Nice season for Vrabel and first year staff

code

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm gonna get this in before the Colts game.   Nine wins isn't an improvement. Nor was it a step backwards.   Team has clear problems in the middle of the offensive line.   

This is spot on. All the crying about mariota geting hurt is way over blown. He has been dealing with nerve problems in his right arm/neck all year. He gets tossed on the ground by a 300pound roided o

That motherfucker would have had us in contention with the Raiders for the 1st overall pick.

On 12/22/2018 at 7:30 PM, code said:

I'm gonna get this in before the Colts game.

Nine wins isn't an improvement. Nor was it a step backwards.

Team has clear problems in the middle of the offensive line. 

We are still short at WR.

Injuries have had a big impact.

But I feel like we have the right guy coaching and we are moving in the right direction.

Of course, in the NFL, as Jags prove, its all about the QB position.

IMHO,  the elbow injury has impacted Marcus all season long. Ridiculous that anyone calls him soft. But the questions of his status on the team will headline the offseason. 

On the plus side, Evans, Landry, Brown and Finch give us a solid young nucleus at LB. Butler has been better of late. The secondary was much improved despite the loss of our SS before the season. Hope Titans sign Vacarro to a mid-term deal. And the Dline certainly seems competitive.  In total, I really like where we are heading with this defense (once Casey and Ryan return next season).

Nothing is impossible. If we can get to Luck early and remove him from the game we have a punchers chance. That said, I would expect Manning Envy will be dancing on many of our graves next weekend. But, that's why they play the game. Titan Up!

This team would have regressed to 5 wins under Mularkey this year. 

Vrabel has been good. 

Pees has been great 

ST needs some improvement. 

Lafleur is almost impossible to judge this season because 98% of the offensive problems this season can be attributed to lack of heathy players.  Add that the QB injury GREATLY changed the offensive plan for around half the games this season.. and if you look early, lafleur was wanting to pass much more than now. 

Sure there were a few plays we’d like to change but I dont really know what what we could expect him to do with all he’s had to deal with. 

I think the high points offensively will be closer to the norm in the future based on other versions of this offense when run effectively. We just need time in the system and healthy players... and the right players on the offensive line. 

I was going to start a thread but I'll just put this here. 

If the Titans somehow manage to beat the Colts, make the playoffs and finish 10-6 I think Vrabel should be the Coach of the year. Considering how the season has unfolded, overcoming injuries, figuring out Henry and upgrading the defense so much and finishing the season with the longest winning streak he should get it. 

On 12/24/2018 at 8:15 AM, SleepingTitan said:

The more I see of Vrabel, the more I love the guy. Love how he goes down swinging no matter what. He plays to win on every play. He knows his shit when it comes to his competition. I see a mix of Cowher and BB in him. Love seeing him teaching technique on the practice field. Love the snark in press conf's. 

I mean, what more do you want from a head coach? This team is showing a helluva lot of comraderie, and I credit Jrob for bringing in that culture. 

MLF, I'm not so sure. Still think MLF is in over his head. Pees is a HoF DC. 

Who will probably retire....

On 12/24/2018 at 9:03 AM, earlers said:

If the Titans get manhandled like the last Colts game or like the Ravens game...Vrabel didn’t accomplish much at all. 

Well, he accomplished what Mularkey accomplished record-wise with way more injuries and a tougher schedule. 

47 minutes ago, big2033 said:

The staff definitely has more upside than Mularkey. 

That said, we've become what we were last year. Exotic. Smashmouth.

If Mularkey had used some of the same passing concepts he would still be here.

Edited by Huston

On 12/24/2018 at 1:51 PM, titanruss said:

Vrabel has been good. 

Pees has been great 

ST needs some improvement. 

Lafleur is almost impossible to judge this season because 98% of the offensive problems this season can be attributed to lack of heathy players.  Add that the QB injury GREATLY changed the offensive plan for around half the games this season.. and if you look early, lafleur was wanting to pass much more than now. 

Sure there were a few plays we’d like to change but I dont really know what what we could expect him to do with all he’s had to deal with. 

I think the high points offensively will be closer to the norm in the future based on other versions of this offense when run effectively. We just need time in the system and healthy players... and the right players on the offensive line. 

Agree that Lafluer can't be truly judged this season but he has actually impressed me most when his back was against the wall and he actually had to work for those first downs.

The games that we won didn't really impress me offensively besides finally doing the no brainer thing of opening it up against the Eagles when we NEEDED it

Edited by wiscotitansfan

10 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

So you were impressed because he did something when he was left no other choice? Lmao. More retarded shit. 

2 different things.  First paragraph was referencing Lafluer impressing me when his back was against the wall and being able to scrape by

The 2nd paragraph was about how the offense in general looked and that was one of the few games that impressed me offensively (Henrys 2 games were phenomenal too).... And then I referenced the play calling aspect wasn't really on Lafluer anyway.

May not have been articulated well but you just grasping at shit like this just shows how triggered you really are