Schefter "would not be surprised if the Titans lose a draft pick due to covid protocol breaches"

AussieTitanFan08

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That’s total bullshit, you don’t take any draft picks for getting a virus during a pandemic 

2 hours ago, Jamalisms said:

If they prove it, I'm 100% fine with it. But I hope they don't just say protocols were broken and leave it at that because the Titans refuse to say they broke protocol and then it's just awkward and I know I'll take up for the team.

I agree. They have to prove it and be transparent about it. If it is clear we violated the rules, we deserve punishment. 

2 hours ago, Th3Ch0senOn3 said:

That’s total bullshit, you don’t take any draft picks for getting a virus during a pandemic 

We would not be penalized for getting the virus. We would be penalized for not taking it seriously enough to follow the protocols to the fullest extent. If that is true, we deserve a fair punishment. 

2 hours ago, rns90 said:

And if another team has another breakout of positives (PATS currently have two) will they be heavily fined and or disciplined as well?

This is also key. It's not about the extent of the outbreak, it's what facilitated the outbreak and the consistency of the process and the rules. I am not saying whatever punishment is justified now and I similarly won't call it bullshit. 

1 hour ago, BudAdams said:

No sense getting upset at this point.  Let the process play out.  

Saying that, until another team has a significant outbreak, it’s hard to die in this hill that the Titans are squeaky clean here

As indicated here, we have to let the process play out and determine based on the NFL's transparency what is or isn't justified. I am not really sold on the NFL's history of fairness and smart decision making in situations like these. But if we did violate protocol that really fucking matters and they need to do something about it. 

2 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Just now on Sportscenter Schefter gave an update on the NFL/NFLPA investigation of the Titans possible covid protocol breaches.

According to Schefter despite repeated insistence from the Titans they followed all protocols the NFL is going to come down very hard on the Titans as their belief is they have not properly adhered to covid protocols.

Schefter also said "he would not be at all surprised if the Titans face large fines and also the loss of a draft pick" as punishment for the covid protocol beaches.

This sounds like a Goodell staple.  

2 hours ago, TheBukafax said:

The issue with this is there were obvious flaws in the NFL protocols such as 2 negative tests when incubation times with players only testing positive 5-6 days later shows this is on the NFL as much as the Titans. If anything the NFLPA should sue the NFL.

How about just a recommendation that coaches wear masks during outdoor practice? 

2 hours ago, Starkiller said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the NFL penalized the Titans to scare other teams into compliance, then let the Titans off easy on appeal in the offseason

That’s never happened

Im going to be bet these are the two things we are hit for even though they werent spelled out. 

- Teams must keep all surveillance video for 30 days.

- Mask regulations strengthened. 

Guessing we must not have kept video. And we were pulling masks down on the practice field. 

Edited by japan

24 minutes ago, Bink said:

I agree. They have to prove it and be transparent about it. If it is clear we violated the rules, we deserve punishment. 

We would not be penalized for getting the virus. We would be penalized for not taking it seriously enough to follow the protocols to the fullest extent. If that is true, we deserve a fair punishment. 

This is also key. It's not about the extent of the outbreak, it's what facilitated the outbreak and the consistency of the process and the rules. I am not saying whatever punishment is justified now and I similarly won't call it bullshit. 

As indicated here, we have to let the process play out and determine based on the NFL's transparency what is or isn't justified. I am not really sold on the NFL's history of fairness and smart decision making in situations like these. But if we did violate protocol that really fucking matters and they need to do something about it. 

Draft picks aren't a fair punishment, raiders failed protocol 3-4 times and got fined. 

1 minute ago, Th3Ch0senOn3 said:

Draft picks aren't a fair punishment, raiders failed protocol 3-4 times and got fined. 

I am not going to pass judgement right now. I can see a massive failure in protocol resulting in a draft pick loss. We have had the biggest outbreak by far--the question is, "why did this happen?" 

The NFL could find we really shit the bed here--if they can and can prove it, I think draft picks could be on the table. 

That said, there needs to be a consistent and transparent explanation for whatever they do. 

If they're going to do it sooner than later, the most equitable way would be to make it contingent upon how we follow the protocols going forward; if they comply without any further violations make it a low 6th or 7th, but any further violation bumps it up.

4 hours ago, Jamalisms said:

If they prove it, I'm 100% fine with it. But I hope they don't just say protocols were broken and leave it at that because the Titans refuse to say they broke protocol and then it's just awkward and I know I'll take up for the team.

I'll take up for the team regardless of whether or not they broke the NFL's broken protocols. Because 1) I'm a (loyal) Titans fan first, (casual) NFL fan last, 2) the NFL has shown time and time again that it will resort to all manner of horseshit face-saving tactics to protect their ignorant tree house club so I have a hard time swallowing any instance of their self-rightous piety, 3) I actually believe the Titans when they say they haven't broken protocol due to how functional the organization has been since JRob took over, and 4) I suspect this may actually be a back-handed payback slap of the Titans for how things went down with AAS when they were on us about how the organization's ownership was structured. Also, the Titans aren't the Cowboys or Giants and they aren't a flashy entertaining media darling like the Chiefs and Ravens.

So basically, fuck the NFL. And since the 2021 draft is going to be such a crap shot anyway... go ahead and take away a potentially useless pick. Might leave us more money to lock down a player that may have left through free agency.

13 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I'll take up for the team regardless of whether or not they broke the NFL's broken protocols. Because 1) I'm a (loyal) Titans fan first, (casual) NFL fan last, 2) the NFL has shown time and time again that it will resort to all manner of horseshit face-saving tactics to protect their ignorant tree house club so I have a hard time swallowing any instance of their self-rightous piety, 3) I actually believe the Titans when they say they haven't broken protocol due to how functional the organization has been since JRob took over, and 4) I suspect this may actually be a back-handed payback slap of the Titans for how things went down with AAS when they were on us about how the organization's ownership was structured. Also, the Titans aren't the Cowboys or Giants and they aren't a flashy entertaining media darling like the Chiefs and Ravens.

So basically, fuck the NFL. And since the 2021 draft is going to be such a crap shot anyway... go ahead and take away a potentially useless pick. Might leave us more money to lock down a player that may have left through free agency.

Nah. Vrabel's wording seemed telling when he said the team and organization has followed. Likely it's a player compliance issue. And the NFL is definitely scapegoating, as they always will, but any breaches for this situation are just unacceptable. It's a razors edge hope to get the season in. Adherence is simply mandatory in every sense or you're sabotaging the entire league similar to drink driving risking the lives of others.