J-Rob's Free Agency Will Keep Us Guessing for the Draft

Jonboy

Just now, Jonboy said:

You think Houston lets Bouye get away? I haven't read much about their cap situation and who else they have...but you'd have to think they'll try and re-sign him.

I'd love to have him, but haven't really considered him much because I'm assuming they'll re-sign him.

They may try to re-sign him, but it is in his best interest to test the open market. I doubt that they will give him the franchise tag. That is a really steep tag.

1 minute ago, tgo said:

They may not let him get away but he may want to test the market. I don't think they're tight against the cap or anything but he wasn't a clear cut starter there all year either right?

No, he was their 4th CB to begin the season. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Like many of you, I've been thinking a lot about the draft and FA. We always anticipate FA helping shape the draft; however, as we saw last year with J-Rob, he doesn't utilize just one method to bolst

lol @Jonboy seems you need some actual news and not speculation as much as I do, I just did a post about how JRob can alter the top of the draft through a simple declaration pick 5 is up for sale.

7 hours ago, thor said:

LOL!!! You think...Open mouth---insert foot...

I guess you may be dumb enough to think that they didn't need to sign backups as well as starters, but that's why people here have been making fun of you for the last year...

You go on and on and on about JRob "dumpster diving" but they needed to add veteran backups. They replaced a ton of roster spots and they weren't all going to be rookies. So they signed some veteran backups. And they got their money's worth out of them.

They got plenty of good starters, and veteran backups, without overpaying. And it's not like free agency was loaded with tons of great players who were going to make the Titans a championship contender overnight. Your complaints are laughable...

4 hours ago, Jonboy said:

Harmon seems to be a free safety who's really good in coverage. Given that seems to be how the staff envisions Byard, I'm not sure I think this is as likely as I thought previously.

I'm not sure how they plan on playing Byard moving forward but he def played more of a SS role this season. He was so good at it I'd guess he stays at SS

11 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I'm not sure how they plan on playing Byard moving forward but he def played more of a SS role this season. He was so good at it I'd guess he stays at SS

That's what I was thinking too. When I looked him up though, they still had him listed as a FS and backup to Johnson so I thought maybe I just remembered wrong. 

I do remember him being a pretty active blitzer.

8 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

That's what I was thinking too. When I looked him up though, they still had him listed as a FS and backup to Johnson so I thought maybe I just remembered wrong. 

I do remember him being a pretty active blitzer.

Later in the year Cossel went on and on about how well he was playing the run from the SS spot, said he was already one of the best safeties against the run. He was also a very effective blitzer.

I would be surprised if they uprade safety and ILB to see more defenses with both safeties deep more often

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

Later in the year Cossel went on and on about how well he was playing the run from the SS spot, said he was already one of the best safeties against the run. He was also a very effective blitzer.

I would be surprised if they uprade safety and ILB to see more defenses with both safeties deep more often

In that case...Harmon is back on my list of likely targets!

3 hours ago, Starkiller said:

I guess you may be dumb enough to think that they didn't need to sign backups as well as starters, but that's why people here have been making fun of you for the last year...

You go on and on and on about JRob "dumpster diving" but they needed to add veteran backups. They replaced a ton of roster spots and they weren't all going to be rookies. So they signed some veteran backups. And they got their money's worth out of them.

They got plenty of good starters, and veteran backups, without overpaying. And it's not like free agency was loaded with tons of great players who were going to make the Titans a championship contender overnight. Your complaints are laughable...

Continue yapping---dude dropped the ball when it came to FA... He's a Guru when it comes to drafting and trading...But, when it comes to FA---either he played it too cheap, held himself back because he didn't know the players well enough (doubtful), or their were outside ties binding his options...

Just think "1" cornerback may have put us over the hump...That's it...If anyone on here didn't know we needed a corner raise their hands...If any one didn't know we needed a veteran center raise their hand, if any one didn't know we needed a RB and a WR raise your hand...Damn this stuffs rocket science---Maybe we should draft Josh Dobbs to help him out...

Now the "dingleberry" crew can continue with your sausage holding exercises...:216_pig::216_pig::216_pig:

25 minutes ago, thor said:

Continue yapping---dude dropped the ball when it came to FA... He's a Guru when it comes to drafting and trading...But, when it comes to FA---either he played it too cheap, held himself back because he didn't know the players well enough (doubtful), or their were outside ties binding his options...

Just think "1" cornerback may have put us over the hump...That's it...If anyone on here didn't know we needed a corner raise their hands...If any one didn't know we needed a veteran center raise their hand, if any one didn't know we needed a RB and a WR raise your hand...Damn this stuffs rocket science---Maybe we should draft Josh Dobbs to help him out...

Now the "dingleberry" crew can continue with your sausage holding exercises...:216_pig::216_pig::216_pig:

Was going to make a unworthy Thor joke but didn't think it enough people would get it.

52 minutes ago, thor said:

Well boo hoo, you're upset we didn't hire a GM dumb enough to overpay a bunch of free agents so we can win the offseason...

I'd much rather have a GM who drafts well than one who is a big spender in free agency. Only an idiot would want their non-competitive team to blow tens of millions on a quick fix when they can only add older vets and overpriced 2nd tier guys.

1 minute ago, Starkiller said:

Well boo hoo, you're upset we didn't hire a GM dumb enough to overpay a bunch of free agents so we can win the offseason...

I'd much rather have a GM who drafts well than one who is a big spender in free agency. Only an idiot would want their non-competitive team to blow tens of millions on a quick fix when they can only add older vets and overpriced 2nd tier guys.

Cox was the only free agent mistake I can see.

Just now, Huston said:

Cox was the only free agent mistake I can see.

Cox was a Webster signing though.

And some people thought he would be pretty good based on his first few games the year before, and he did make some big plays, but he constantly gave them up, too. 

26 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Cox was a Webster signing though.

And some people thought he would be pretty good based on his first few games the year before, and he did make some big plays, but he constantly gave them up, too. 

Right my bad meant Blake, hung out with Cox at my ex's house in Denver maybe his second year here, was kind of a douche and small to me lol.

Edited by Huston

Blake was a backup so I'm not overly critical of signing him. He looked like a disaster in the preseason, but when he was in at CB he wasn't awful. He basically was worth what we paid. I'd have liked to have signed a better CB to start, but they expected McCourty and Cox to start and the CB market last year was tough.

This year I expect them to spend big and sign a starter. If not 2.

43 minutes ago, Huston said:

Right my bad meant Blake, hung out Cox at my ex's house in Denver maybe his second year here, was kind of a douche and small to me lol.

I'd say a lot of professional athletes are like this.