Can Sanders Win?

tgo

39 minutes ago, Cornrow Wallace said:

you clearly don't understand the problem at all.

I understand you bit off more you could chew financially and now you want a get out of debt free card. Accept some responsibility and try to figure out a solution that doesn't cost us that weren't stupid with their money.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's hard because what we are seeing is a dying party change the rules to hold onto power. The GOP is terrified of how America is changing and they know the writing is on the wall. Their last gasp eff

Here’s to hoping the establishment can squash this populist ruffian virus before our party gets fully infected the way the GOP did with Trump. 

If a rolltide posts in the woods does anyone care since 75% of the board has him on ignore?

Posted Images

9 hours ago, abenjami said:

$12k per year and $60k total sounds like a lot to some people but it's nothing when you consider the loan would be interest free and repaid over a 25 year period.  That's $200 per month.  If college grads can't afford that, then perhaps the entire college educational system needs to be blown up and start over.

Yeah, as @Titans279 mentioned, the FAFSA system is screwed up.  It honestly makes no sense.  A kid who turns 18 is an adult but we will discriminate against him because of his parent's income?  LOL

Add in deferments for hard times, pubic service forgiveness programs-  and $60k is reasonable.  I think if someone chooses a nonprofit or public service (teacher, social worker, etc) then should be earned forgiveness programs.  Then add in things like Military programs that can help pay.....  that becomes a decent package. 

I don't like "free" college because its obviously not free.  It requires every citizen to pay.  There are plenty of trade schools, self-employed businesses, etc- where someone can have a very rewarding,  profitable career and good life-  that does not include college.  It makes no sense to ask them to pay for someone's college. 

If we want to fix the educational system- then I would rather we look at how to end the class divisions created by private schools.  

Edited by Pragidealist

9 hours ago, Number9 said:

Today he said he will not accept Mike Bloomberg‘s money he’s giving to support the dem nominee. He’s not a dem and has little interest in helping the party to succeed.  In my opinion, that’s not character. Be man enough to have your special values without riding off what the other man built up. 

Well damn, there’s $5k he isn’t going to get...

I just want to mention one thing to all in favor of debt elimination.  Do some research about second mortgages and refinancing.  Look into the last housing crisis where American we duped into buying homes with mortgage terms they didn't understand.  What about all the people they overqualified for homes in the 1990's?  

I was talking to a Bubba wife who made maybe 30K, that's generous.  She was talking about having problems with her 2nd air unit.  I asked the size of her home.  She said 5000 sq.ft.   During this same time, another Bubba wife was worried because her husband was signed on three spec houses.

You can't afford college, so you go borrow tuition, money for place to live and a car.  The good life! 

I have to pay it back?  Go get it from Bubba's wife.

You wanna take money from rich people?  Repair the infrastructure.  Build some 1st class airports.  Pay teachers a decent salary.

Bernie is choosing student debt because they are the intellectuals.  They are young and energetic.  They are articulate.  He doesn't want Bubba's wife out there explaining it.  "Bubba, Mr Bernie gone pay off our mortgage."

5 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I just want to mention one thing to all in favor of debt elimination.  Do some research about second mortgages and refinancing.  Look into the last housing crisis where American we duped into buying homes with mortgage terms they didn't understand.  What about all the people they overqualified for homes in the 1990's?  

I was talking to a Bubba wife who made maybe 30K, that's generous.  She was talking about having problems with her 2nd air unit.  I asked the size of her home.  She said 5000 sq.ft.   During this same time, another Bubba wife was worried because her husband was signed on three spec houses.

You can't afford college, so you go borrow tuition, money for place to live and a car.  The good life! 

I have to pay it back?  Go get it from Bubba's wife.

You wanna take money from rich people?  Repair the infrastructure.  Build some 1st class airports.  Pay teachers a decent salary.

Bernie is choosing student debt because they are the intellectuals.  They are young and energetic.  They are articulate.  He doesn't want Bubba's wife out there explaining it.  "Bubba, Mr Bernie gone pay off our mortgage."

IMO, Bernie is choosing student debt to attempt to get millions of younger people to vote for him.

1 hour ago, LongTimeFan said:

Whataboutism is your response? So you want to pile more on the debt/deficit?

That isn’t whataboutism. That is a direct response. Repeal the tax cuts for everyone but the middle class and use that money to enact a program to help students pay down their debt. 

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

I understand you bit off more you could chew financially and now you want a get out of debt free card. Accept some responsibility and try to figure out a solution that doesn't cost us that weren't stupid with their money.

I'm not talking about me; I'm better off than most. You're clueless. 

1 hour ago, abenjami said:

Why is the system broken?

it's no mystery at this point....