2023 WR draft analysis

Jmac959

3 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

If Carthon is desperate to trade for a WR he should be looking at the Broncos guys Jerry Jeudy and Courtland Sutton, both are in the "younger" age profile the Titans have been looking for this offseason.

Jeudy is reportedly available for an early 2nd plus steak knives and would be better than any WR in this draft class, if you are planning to use a 2nd round pick on a WR amyway why not just use it on a player that looks to be finally finding his feet in the NFL and there is plenty of 2024/25 cap room to structure an extension.

Sutton is reportedly available for day 3 pick and is a bigger body WR that Vrabel seems to love.

Strongly agree

Edited by BeedoeLaw

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's weird watching all the people who said Phillips was just too small last year and blame his size for his injuries suddenly be OK with taking even smaller guys much earlier in the draft.

If Carthon is desperate to trade for a WR he should be looking at the Broncos guys Jerry Jeudy and Courtland Sutton, both are in the "younger" age profile the Titans have been looking for this offseas

This is the kind of deep speed we need    

Posted Images

Very apparent that Tennessee wants to get younger and faster so I don’t really see them going after someone who is older and slower lol 

my vote is for jsn he is a route running technician in the slot and would punt Phillips to the moon or back to the IR

JSN will be the best wr in this class and it’s not particularly close 

33 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

If Carthon is desperate to trade for a WR he should be looking at the Broncos guys Jerry Jeudy and Courtland Sutton, both are in the "younger" age profile the Titans have been looking for this offseason.

Jeudy is reportedly available for an early 2nd plus steak knives and would be better than any WR in this draft class, if you are planning to use a 2nd round pick on a WR amyway why not just use it on a player that looks to be finally finding his feet in the NFL and there is plenty of 2024/25 cap room to structure an extension.

Sutton is reportedly available for day 3 pick and is a bigger body WR that Vrabel seems to love.

Much better solution than Dhop.  

They could still draft a WR or a TE to contribute as well.  

Just now, AvgJoe said:

Absolutely sign me up for making a move for Jeudy/Sutton if they can make it make sense. Zero interest in Hopkins

If I am trading for jeudy I am making it contingent on working out an extension first.  Otherwise he has the team kind of over a barrel in negotiations knowing what they gave up to get him.  

41 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Breer is reporting he can barely practice and needs to be managed to just play each week it would be insane to take on the salary required to bring him in (and yes I know he contract would be restructured but he isn't taking a pay cut it will just be spread out over more years)

That seemed a bit hyperbolic to me.  He missed 3 games due to a hamstring injury in 2021 and then tore his MCL in game 14 and missed the rest of the season.  He then was suspended for 6 games to start 2022 and was shut down for the last 2 games when their season was toast - presumably because they knew he would be shopped this offseason.

I'd prefer a better WR option but let's not pretend that Vrabel doesn't give veteran rest days....Henry sits out every week.

Just now, BudsOilers said:

That seemed a bit hyperbolic to me.  He missed 3 games due to a hamstring injury in 2021 and then tore his MCL in game 14 and missed the rest of the season.  He then was suspended for 6 games to start 2022 and was shut down for the last 2 games when their season was toast - presumably because they knew he would be shopped this offseason.

I'd prefer a better WR option but let's not pretend that Vrabel doesn't give veteran rest days....Henry sits out every week.

Hopkins simply doesn't fit in with the youth movement Carthon seems to be embarking on it would be an incredibly dumb move and one likely pushed by Vrabel if it eventuated.

I think what people are missing is that Hopkins is certainly faster than NWI and makes contested catches.  Vrabel's comment to get faster didn't necessarily mean 4.3 guys but when you trot out NWI and Swaim as starters, the bar to get faster isn't high.  4.55 guys can apply.

I

2 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Hopkins simply doesn't fit in with the youth movement Carthon seems to be embarking on it would be an incredibly dumb move and one likely pushed by Vrabel if it eventuated.

Depends on the cost.  If it's a day 3 pick and can plug in a NFL caliber WR, you'd have to consider it assuming you could just restructure the existing deal.

2 hours ago, BudsOilers said:

I think what people are missing is that Hopkins is certainly faster than NWI and makes contested catches.  Vrabel's comment to get faster didn't necessarily mean 4.3 guys but when you trot out NWI and Swaim as starters, the bar to get faster isn't high.  4.55 guys can apply.

I

That's what I kind of got as well.  It's not the burner type that'll score from anywhere types (though it would be nice).  It's more like someone who can get open and get you 15+ yard chunk plays.  And Hopkins can still do that.  

Makes me wonder whether or not they should bring in Marvin Jones on the cheap since he's still out there.

4 minutes ago, TerryBoats said:

Hopkins averaged 7 catches and 80 yards per game last year.  LOL at anyone saying "No thanks, we're good!"

Its not simply we're good its why trade for and pay a 31y/o WR who reportedly needs to be physically managed to get to game day each week, it is also the short term moves like this that helped lead to the deterioration of the roster.

So in this case its no thanks from me.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08