...

Unless they are in the crypts and the Night King turns the old kings of winter into wights from afar...

I've wondered about that. He didn't touch any of the dead at Hardhome when he raised his hands, but every one of the dead were killed either by wights or white walkers so there has been contact through his army. Maybe the dead buried who haven't been touched by any of the army of the undead wouldn't be affected? That'd be a helluva twist... maybe that's what Arya's running from in the trailer. Dead Ned?

If the Night King can just raise any dead body from the ground then I don't see how there'll be anyone left to fight a war with the south by the time the Night King meets his ultimate end... assuming he actually meets his end. What if the ultimate fate is that Westeros falls completely to the Night King and any living survivors must flee to other continents? Wouldn't be the first time a place in this world became uninhabitable. Old Valyria... Asshai, or any place east of Qarth really. Maybe those places were once normal.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

3 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

i just feel that politically... HBO will want sansa to win. womens empowerment. rape victim. she's been super weak for like 6.75 seasons and now all of a suddens shes becoming strong and calling out john and shit. 

GRRM probably wants tyrion to win because hes been given the least and hes disabled.. and GRRM in his core is a big geek. Those guys cant wait to have the underdog prevail 

3 hours ago, Starkiller said:

Sams got that sword for a reason. 

2 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Idk... Tyrion may not die from a wight bite, but he could come down with a bad case of arrow to the head. Everyone loves Bronn, but we've all been lulled into believing that he'd ultimately side with Tyrion and Jaime. I don't think he will. The guy is a sell sword through and through. He didn't knock Jaime out of the way of Drogon's flame because he cared about him. He even flat out said so after they dragged themselves ashore. "Until I get what I'm owed a dragon doesn't get to kill ya... you don't get to kill ya. Only I get to kill ya." And he meant it. So if it means that killing him gets him what he's owed then he's going to do it.

Maybe Jaime will wind up killing Cersei after all...

I've wondered about that. He didn't touch any of the dead at Hardhome when he raised his hands, but every one of the dead were killed either by wights or white walkers so there has been contact through his army. Maybe the dead buried who haven't been touched by any of the army of the undead wouldn't be affected? That'd be a helluva twist... maybe that's what Arya's running from in the trailer. Dead Ned?

If the Night King can just raise any dead body from the ground then I don't see how there'll be anyone left to fight a war with the south by the time the Night King meets his ultimate end... assuming he actually meets his end. What if the ultimate fate is that Westeros falls completely to the Night King and any living survivors must flee to other continents? Wouldn't be the first time a place in this world became uninhabitable. Old Valyria... Asshai, or any place east of Qarth really. Maybe those places were once normal.

- Bronn leaves his money on the ground to fight, not sure if he's really all about the cash. 

- Dead Ned returns as zombie? I really hope so. That would be hilarious 

5 hours ago, titanruss said:

i just feel that politically... HBO will want sansa to win. womens empowerment. rape victim. she's been super weak for like 6.75 seasons and now all of a suddens shes becoming strong and calling out john and shit. 

GRRM probably wants tyrion to win because hes been given the least and hes disabled.. and GRRM in his core is a big geek. Those guys cant wait to have the underdog prevail

I don't think HBO has any say in that. Besides, Dany was also a rape victim. But I can buy Sansa ultimately sitting on the throne at the end. Arya and Tyrion both had something to say about Sansa's intelligence in this first episode (foreshadowing?), but her slow-burning ascension in the show from whimsical, entitled brat into a hardened woman of authority has been real.

A lot of people have called her weak... that's short-sighted. She was a child who spent most of her "coming of age" years in King's Landing. Of course she's going to seem "weak". Her story is actually pretty parallel to Arya's, but whereas her sister was literally more of a fighter, Sansa was always destined more for the political. She had the strong, ethical foundation of her upbringing through Ned and Catelyn, but she had routine master classes in how manipulation works through Cersei and Littlefinger. And she's had first-hand experience with how brutally evil people can be in positions of power and authority through Ramsey Bolton.

Of all the people who aren't Dany and Jon, Sansa is probably the most fit to rule Westeros. She could at the very least be hand to the queen or king.

6 hours ago, titanruss said:

Sams got that sword for a reason. 

Jorah officially renounced his claim to Long Claw, so I can see Sam giving the sword to him before the battle happens.

- Bronn leaves his money on the ground to fight, not sure if he's really all about the cash. 

I think that was more about survival than a lust for fighting. He was eyeballing the shit out of the gold as he started to get up, but he realized pretty quickly that if he took the time to try and gather it up he was probably getting chopped down by the Dothraki dude coming his way.

I mean, dead men can't spend gold...

- Dead Ned returns as zombie? I really hope so. That would be hilarious 

Awkward is coming.