Albert Breer MAQB on Tannehill

AussieTitanFan08

19 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

too predictable with running Henry on 2nd down

I hadn't noticed.  LOL!  It has to stop.  Incomplete 1st down, false start, 2-15.  Hand the ball to Henry.  When team's get on to your plays, that's when you open up the playbook.  One play the announcers were even talking about how Tannehill was back there attempting to throw the ball with only two players running routes.  Teams are  keyed up trying to stop the run and our DBs are giving 7-8 yard cushions.  It's time to realize to win playing defense like that you got to put points on the board.  

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

/facepalm   Things get slow over at GoTitans? 

Albert Breer touched on Tannehill's declining production over recent weeks and mentioned something that I was saying watching the Colts game and that is opposition defenses are stacking the middle of

First you are against being negative towards Titans players.  Then....   ...You shit all over 2/3rds of the team to rescue Tannehill from any criticism.  With a lack of consistency, I doub

9 minutes ago, big2033 said:

All I'll say regarding our offense is I bristle with "Deja Vu" when most of the blame goes to the OC.

It's not just the play-calling. 

Fans love to blame the offensive coordinator first in every NFL City, it’s the go-to move and it’s as reliable and certain as death and taxes. 

2 hours ago, JoelinBellevue said:

Brown does not have soft hands. Thankfully Tanne throws balls so good he has to catch them, usually. 

I would like to see some more commentary on this. He catches the ball well and he’s superior at getting yards after the catch. 

It's a slump but I need to see a little more before I'm ready to declare that opposing DCs have figured out Arthur Smith's scheme.  Tannehill produced at elite numbers across 17-18 games and over an entire offseason where opponents had time to study what they were doing.  

Guys have bad games (AJ last week) and opponents make great plays (Bengals two weeks ago) and sometimes the better team just gets beat or beats themselves.  It's a long season and most of these games come down to a few mistakes going one way or the other. 

10 hours ago, NFL2K5 said:

As I said yesterday; by NFL standards our offense has scored enough points in every game to win them all, but our defense has given up enough points in every game to lose them all. Let that sink in.

This is accurate.

It’s really unfair to even be mentioning the offense.

But here we are.

13 hours ago, IrishTitansFan said:

Tannehill clearly has not been playing as well recently and has struggled a bit when his first read is covered. Hopefully he straightens it out, but the rest of the team has to step up to help him

Well, he doesn't exactly have a ton of time to come off his first read with the tackles we have and the constant shuffling in the interior last week.

Just now, japan said:

Well, he doesn't exactly have a ton of time to come off his first read with the tackles we have and the constant shuffling in the interior last week.

he doesn't and if he does he's throwing from a really tight pocket.  The Colts collapsed the pocket from all sides.

Watching Colts game again the passing plays are all quick strikes...you don't see Tannehill in the pocket often scanning the field for an open receiver but at the same time this seems by design.  Our offense has always leaned to that based on the play action and  Tannehills back being to the defense a lot.

just cant tell if they are protecting the o-line or this is how they want to play

14 hours ago, NFL2K5 said:

Oh shut up dude. They just want to take shots at Tannehill because they were wrong about him. As a Titans fan why would you post this garbage?? Why doesnt the media focus on our trash defense. Tannehill is probably the least of our issues on this team.

14 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Has been some reports questioning Peters effort in recent weeks.

Peters is a cancer.

Chiefs draft him with a first round pick.  Comes out of the gate looking like a HOF player.  First snap ever, interception.  He had been in trouble in college and was trying to reform his image.  Second year, he does okay, but there starts to be some fracturing of the team and the defense is giving a little less effort, and the run defense sucks.  Third year, club nearly implodes.  Chiefs drafted a QB named Patrick Mahomes and Peters is pissed because it wasn't a player to help them win immediately.  Chiefs start out 5-0, injuries catch up to them and the team is out in the first round of the playoffs against the Titans.  The game was lost with the help of the refs forward progress call, the injuries to Travis Kelce and Chris Jones, and Peters lack of effort in the run game.  

Side note:  He had walked off the field early in a loss.  He had gotten some really bad penalties.  He also, apparently, physically assaulted a defensive coach, that is believed to be former defensive coordinator, Bob Sutton.  And, while he was a big problem with the loss to the Steelers in 2016, he called out Alex Smith for not going deep more.  (look at the WR's on that team, are you kidding me)  He and Mahomes had beef, Chiefs knew they needed to trade him.

Rams traded a second for him.  First year, they go to the Super Bowl.  Second year, the fracturing starts to happen so they trade him. 

Ravens trade a third for him in October of 2019.  They don't lose another game and get the #1 seed.  The Ravens are blown out in the Divisional round by the 6th seed whose QB had less than 10 completions.  Much like the Chiefs against the Steelers and the Chiefs against the Titans,  heck even the Rams to the Pats to a lesser degree, the Ravens were soft against the run.

We see the memes of Earl Thomas getting stiff armed by Henry.  And, that is good stuff.  Go back and watch the play as Marcus Peters slows down running towards the action.  

The Ravens decided to extend him.  Good for them.  He fits their trash organization.  I will be so happy to see them destroyed in the playoffs once again.

I expect the Ravens to trade him for a fourth or less, but I hope they keep him for the next 10 years.

I think most objective fans understand that Tannehill has some limitations.  Otherwise, the Titans don't get him for a sixth round pick.  He had plenty on tape and every other club in the NFL, including the team that he had played for previously said... nah.

At 16 games, he had a 12-4 regular season record.  Last year, when he took over, the Titans were not a playoff team.  The Titans probably surprised a few teams along the way.

The Ravens have said they didn't take the Titans seriously.  Now, part of that is just sour grapes, but I assume they were much more focused on trying to beat the Chiefs.  Last year, the two 'it' teams in the AFC were the Chiefs and Ravens and the Ravens had already lost to the Chiefs.

The Chiefs didn't take the Texans seriously, and spotted them a 24 point lead on dumb mistakes.  The difference is that the Chiefs could put together three quarters of focused football that was more than enough.

Tannehill's record in the last 16 games currently stands at:  11-5.  Not a bad record at all.  

Now, he has a full year on tape with the Titans staff and personnel.  The Titans also started out 5-0 and are viewed as a serious playoff threat this year.  It is normal for them to receive more attention from opposing coordinators.

It will be interesting to see how this team finishes down the stretch.  RT can be super effective with a great running game and a great offensive line.  

Truly elite players can make up for the deficiencies around them.  So far, RT hasn't proven to be that.

13 hours ago, JoelinBellevue said:

No one is saying he is bad, but DCs are onto us. Happens all the time. The stuff to Firsker has been taken away. Smith adjusted and Tanny tried an out to Smith but overthrew him. Bet you they work more on that play. We are way too predictable with running Henry on 2nd down, especially long yardage. He wants to be in 3rd and 6 for the Firsker route. He cant make either one work. I posted during the game the Colts had 9 8n the box. I said throw a fade to the corner. They ran Henry instead. The next play he threw a fade but out of bounds. So predictable.

We are way too predictable running Henry on 2nd down but he did pick up first downs on I think three of those plays vs the colts...the one called back on the hold.

what bothers me more is running him on the 2nd and shorts....he gets you 7 yards on 1st and we just keep running it.   They need to let Tannehill have those 2 downs and spread things out.  Take some shots and trust your QB to dump it off for the 1st if shit aint there.