Marcus Mariota - week 3

nine

1 hour ago, Stan said:

We could have Randy Moss, Deandre Hopkins on the team and it wouldn’t matter if s guy can’t get them the ball when their open, let alone covered. 

We have a player who catches passes with one hand.  If I was HC, OC I would demand he be targeted 10+ times per game.

5 hours ago, Stan said:

Look st the first video that second pass to Humphries, he basically throws a idgaf jump ball to a guy whose like 5’9. Throws off balance, feet aren’t set. Amateur. I don’t get what national media, local media if there is any fans left supporting this type of play, please tell us what do you see differently than 95 percent of Titan fans see. 

The only people still defending him are either not looking hard enough or have no idea what they're looking at.

6 hours ago, headhunter said:

Ok after watching that the game is just too fast for him, theres no pre-read of the defense, theres no going through his progressions, his arm is not that good, accuracy is terrible. I dunno what else to say, hes just not good

Basically what I said bout him coming out of oregon

3 minutes ago, OzTitan said:

He's just aimlessly running in to defenders now. He's not looking to make a play and absorb the contact, because at some point a QB doing that will, you know, make a play. He's just absorbing the contact. Rattled from snap 1.

That plus when he runs he's hesitant. There's no decisiveness to his play.  It's like he's sleepwalking.

No offensive line is going to hold their block forever. The ball needs to be out quick, once a guy has even a few inches of separation, good QBs will hit them. Mariota can’t do that. He doesn’t trust himself and that is why he’s taking these sacks. Once a receiver makes a break, that ball should be there. He doesn’t have that mentality and is afraid of making a mistake. Interceptions are down, why? Because he’s not taking risk, not because he’s somehow that good. He’s waiting for guys to basically be open by a mile wide for him to even attempt to throw the ball. 

Edited by Stan