Meeting was for Russian sourced information on Clinton, Meeting Organizer and Trump Jr tell Senate

9 Nines

As you read this transcript, substitute "drugs" for the words "smoking gun", and "information", when accessing the legality.  What I mean by that:   just as it would be illegal to arrange the acquisition of illegal drugs whether any drugs were actually transferred or not, it would be illegal to arrange the acquisition of something of material value that aided an election from a foreign source. 

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-tower-meeting-transcripts/index.html

Transcript from Meeting Organizer:

Here's the transcript: 

Q. This morning you had testified about the June 9th meeting and your actual participation during the meeting. You said that you were awaiting a smoking gun at the meeting, and you were waiting to see if there were to be any reaction to that? 

A. Yes, the smoking gun. I mean, I just sent somebody an email that says I'm setting up a meeting for someone that is going to bring you damaging information about somebody who was running to become the President of the United States. I thought that was worthy of the words smoking gun, yes. 

Q. So the smoking gun refers to damaging information?

A. Well, yes. I mean, that's the basis on which I requested the meeting. So I thought there might be some -- smoking gun might b e a bit of a ridiculous word to use, but what I was saying was, I expected there to be something that would make people react, and, therefore, there was a reason to have made this request.

Q. So your expectation of going into the meeting was that there would be a smoking gun? 

A. Based on what I had requested, I believed there would be some "damaging information," which is why I had been asked to set up the meeting in the first place 

Q. Throughout the course of the entire meeting, did you ever hear any damaging information?

A. Well, again, I don't know what would be deemed damaging, but I didn't hear anything that I would deem to be damaging. And I didn’t see anybody react in a way that I believed people would react if they heard damaging information.

Transcript from Donald Trump Jr.:

Here's part of the transcripts:

Q. But what is it that specifically you were interested in getting out of that meeting?

A. I was interested in listening to information. 

Q. Information on Hillary Clinton? 

A. Yes. 

Q. Information on Hillary Clinton that came potentially from the Russian government? 

A. Again, I had no way of assessing where it came from, but I was willing to listen.

Edited by 9 Nines

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's funny is Trump already admitted that was just campaign talk and he didn't mean it. Sessions said they couldn't do anything without evidence.    The Republicans are great at this stuff

Bro..he said it almost every day, at every rally. You can't change the narrative now because it does not fit your argument.    If there is "reasonable grounds" to lock her up, I am all for i

Shit, we can’t even get his tax returns. 

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Quick, flip the discussion to flipping the discussion.

That's all they have left --- they've been chasing a crime to blame on Trump for about 8 months now... This is what happens when a group tries to destroy democracy... A bunch of little sore loser brats don't know how to handle losing an election so the narrative goes "show me the man, and I'll find you the crime"... :335_cloud_lightning:

Edited by thor

2 hours ago, thor said:

That's all they have left --- they've been chasing a crime to blame on Trump for about 8 months now... This is what happens when a group tries to destroy democracy... A bunch of little sore loser brats don't know how to handle losing an election so the narrative goes "show me the man, and I'll find you the crime"... :335_cloud_lightning:

It's funny to me because they're dismissing actual collusion, and have been on a 2 year rant now about collusion. And to make matters worse, even if Trump did collude, they did too.

They have a terrible habit of being hypocrites. That's why minorities and the poor are leaving in droves.

Edited by Titansgoodluckcharm

4 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Very common for those who are guilty of something to blame others of being the same and usually they are in a much worse way. 

In fact the whole issue of prejudice and racism is more prevalent in the Democratic party than the Republicans.  Outside of fringe groups Republicans don't seem to be racist at all.  I've certainly met many Democrats that are.  The issue goes back decades and has Democrats have basically held the minorities in bondage with their policies and treatment.  Finally we might be seeing some movement in the right direction. 

I wouldn't go that far. And I've heard some racist things come out of your mouth, as well as some Democrats on here. The Republicans have more racists then the Democrats. But that doesn't mean the Democrats can't be racist too, especially in a covert way.

You have to ask, was it racist to sabotage the largest black movement in decades?

I think so. Or either greed or they're power hungry. But either way, it showed they aren't the "compassionate DNC" that they try to portray.

Republicans a lot of times don't have the life experience to understand minority issues. Democrats might be around more diversity, but at the top, they've exploited a lot of black issues.

