Dez Fitzpatrick Waived

tgo

3 minutes ago, scine09 said:

I go by the thought, not the ultimate result.  Two things could have happened, or a combination of both.  #1, he wasn’t the player they thought he was.  #2 so many guys surprised at camp that they just couldn’t get rid of certain guys (Chester Rogers, Marcus Johnson and Cameron Batson).  And of course when they selected him Julio Jones wasn’t on the roster yet.

He's gone so I don't really care to delve into the weeds. Let's just agree that the resources could've been better used.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All the bellyaching over a 4th rounder drives me crazy. the vast majority of 4-7th round picks flame out.

Better than holding on to him for two or three years because you refuse to admit the truth.  I've seen that happen a lot in the NFL.

Cue Tolar in 7... 5... 4...

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, NFLStudent said:

I'm having a hard time calling Dez Fitzpatrick a "bust" after training camp and THREE preseason games with Logan Woodside and Matt Barkley running the offense. 

You traded up for him. 

Gave him 1 mini camp.

1 training camp and 3 preseason games and decided he sucked? I mean........

IMO any player that gives you meaningful snaps even if they didn't quite turn into what you expected is free from the bust label. Dez, unfortunately is a bust. His busting won't cripple the team like high profile busts do but the kid just didn't have it apparently.

There is still a small blind spot on the Titans personnel department regarding football character because it seems based on reporting from the local media Dez Fitzpatrick lacked that internal desire/fire/passion/motivation that usually drives NFL players.

It has been reported for weeks that coaches had been frustrated by the lack of intensity Fitzpatrick had been showing in practice.

16 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

The magnitude of the mistake is small.  This isn't Isaiah Wilson.

the concern, imo, is the pattern of drafting guys that somehow by the time they put on a Titan uniform, they’re not interested in working hard to make a pro football team. JRob’s supposed criteria, repeated to the point of being a mantra, was that he wanted guys who loved the game and were all football, all the time.

I get that players try and fail. But when they don’t try and they were forced picks due to needs, then yeah, JRob should get dinged proportionate to the resources spent.

Edited by begooode

2 minutes ago, scine09 said:

What can I say?  Put your application in to Amy Adam’s Strunk.  I’m sure she’ll give it very serious consideration.

Now, now don't get snippy. J-Rob admits mistakes when he makes them. We can admit his mistakes too instead of finding a way to explain them away.

Just now, Mythos27 said:

Now, now don't get snippy. J-Rob admits mistakes when he makes them. We can admit his mistakes too instead of finding a way to explain them away.

He admits his mistakes when he sees them on the field and realizes they suck.  But like I said I look at what he does based on the thought process.  The draft in general is a crap shoot.