14 minutes ago, Denali said:

OK, I know.  Some of you think this isn't even a controversy at this point, but I'll ask anyway.

Who wins the training camp battle for backup QB? Woodside or Mariota?

Lol

Barring injury, MM will start game 1.  However, RT passes the eye test as a real NFL QB.

This is to say if Marcus doesn’t play well, I don’t think there will be much hesitation to allow RT to attempt to save the season if we’re also not winning. 

Rogue   

Tannehill's got a downside.  I don't know what it is and he didn't show it last night.  

There's a better than average chance he has to fill in for Marcus at some point, so we'll see him in real games with real pressure.  

1 minute ago, Starkiller said:

I think the biggest question will be the circumstances of Tannehill's ascension to the starting job. Will MM get pulled or injured first?

My prediction is Mariota gets pulled for poor performance but later down the road Tannehill gets injured so Mariota becomes the starter again. Obviously we end the season week 17 with Woodside starting, as is tradition (Mariota hasn't finished the season 3/4 times!).

ap24786   

I don't think Mariota is going to get benched for play. And if he does, it's going to be interesting what happens. Because if Tannehill ends up stinking it up too, it would be very awkward for the coaches to go back to Marcus. It'll also be a bad look for the team.

5 minutes ago, ap24786 said:

I don't think Mariota is going to get benched for play. And if he does, it's going to be interesting what happens. Because if Tannehill ends up stinking it up too, it would be very awkward for the coaches to go back to Marcus. It'll also be a bad look for the team.

It won’t matter at that point. He will be done after this season if they pull him.

BudAdams   
5 minutes ago, ap24786 said:

That's pro football.  It's a production business.

Back in the day, the Oilers benched Moon after a horrid 1-4 start where he was throwing picks right and left.  Carlson came in and was playing well before tearing his hamstring on a TD run.  Moon came back in, played better, and the team won 11 in a row. 

The backup always is a snap away from getting in there.