The right thing to do is not pay Henry

OILERMAN

2 hours ago, oldschool said:

The Chiefs were in fucking goalline and were selling out to stop the run. Not throwing the ball on 1st or 2nd down on the final drive before the half is a fireable offense.

Idk if it's a fireable offense, but it sure as shit is an offense. If we make something of that drive and score at least a field goal and take time off the clock and keep the Chiefs on the sideline maybe we go into the half up 20-14 or even 24-14. Instead we punt and they drive, and then we gift Mahomes that god damn touchdown with the worst tackling effort I've seen in a long time. Brock needs to have his ass cut today.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm actually shocked Tannehill didn't audible on that play.

I've already said I'd pay Henry at this point and I'm not going to bash Robinson when he does. He's turned into a beast, he's the best runner in the league etc......   But honestly, we all k

I’d agree if Tannehill could excel on his own consistently, outside of a dominant run game. But he can’t, so imo they’re a package deal.

Posted Images

In the current league, a running back who is a rarely used to catch passes is of little value.  Perhaps it is the team but the way the team is so dependent on TEs in underneath routes in the passing game, I  think Henry cannot do it.   In today's league Henry might be a liability. 

8 minutes ago, abenjami said:

Look at Mostert.  Dude was a 7th round draft pick and he's playing on his 7th team. 

RB's grow on trees, you don't need to pay them.

They also have probably the shortest shelf life of any position.  

Just now, BudAdams said:

Agree but they have none on the roster good enough beyond Henry.   Robinson is somewhat boxed in.

Dude the Titans can just draft a guy in the 7th and he'll be good. Hell, why even draft a guy? Anyone will work. It's fine

Did Vrabel makes some mistakes yesterday?  Yes.  Did he make some mistakes in Baltimore?  Yes.  Did he make some mistakes in New England?  Yes.

The difference is yesterday, we got beat.  If the Titans had gotten a 1st down, then it would have probably happened later.  The team was worn out.  That played a team that leaves every defense drained with their tongues hanging out.  If they had called a pass and it got pick six'd, then today it would be "why the hell didn't they just try to run out the clock?  We got Henry breaking records and they try to get cute."

However you look at it, their conservative asses got the team to the AFC Championship Game.  They lost.  It was nowhere near the embarrassing ass lost we put on the Ravens.  

3 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Did Vrabel makes some mistakes yesterday?  Yes.  Did he make some mistakes in Baltimore?  Yes.  Did he make some mistakes in New England?  Yes.

The difference is yesterday, we got beat.  If the Titans had gotten a 1st down, then it would have probably happened later.  The team was worn out.  That played a team that leaves every defense drained with their tongues hanging out.  If they had called a pass and it got pick six'd, then today it would be "why the hell didn't they just try to run out the clock?  We got Henry breaking records and they try to get cute."

However you look at it, their conservative asses got the team to the AFC Championship Game.  They lost.  It was nowhere near the embarrassing ass lost we put on the Ravens.  

Give it up. 

1 hour ago, BudAdams said:

It shows what I posted.  SF was middle of the pack in R/P ratio and the Titans were much more run heavy,  You just cannot help yourself from lying.  Sad.

I went back through all of the gamelogs and tallied the number of firsts and runs through the 2 minutes warning of the first half.  Back when I posted about this, I did it for the first 8 games and at that time SF ran the ball 59.8% of the time while we ran the ball 59% of the time.  But, strangely after switching to the better throwing QB, the Titans ran the ball on 68.2% on firsts while SF ran it 53% on firsts in games 9-16.  There were a couple of games like the second against JAX where we ran it 90% of the time on first or the first Houston game where we ran it 83% of the time.  They threw the ball a lot more on first with Mariota oddly.  Maybe it coincides on Henry deciding to turn it on later in the year.  The other thing that jumped out was that if we got a first down on a drive, almost 100% of the time we were running the ball after that first first down.

So, while I wasn't lying I was relying on the percentage to have stayed similar in the second half of the season.