Mariota is terrible and should be replaced

OILERMAN

7 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Again, doesn't answer anything about what I said about him retiring because he's not an NFL caliber player... For some reason you are so proud of the fact that all these other guys couldn't do anything but what's your view of Mariota gonna be when he doesn't land on a roster after this season?

No, of course you'll just try to blame it on the Titans and everyone has been out to get him.... even all the players who are the same level of talent as mariota that can't make a roster.

See, there you go again.

Maybe he'll "land on a roster" and maybe he won't.

Argue hypotheticals all you want.  I find that to be a worthless endeavor.

Have a nice day

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

248 and 3TDs.   Mariota just rammed his fist up Omans ass and turned him into a hand puppet.  

After re-watching the first half and rewinding plays several times....I feel a lot better about Mariota's performance.   I'm not saying it was a Mahomes-esque showing or anything....but compared to pr

mariota left about 4 plays on the field today and came away with 3 TDs and no TOs and no even close to INTs mayfield threw a TD to the other team, took a safety, fumbled on a sack, threw 3 picks,

Posted Images

Just now, TitanDuckFan said:

See, there you go again.

Maybe he'll "land on a roster" and maybe he won't.

Argue hypotheticals all you want.  I find that to be a worthless endeavor.

Have a nice day

I'm just asking what's your opinion gonna be of his talent if he retires?

Edited by wiscotitansfan

You guys want an example of how issues at QB shape EVERYTHING your team does? Look at none-other than the Bears with Trubisky.

And @StephenIsLegend see the comment from one of the "fans."

This is 100% the defend your marginal QB pattern. We all do it.

There's a pattern where marginal QBs seem to be clutch. Because they're shitty enough to keep games close and they're good enough to win those games. 

In the future, we have to stay away from these BS logic traps. Yards, TDs, INTs over a season. Ultimately that's what matters above all else. Once the QB is at or exceeding expectations in those areas THEN you can start breaking down clutch ability and PFF stats.

And I guarantee fans are going to blame the coaching staff for play calling. 

Edited by big2033

3 minutes ago, big2033 said:

You guys want an example of how issues at QB shape EVERYTHING your team does? Look at none-other than the Bears with Trubisky.

And @StephenIsLegend see the comment from one of the "fans."

This is 100% the defend your marginal QB pattern. We all do it.

There's a pattern where marginal QBs seem to be clutch. Because they're shitty enough to keep games close and they're good enough to win those games. 

And I guarantee fans are going to blame the coaching staff for play calling. 

That has almost nothing to do with what I am talking about, but thanks for playing.

9 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Who here is completely diminishing what he did in the past? Oman, abc, Bud... guys who even minutes after the game ended said that it wasn't some heroic effort? If you're going to bitch and moan and paint some picture at least use the general consensus

people saying "Mariota is not clutch" literally has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with anything prior or trying to rewrite history.... Just as I said, people saying Vinitieri is a shit kicker who should be cut has absolutely nothing to do with trying to make him seem like he's been a practice squad bust his whole career.

Honestly, who here was saying that Mariota has "NEVER" been clutch that is getting you so whiney?

Yeah, the usual suspects who have so much disdain for a player it seems as if they are diminishing what he has accomplished.  It's all good, though.  It was mostly just a passing thought of frustration.  I get annoyed by seeing the same, regurgitated bullshit plastered on the forums all off-season.

Don't mind me, I'm just annoyed with seeing some of the posts and am venting that frustration.  Carry on.   

7 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

That has almost nothing to do with what I am talking about, but thanks for playing.

It has plenty. Mariota was good. But what you tout him for wasn't that great. QBs who can't put up points may have a lot of close games they need to win. 

All the stuff he was doing only felt special because of what it could mean for the future. THAT is what was exciting.

At no point in any of those past games did it mean Mariota had arrived. It meant he could. But he never did, so those performances are marginal in hindsight.

"Clutch factor" has proven to be bullshit unless your QB does the other stuff well. 

Edited by big2033

2 hours ago, abc2330 said:

He's sucked for the majority of his career now.  He's officially in bust territory.

Yeah. He'll go down as a bust. Still though, the 1st 2 years were promising even though as of now they're pretty irrelevant to where we now find ourselves. 

1 minute ago, big2033 said:

It has plenty. Mariota was good. But what you tout him for wasn't that great. QBs who can't put up points may have a lot of close games they need to win. 

All the stuff he was doing only felt special because of what it could mean for the future. But it was fools gold.

Uhhh..  I wasn't exactly touting him for being clutch.  LOL.  I was defending a single aspect that was getting sold as fiction.  Same with when people say he never had the arm strength, which he did - even if it was at one time.

3 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Uhhh..  I wasn't exactly touting him for being clutch.  LOL.  I was defending a single aspect that was getting sold as fiction.  Same with when people say he never had the arm strength, which he did - even if it was at one time.

He came out scouted as lacking arm strength. It was touted as good enough. But average at best. So no, that isn't revisionist. It may be worse now but it was never great.

Mariota won us some close games and showed flashes. But overall, over a season, he had one good year for us. That's it.

The fact is a QB that wins you games doesn't mean he wasn't playing like shit overall. That's like Bucs fans touting Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Mariota had good moments but wasn't good enough overall.

Edited by big2033

12 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

That's my issue.  If things continue down this path we all know what the narrative will be.  He was terrible, a bust, blah blah blah.  But he had some real nice moments for this franchise.  Did he live up to expectations?  No, not even close.  But he had positive moments.  That's what I think is going to be lost on a lot of people.

6 minutes ago, scine09 said:

No he didn’t.

Yes he did, just not as many with his arm... Focusing on the extremes is dumb anyway when the norm is still pretty bad

Mariota's Norm was a helluva lot better than VY but it still was never anything to be a perennial contender, which is the only purpose of a franchise QB

VYs ROY year and then like 3 years later he had a couple game stretch around the Arizona game got people hyped because there were enough moments to forget the shit play that actually stained his career

Edited by wiscotitansfan