Malik Willis is a damn trouble maker.

Number9

26 minutes ago, TheBukafax said:

The politics forum shows the majority of the regulars on this board are left leaning.

Majority. This’s not the political board. But I when someone says something doesn’t exist, I think maybe they can use some help. 

mods delete if unsuitable. But nobody is ever going to get away with calling someone a coon. Even Hershel. 

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Willis ain't the unfairly bashed QB on this roster

Well, he sucks. You're supposed to bash players that suck. 

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

I want him to be successful, but the evidence just doesn't exist. He does okish against backups and vanilla defenses. 

He needs a minimum 2+ years to develop, and in the meantime, we need an actual backup.

Someone else brought up a valid point. Years ago, someone this raw was a #3 QB and someone with more experience/less upside was #2. Now fewer teams carry 3 QBs and it makes situations like this worse. 

In these days few will devote a roster spot for years for someone who doesn't develop quickly.  

2 hours ago, SleepingTitan said:

I want him to be successful, but the evidence just doesn't exist. He does okish against backups and vanilla defenses. 

He needs a minimum 2+ years to develop, and in the meantime, we need an actual backup.

It would have been nice to pick-up an OL, TE, or a speedy WR with the 3rd we wasted on an inaccurate QB with questionable ability to read defenses.  

If Willis is the #2 come playoff time, I don't know how meathead and quiver chins defends it.  

3 hours ago, BudsOilers said:

Wrong.  I didn’t misunderstand anything.  You cited his traits only and NEVER claimed your stance was based on his draft position and how that would not tie up the team in a long term commitment.  You’re only today in this now to save face which is kind of your deal around here because you consistently say outlandish things, I get called out about it, and then claim you were miss, understood, or it it was some contextualization issue……

And as for his elite arm, the lack of accuracy and complete ineptitude processing things makes it meaningless.  

BTW you were buzzing about him in the initial draft thread about him too so don’t even claim otherwise.  

I never said I didnt think he was a good prospect as a third round pick. Per usual keep making mountains out of molehills. I explained myself about what I meant several times. 

3 hours ago, Number9 said:

Let me tell you something.  We older guys know how to stay in our place.  I presented a question.  It got discussed.  But these young boys didn't come up like us.  We had to temper our words to keep the conversation soft.  These young boys are not like that.  You need to step back Hershel.  

Now believe what you want, but don't be calling the young boys coons.  

Hopefully you take this as a friend telling you something.  You start tossing racist names at your own people, every one will think that shit is acceptable.  It ain't.

If you won't stand up.  Sit the ... down.

If you willingly engage with racists every day and seek their approval online, you're a coon. Period. Now, I don't think you're a coon but that's because you don't actually think the board is racist. You're just looking for attention. I'm not the one throwing out accusations of racism and using information language. You are. 

On 11/23/2022 at 10:13 PM, Number9 said:

There has been excessive shit heaping on our third round pick. The boy didn’t pick himself. I have been posting here over 20 years and I have never seen anything as despicable.

It is an embarrassment to the board. It’s an embarrassment to me. It would be different if posters routinely shit on rookies, but that’s just not the case. This has never been done before and It has a strange emotional energy to it. 

It is time for people to get past treating people differently because of _____. When a group watches it happen and says nothing, it doesn’t say much about them.  

Go to the Tannehill praise thread after the GB game. Why the hell would that be the time to attack Willis. WTF did he have to do with the celebration. I’m a boomer. I remember the way people said It doesn’t have anything to do with that, you are taking it the wrong way.  But when you look at the actual truth, the bullshit doesn’t stand up to scrutiny.  Not one Titans rookie ever has been trashed like him.

When you tar and feather a player who didn’t even play in a game who you were told is a project, it smells bad. So, I will be whatever ever you say. But I WILL NOT BE QUIET ABOUT IT.  

This is why I talk about being a stand up guy. I risked my life many times in the 1960’s to stand against the type shit. I looked into the barrels of a double gage shotgun held by a Metro Sargent at 1am in the morning on a deserted street. I was afraid, but I continued on for years active in the struggle.  So young black men could have the same chance as any American. 

It is just wrong.  If I am attacked for living my truth, so be it.  

But when you attack me, give some examples of how other players have received this same treatment.  A rookie getting his chance. I like the people here, including my two friends. But some things are bigger than like. I tried to do this by presenting film where knowledgeable football analyst didn't trash him. That did not work.  

You mad b/c of his skin color is same as yours?  You and others had no issues bad mouthing Marcus.  Why b/c he's not same as you?  I would've love to see a post like this regarding Marcus who was the classiest person in the NFL.  He gave his all but all you guys did was shit on him constantly.

2 hours ago, Justafan said:

What's really hilarious here is that the fans bashing Willis have been proven correct at every step of the way thus far.  They said Tannehill would start this year and he did.  They said the team would try to use him in gimmick plays and they did.  They said he would suck if he was forced into situations where he had to drop back and pass and he has.  In fact, unless Tannehill is cut and Willis is given the reigns next offseason, those on the bandwagon look incredibly dumb.  

The possibility of that happening is next to nil by the way.  No one in their right mind would put Willis in charge of an offense full time when Tannehill is on the roster.  There is a better chance that Willis gets cut than he becomes the starter next year. 

People need to read and reread this. 

2 hours ago, EagleEye said:

You mad b/c of his skin color is same as yours?  You and others had no issues bad mouthing Marcus.  Why b/c he's not same as you?  I would've love to see a post like this regarding Marcus who was the classiest person in the NFL.  He gave his all but all you guys did was shit on him constantly.

I had to laugh at that. I was one of Mariota’s biggest supporters! I supported him wholeheartedly for two years. 

Then, you know what happened. People get upset when I say PSG#3, so I am not even going to say anything. 

edited because I used voice to text and it screwed up Mariota. My apologies. 

Edited by Number9

If you guys really want to have discussions, quit trying to gang up on people. 

it is bad as Twitter. Every thread I start two posters fly in and try to derail the conversation with b.s.    Now poor Hershel, here he comes.  I can tell you right now. I have hung up my gloves. 

This just got out of hand. Before the season started, I asked why you guys were just pointing out mistakes he made in college.   hint 

Then I started those film studies. hint hint. 

So, here we are. Coon. Nazi. You guys want to just meet down in front of the stadium?  Or do you want to have a free discussion.  You talk. You respect others who may have different opinions. 

This is a Titans Message Board. It ain’t everybody gotta agree with @Number9  

Edited by Number9

• Number9 changed the title to Malik Willis is a damn trouble maker.