2022 General Election Midterms: Dems Hold Senate; R's Take The House

tgo

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The two parties are nothing close to the same. The Dems are flawed but actually try and govern and pass bills that helps citizens even if influenced by money. The Dems don't do enough.    Th

The poor MAGA supporters rely exclusively  on conservative news outlets and Facebook feeds as their only sources of news and information….and since they insist on surrounding themselves with nothing b

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Starkiller said:

People are angry. They feel the need to vent that anger.

The problem is that many are venting that anger at the only people who are actually on their side. I suspect a lot of those people venting anger towards Democrats are also the people who didn’t bother voting for Hillary back when they could have actually stopped this travesty from happening in the first place.

The ones who attack the Dems' effort to turnout votes are generally the ones who have refused to turnout to vote…

I wish Obama or somebody would call this shit out publicly. Go on a late night TV show and just go on a tirade. 

You can't beat Republican cruelty with progressive purity. 

Edited by luvyablue256

20 minutes ago, luvyablue256 said:

I wish Obama or somebody would call this shit out publicly. Go on a late night TV show and just go on a tirade. 

This x1000. Its time for voters to grow up. Its also time for the democratic party to get its shit together. 

12 minutes ago, oldschool said:

This x1000. Its time for voters to grow up. Its also time for the democratic party to get its shit together. 

One area where House Democratic leadership was frustrated with the WH in particular was not putting out unified messaging/talking points, etc on the Roe decision - so I get it. 

I think Biden as an old school Senate institutionalist absolutely hated it when the WH told him what to do/say as a Senator (in the same mold as McConnell who shares the same view), so the WH does not meddle in Congressional messaging due to Biden's ethos, and this can be an Achilles heel at times. A lot of people want a very strong executive and central party messaging and that's the style of governance they are used to.

Personally, I prefer Congress to be the more central power/governing authority than the executive and I think the role of the president is to take a back seat to Congress and to guide domestic issues from a position that's more "above the fray" - in a perfect world. But that's a pretty old school (pre-FDR) view, and Americans in our lifetimes are used to a really strong-armed central executive. 

5 hours ago, luvyablue256 said:

No one really cares about late night talk shows anymore man

Colbert has like 3 million viewers, but they're all the kinds of people who probably already vote for Democrats consistently.

Roe Rogan has potentially 3-4 times that amount, and they're probably all the kinds of low propensity voters or marginal voters you're wanting to get. Also, it would get a ton of attention on social media if Obama talked to Rogan.

Just the first idea that comes to mind. 

On 6/26/2022 at 11:28 AM, Number9 said:

I've donated to politicians this cycle.  They rewarded me with constant emails and texts asking for more money.

Yep.  I still get emails and I think it's been 10 years since I donated.  And it gets DESPERATE the moment you donate.  At least now it's down to one email a week or so.  

On 6/26/2022 at 11:53 AM, oldschool said:

its purely anecdotal but I'm starting to hear buzz from the more left people in my social circle that it may be time to send the democrats a message and stay home. Short term pain for long term gain. I think thats batshit crazy and hope it passes before November. 

That's hilariously sad.  Ask them how that has worked the past two decades.

On 6/26/2022 at 3:06 PM, BudsOilers said:

The irony is that the major political parties and religions are after one thing far above anything else. Money.......and both entities want it all the time.

In reality, the system is fucked and probably always will be.  There should be term limits and mandatory retirement limits for politicians and judges.  There should not be lobbyists or PAC's and there should be limits on campaign spending.  There should not be riders in bills adding on unrelated items nor should there be laws written with so many pages that the representatives don't even read them

A-fucking-men.  

In the sixties there was a popular book titled The True Believer, by Eric Hoffer.  There were people who risked their lives and freedom to bring about change.  I was a True Believer.  We were True Believers.  Today, the religionist is the TB.  

Rightly or wrongly, they believe their cause is righteous and they will die for it.  The ones who broke into the Capitol of the United States government were TB.  Not all willing to die, but most willing to take a hit.  Arrests.  Fines.  

Their leadership has convinced them someone wants to take away their rights and privileges.  

The Lie is their biggest weapon.  

The two most important factors are the macro-economic environment prior to the election and how the primaries play out.  Most of that is unknown at this point but we do know that Trump and DeSantis will destroy each other in their primary.

Edited by ctm

1 hour ago, ctm said:

Trump and DeSantis will destroy each other in their primary.

If Trump seriously runs, I would think Republicans chances are very low. 

Two scenarios if Trump seriously runs - He wins the Republican primary or he does not win it.

If he ran and lost the primary, then the Republican nominee would have a low chance, in my opinion, since the true Trump base supporters, which I would guess is 20 to 25% of the Republican party, would not vote in most likelihood because they would see Trump's primary defeat as conspiracy a situation he would likely make worse in public comments (imagine how much Trump would attack the winner in the scenario), so they would not vote for the nominee - some might even vote Democrat just to vote against the conspirator in their eyes.    

If Trump runs and won the primary, I just cant see him winning  - he lost popular vote twice already and his name should be mud to millions of more people, plus his supporters demographics would be a lower percentage of the voting public.  

I think he knows this and will not run, instead he will try to get money from endorsing someone. 

Edited by 9 Nines

14 hours ago, nine said:

As near as I can tell, the Republicans' entire philosophy and vision for the future is to push everything back to what it was 20-50 years ago.     They're the political equivalent of a balding 60-year old guy in a Def Leppard tee shirt complaining that nobody makes good music anymore. 

yep.. push everything back to 50 years ago except this time instead of black people getting the short end of the stick, they want to intentionally make everyone poor then give them the short end - everyone thats not already uber wealthy or a large company of course.

• tgo changed the title to 2022 General Election Midterms: Dems Hold Senate; R's Take The House