Cian Fahey reviews all 11 sacks. Who is at fault?

Pray_iv_m3rcy

6 minutes ago, newschool said:

Could it be this franchise is terrible at scouting and picking WRs and has been as along as anyone can remember? That in our division alone I'd take Chester Rogers, Ryan Grant, Dede Westbrook, Keke Coutee all 2nd and 3rd WR over ours; that Mike Williams is the 3rd WR and John Ross is 4th on their respective teams bc they are stacked at WR while Corey Davis is our only one that can maybe win a matchup 1vs1 let alone beat double coverage? So many teams where the 3rd WR is much better than our 2? You see packers last night, I'd take valdes scantling over our guys and he's only out there because Geronimo Allison was hurt this week. Julian Edelman and Josh Gordon are fighting for the 2nd and 3rd WR spot in NE and we have tajae sharpe and TT. Sanu? Ridley? The list goes on and on. Our WRs suck dude.

Yet all of these Houston WRs looked like ass with Tom Savage and Brock.  And all of the GB receivers looked like ass with Hundley.  See the correlation?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Delanie caught a pass in triple coverage last year that many pundits said was the most precise throw they saw all season. Andre Johnson caught the winning TD pass in Detroit that had zero room fo

https://www.patreon.com/Cianaf/posts Sack 1 The Titans come out with one receiver outside the numbers to the wide side of the field. They have one tight end in line to that side with two tig

I do think there is something to the idea that the WR's aren't good enough to get open and Mariota has nowhere to go with the ball.  That doesn't explain everything though.  Too many good QBs making s

14 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

Yet all of these Houston WRs looked like ass with Tom Savage and Brock.  And all of the GB receivers looked like ass with Hundley.  See the correlation?

Coutee, Valdes, and Allison weren't with Hou or GB last season.

Edit: correction, Valdes and Coutee weren't, Allison was there but buried behind Davante Adams, Randall Cobb, and Jordy Nelson last year.

Edited by newschool

37 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Since Marcus has been in the league he's had two receivers that could/did win position battles and the contested catch.

Delanie and Rishard, and for a handful of games Andre Johnson.

Where are those guys at the moment?

Should he have faith in Corey?  Probably.  Whether it continues to develop or not remains to be seen.

Sharpe?  Good routes but we know he gets bumped off them by a stiff breeze.

Taywan? Decent routes, and if he can use his speed he's okay, but he struggles with physical defenders to make the contested catch.

Jonnu?  Inexplicable drops, even some uncontested ones.

Don't even get me started on some of the trash this franchise held up as NFL WRs in the last few years.

Wright? Hunter? DGB?  LOL

Douglas had savvy and was past his prime, but at least he could find a soft spot in a zone defense.

Trust takes time and consistency.

Time Marcus may not have in Nashville.

Bad WR play and lack of work/time to build chemistry undoubtedly play a part. Marcus’ questionable ability to pull the trigger at the right time/place and his uneven accuracy do too. 

12 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

32 minutes ago, newschool said:

Coutee, Valdes, and Allison weren't with Hou or GB last season.

Edit: correction, Valdes and Coutee weren't, Allison was there but buried behind Davante Adams, Randall Cobb, and Jordy Nelson last year.

Valdez is a fast guy barely knows the offense.  You can see Rodgers frustrated with all of these guys because they don't know what they are doing.  But people think they are good because Rodgers can make absolutely any throw, on or off script.  Our QB cannot.  Allison got plenty of PT last year, he just looked like an UDFA with Hundley, which is exactly what he was. 

Rodgers went out there with a leading WR who has never cracked 1,000, 2 late round rookies, and a TE who averaged under 10 YPC and gained 500 yards with another All Pro QB the previous year.  But that is some stud lineup?  Give me a break.

5 minutes ago, PetroleroTitanico said:

Bad WR play and lack of work/time to build chemistry undoubtedly play a part. Marcus’ questionable ability to pull the trigger at the right time/place and his uneven accuracy do too. 

Agreed. 

All QBs throw inaccurate passes.  If they didn't, nobody would bother tracking completion percentage.

Pulling the trigger is a matter of trust.

He has done it in the past, so what changed? 

The scheme, the WR personnel, the #1 TE.

4 hours ago, Justafan said:

I do think there is something to the idea that the WR's aren't good enough to get open and Mariota has nowhere to go with the ball.  That doesn't explain everything though.  Too many good QBs making stuff happen with street FA's to cry that Mariota can't pass for more than 100 yards a game with Corey Davis and friends.

Homers going to homer.  Look at NFL.com's game highlights.  They show a lot of the sacks.  Some of them were completely on the OL.  Particularly early.  Later Marcus bailed from the pocket (albeit a messy one) often and you can see guys were open enough you have to pull the trigger and give them a chance.  

18 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

Valdez is a fast guy barely knows the offense.  You can see Rodgers frustrated with all of these guys because they don't know what they are doing.  But people think they are good because Rodgers can make absolutely any throw, on or off script.  Our QB cannot.  Allison got plenty of PT last year, he just looked like an UDFA with Hundley, which is exactly what he was. 

Rodgers went out there with a leading WR who has never cracked 1,000, 2 late round rookies, and a TE who averaged under 10 YPC and gained 500 yards with another All Pro QB the previous year.  But that is some stud lineup?  Give me a break.

You're taking one point you don't like and trying to make my whole argument out of it.  My point is that teams stack at WR and have better talent there - that's it. You point out GB and ignore all my other examples and try to downplay the teams talent like you can really compare Jonnu Smith to Jimmy Graham. Can you give me a break? My point is I'd take Valdes or Allison over what we have bc they have the talent to beat a 1 on 1 and can catch passes. More talented WRs across the league are buried on depth charts while we start a guy who last year couldn't even line up right. We didn't even try to sign John Brown or Crabtree or Desean Jackson the year before that. My point doesn't take away from your Mariota complaints, chill broskie

Pulling the trigger has been an issue I’ve seen with him for a while. He guns (or sails) it into double or triple coverage and the next throw he hesitates on single coverage or worse, misses the open receiver. Wildly inconsistent in that regard. There might be a problem with his decision-making process.

26 minutes ago, newschool said:

You're taking one point you don't like and trying to make my whole argument out of it.  My point is that teams stack at WR and have better talent there - that's it. You point out GB and ignore all my other examples and try to downplay the teams talent like you can really compare Jonnu Smith to Jimmy Graham. Can you give me a break? My point is I'd take Valdes or Allison over what we have bc they have the talent to beat a 1 on 1 and can catch passes. More talented WRs across the league are buried on depth charts while we start a guy who last year couldn't even line up right. We didn't even try to sign John Brown or Crabtree or Desean Jackson the year before that. My point doesn't take away from your Mariota complaints, chill broskie

Allison , the 4.7 guy, can beat a man 1 on 1, but Taywan Taylor, who had an epic 3 cone drill and elite agility and made our corners look silly in TC, cannot?  Whatever.  Scantling gets most touches on screena and bombs.  Exactly how we use some of our Wars.  They seem better because they have a QB who can throw the Damn ball.

Edited by abc2330

2 hours ago, tgo said:

Interesting breakdown. But his pro-Mariota bias is seen clearly throughout. Have to take in all these breakdowns with a balanced, measured approach. The truth is likely somewhere in the middle of them all. 

He looks like an absolute joke after all his pro Mariota BS

57 minutes ago, newschool said:

Taking a lot of variables out of the equation if you are dumbing it down to their guys can beat man coverage but none of ours can