Chance Warmack is a bust(it's official)

OILERMAN

He's slow footed and uncoordinated.

This was so obvious watching him in college, and you really had to wonder how limiting that was. I didn't watch him closely today, but fwiw I think he's improved a bit over last year. Problem is that doesn't say much.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My source works with him directly, on non-football matters.. Warmack had very little technique work at Alabama b/c he was so wide and big.. he had very little last year from Matthews.. he's getting th

You generally give a rookie the benefit of the doubt his rookie season almost no matter how bad he is. Last year he clearly wasn't the can't miss prospect he was labeled but there was still hope he co

Hilarious/sad that we have no money tied up in QB, which usually wrecks your cap, and we are arguably the worst team in the league. Mainly because we have the most investment in the OL and they are arguably the worst unit on the roster.

Pretty sure when Whiz said the roster maybe wasn't what he thought it was after the Bengals disaster, he was looking squarely at the OL. Ruston sold him a bill of goods...

Warmack a total bust...I don't buy that...He didn't play that well today but, he was blocking Sen'derrick Marks most of the day...

Hard to move that dude anymore...Marks has improved significantly since his days with the Titans...Will be intriguing to see how we do against the Texans in 2 weeks---Watt and Clowney...After that Oman can start his "I told you so" chant...Still, even with Warmack not playing well he might be our best O-lineman.....lol.....

Posluzny also only had 4 tackles today...He's been averaging around 10 a game...Something must have gone better....

The Titans can't keep their LB's clean for squat...Williamson was getting hammered all day...It's been Woodyard that's been getting

washed---today it was Williamson....

Watt already served his ass last season. He'll do it again this year.

I actually think he's probably not very good but gets overshadowed by the two guards. He seems to make his share of bad plays. Maybe with better surrounding guards he'd be more serviceable

when your not sure on an offensive lineman that usually means they are quietly doing there job. Only thing that ever really sticks out in offensive lineman play is if they are being abused and I never see him being abused in games. I think he is solid def showing more then the guards. I still have hope for CHance I think he will be alright. Andy is the only one to me that has to go. He should be benched immediately!

I'm repeating myself, but you need to watch Dallas' Zach Martin to see a dominant rookie guard play the game. Every time I see the Cowboys he has 4-5 blocks where he absolutely destroys his guy on either the first or second level. You can't watch Dallas without focusing on their rebuilt line. Lucky or not, Jerrys plan B draft guys over the last 2 years have saved his team so far.

I'm repeating myself, but you need to watch Dallas' Zach Martin to see a dominant rookie guard play the game. Every time I see the Cowboys he has 4-5 blocks where he absolutely destroys his guy on either the first or second level. You can't watch Dallas without focusing on their rebuilt line. Lucky or not, Jerrys plan B draft guys over the last 2 years have saved his team so far.

Good thing it worked out for him since he took Frederrick at 17. 

I'll take the contrarian side.. He has certainly trimmed down and has much more stamina..he got very little in the way of technique coaching last year but is certainly getting it now.. we'll see but IMO it's too soon to tell as I consider this his rookie year with solid coaching..  

In general, Warmack and the rest of the Alabama bums should be a cautionary lesson for NFL teams.   You'd think after watching all the USC guys during the mid-2000's and all the Texas guys prior to that, that NFL teams would learn how to draft.  These teams all have several things in common.  Lots of talent at all positions, so all of them look a lot better individually than they should because of the collective strength of the entire team.  Other college teams can not exploit match up's or expose a lot of these guys bc they are not good enough or talented enough, nor can they compete consistently when they are outclassed at almost all positions.   This helps mask issues and deficiencies in their games.   

Further anyone that watches SEC football that isn't a "Bama" blind homer fan will tell you Bama gets away with more non-calls and favoritism from the SEC refs than any team i've seen in modern college football history.  It is truly ridiculous what the SEC refs let Bama get away with.  Bama's OL holds a ton and they are allowed to get away with it consistently.  Just put on the film and watch.

I hope in the future we stay away from a lot of the players that come from overrated-all star teams that get away with a lot of penalties and bad techniques they develop in college.