I'm not advocating for Dems to leave the party and become Republicans. I'm advocating Dems leave the party to form a truly "liberal" party. I hope Libertarians do the same. Ideally, I'd like rational Americans to form a 3rd party so ideas can merge and we can avoid the corruption that stalemates a lot of issues we could progress on.

Edited by Titansgoodluckcharm

1 hour ago, Soxcat said:

There is where I can't agree.  I'm not racist at all.  I don't judge people by the color of their skin but I do judge them by their fruits.  Their character. 

Thus, if I see a bunch of animals rioting in Ferguson like idiots is see what I see.  I'd say the same thing if they were yellow or white.

If I see gangsters shooting the shit out of each other and destroying their lives the color of their skin is irrelevant.

And actually what you propose is the dumbest thing minorities could do.  Just makes the yoke of bondage to the government even heavier.  You want equality?  Then fight for that.  Not wealth distribution and handouts.

Actually watch this video. Watch it with an open mind. Take away anything having to do with race. This is our country. It’s fucked up. Both sides hate each other at this point, yet they really don’t know what it is they hate. They see the entire system is rigged, even though it still works. Both sides sense this, and both sides want to blame the other. Stop already. You can be a thoughtful person; I’ve seen it before. I don’t think you’re racist or misogynistic, or anything people would like to identify you as simply because you support the president. At the same time the vitriol with which we speak to one another is at a climax. Nobody is right if everyone is wrong. If we were to meet I would shake your hand and buy you a beer. 

26 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Actually watch this video. Watch it with an open mind. Take away anything having to do with race. This is our country. It’s fucked up. Both sides hate each other at this point, yet they really don’t know what it is they hate. They see the entire system is rigged, even though it still works. Both sides sense this, and both sides want to blame the other. Stop already. You can be a thoughtful person; I’ve seen it before. I don’t think you’re racist or misogynistic, or anything people would like to identify you as simply because you support the president. At the same time the vitriol with which we speak to one another is at a climax. Nobody is right if everyone is wrong. If we were to meet I would shake your hand and buy you a beer. 

I don't agree with you on some things, mainly the issues most dear to you (not the issues themselves, but your conclusions surrounding them), but this is a good post.  

There is a rot in the politics of this country that has managed to reach the people in a personal way.  I'm not sure how to fix it.  

Edited by Rogue

1 hour ago, Soxcat said:

There is where I can't agree.  I'm not racist at all.  I don't judge people by the color of their skin but I do judge them by their fruits.  Their character. 

Thus, if I see a bunch of animals rioting in Ferguson like idiots is see what I see.  I'd say the same thing if they were yellow or white.

If I see gangsters shooting the shit out of each other and destroying their lives the color of their skin is irrelevant.

Are you a police corruption victim? Are you a minority? Have you ever had the state harrass you, ruin your life, or falsely imprison you?

Obviously you don't understand the issue at all.

1 hour ago, Soxcat said:

And actually what you propose is the dumbest thing minorities could do.  Just makes the yoke of bondage to the government even heavier.  You want equality?  Then fight for that.  Not wealth distribution and handouts.

Excuse you? How fucking racist. Since I'm black I want handouts? Bitch please. These are the racist comments I'm talking about

15 minutes ago, Rogue said:

I don't agree with you on some things, mainly the issues most dear to you (not the issues themselves, but your conclusions surrounding them), but this is a good post.  

There is a rot in the politics of this country that has managed to reach the people in a personal way.  I'm not sure how to fix it.  

Get money out if politics and stop the Gerrymandering of the districts to the point where a lot of politicians only have to pander to their base. While drastically increasing funding to public education so a larger portion of the voting public can think for themselves and aren't as easily lead around by emotional propaganda.

Will it happen or is it that easy? No and not any time soon.

Mass media and the DNC colluded to influence the election. They did it with Black Lives Matter. They did it with Bernie Sanders. I won't even get into how the whole Hillary thing is collusion and just as bad as the Russian scandal (one foreign, one domestic).

If Democrats were actively trying to fight corruption on their own side, instead of gaslighting and libeling those who bring awareness to it, I'd fully support their push against corruption on all sides. But they're so intent on "winning" that they won't. Which is just as bad as the other side.