QB Controversy

Denali

5 minutes ago, 8MM said:

Absolute haterade.  At least @Mythos27 is fair in his assessments.

When Marcus has a bad pass there is a 1000 posts from you, OMan, and others shitting on him but when there is a good pass, all you guys don't even bring it up and when some else does, you guys say it's no big deal.

So you just hate the negativity, but you don't have much to defend. So you don't want to elaborate ... gotcha.

And I haven't talked a lot about a Mariota bad pass. I talk about wanting to see great plays ... because there aren't many.

Edited by big2033

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, I know.  Some of you think this isn't even a controversy at this point, but I'll ask anyway.   Who wins the training camp battle for backup QB? Woodside or Mariota?  

Joel’s pulled his cock out of Gabbert’s ass and went straight to Tannehill!

Dolphins fan here. I wanted to check in to see what Titans fans thought of RT so far. I liked him in Miami, and felt like he had more in him than the coaches ever got out of him. I'm rooting for him t

3 minutes ago, japan said:

Most of us are tired of seeing the same arguments rehashed over and over again in every thread on here...

Well then maybe stay out of a "QB controversy" thread if you hate the negative energy.

QB is important, it's why some keep hoping for a missing stat that shows Mariota is going to turn it around.

You guys are as glued to this as we are. Unfortunately the problem is you don't have as much ammo as we do so you get annoyed.

Blame Mariota not us.

1 minute ago, JoelinBellevue said:

For $20m I expect a lot of good passes. When might that start happening?

To you and Oman, probably never.  Why, b/c what you believe is what you guys see.

Edited by 8MM

1 minute ago, 8MM said:

Absolute haterade.  At least @Mythos27 is fair in his assessments.

When Marcus has a bad pass there is a 1000 posts from you, OMan, and others shitting on him but when there is a good pass, all you guys don't even bring it up and when some else does, you guys say it's no big deal.

The counter to this will be "the good plays are expected so it's stupid/desperate to celebrate them" but personally I think ignoring all the positive plays is unnecessary and is less indicative of the actual performance.

1 minute ago, Mythos27 said:

The counter to this will be "the good plays are expected so it's stupid/desperate to celebrate them" but personally I think ignoring all the positive plays is unnecessary and is less indicative of the actual performance.

Cool, I can live with this.

1 minute ago, Mythos27 said:

If we want the Dolphins situation with Ryan Tannehill ... eat up these average pass plays ... 

Do we want that? If not call them for what they are.

Edited by big2033

2 minutes ago, 8MM said:

To you and Oman, probably never.  Why, b/c what you believe is what you guys see.

Would you say over the last few years more people have came over to my side concerning MM or the other side? 

Just now, big2033 said:

If you want the Dolphins situation with Ryan Tannehill ... eat up these average pass plays ... 

We already have that situation currently. The reason the Titans are not serious contenders is because of the QB position. 

All that matters is who gives them a better chance to win out of these two, it's RT imo 

And if one of them was to somehow outperform and break out it would be RT

3 minutes ago, big2033 said:

If we want the Dolphins situation with Ryan Tannehill ... eat up these average pass plays ... 

I don't mind calling the bad plays for what they are but I also don't omit any mention of the good plays. We can give credit  where it's due and still demand better play. 

9 minutes ago, big2033 said:

Well then maybe stay out of a "QB controversy" thread if you hate the negative energy.

QB is important, it's why some keep hoping for a missing stat that shows Mariota is going to turn it around.

You guys are as glued to this as we are. Unfortunately the problem is you don't have as much ammo as we do so you get annoyed.

Blame Mariota not us.

Lol. Go find almost any thread in here and most likely you’ve tried to hijack it with the same Mariota arguments you’ve been using for the past year. At least Oilerman brings new tweets and angles from guys like Ben Violin or Nate Fondue. 

53 minutes ago, 8MM said:

I don't know what a prefer...

A) Mariota getting extended long term and watch OMan and his band of haterbrigade get a meltdown or

B) Get Marcus out of here ASAP and watch the Titans go back to bottom of the barrel again.

How about MM gets benched early, RT comes in and pulls a Nick Foles and wins the SB?

How funny would that be?

1 minute ago, OILERMAN said:

How about MM gets benched early, RT comes in and pulls a Nick Foles and wins the SB?

How funny would that be?

That wouldn't be funny, it would be awesome.  But no more awesome than any QB getting a title for the Titans.

Edited by Oilertattoo