Titans Head Coaching Candidates (Confirmed Interviews: Vrabel, Wilks, LaFleur...)

Jonboy

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope we interview DeFillipo. Everything I’ve read or watched on that guy has been incredibly impressive. 

Can I have him? Please, can I? You'll never have to walk him, I swear!      

Since the day he was hired.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

I like George Edwards better than Steve Wilks. That out-scheme comment from Wilks just rubs me the wrong way for some reason.

Not a chance he gets hired.  Game planning week to week is a must for JROB.  He might be a great coach and motivator but down playing scheme and game planning is not what JROB wants to hear.  

keep in in mind this is just my opinion.

Edited by WVTITAN
Word

6 minutes ago, tgo said:

Thought the exact same thing. 

Vrabel will be the hire. Too much points to it. Trevor M. Put out a piece today explaining why he feels it's the perfect fit. Leader of men, Vrabel touting flexibility as key. Vrabel has a shiton of connections and nobody would ever doubt his leadership bc he's a natural. Also, he's a tough SOB w/DLB connection .

8 minutes ago, tgo said:

Thought the exact same thing. 

The comment had more to do with his scheme being good but not overly complicated to learn not a negative at all. Wade Phillips runs a pretty straight forward easy for new players to learn defense.

Just now, Huston said:

The comment had more to do with his scheme being good but not overly complicated to learn not a negative at all. Wade Phillips runs a pretty straight forward easy for new players to learn defense.

Yeah, I’m all about trying to out scheme on both sides of the ball and drafting intelligent players. 

Not a fan of the simple schemes generally. 

Thats just my preference. 

3 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

Vrabel will be the hire. Too much points to it. Trevor M. Put out a piece today explaining why he feels it's the perfect fit. Leader of men, Vrabel touting flexibility as key. Vrabel has a shiton of connections and nobody would ever doubt his leadership bc he's a natural. Also, he's a tough SOB w/DLB connection .

Vrabel fits the Jrob mold it seems I think it just depends on what coordinators he can bring with him.

1 minute ago, tgo said:

Yeah, I’m all about trying to out scheme on both sides of the ball and drafting intelligent players. 

Not a fan of the simple schemes generally. 

Thats just my preference. 

The jags run one of the most vanilla defenses in the league, its all about getting good players to play fast.

1 minute ago, Huston said:

The jags run one of the most vanilla defenses in the league, its all about getting good players to play fast.

Yeah that’s fine when you spend 100 mil a year on defense and have pro bowlers at every spot. 

Patriots out scheme people with smart (albeit less talented) and versatile players.

You can make it work either way as long as the coaching staff and FO are aligned. 

13 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

I think so too, but I imagine there will be more candidates we hear about next week. 

I have mixed feelings about Vrabel, I like that he has a positive history with scouting/recruiting at Ohio St, on the negative side, his 1 season as an NFL coordinator he had the worst scoring defense in the NFL.

yes there were injuries at the Texans that played a part but they were still more talented than some teams in the NFL.

fan reaction should never be used as a franchises guide to any decision, but there is something in the Texans fans happy to see the back of Vrabel while the Panthers fans don't want to lose Wilks.

1 minute ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I have mixed feelings about Vrabel, I like that he has a positive history with scouting/recruiting at Ohio St, on the negative side, his 1 season as an NFL coordinator he had the worst scoring defense in the NFL.

yes there were injuries at the Texans that played a part but they were still more talented than some teams in the NFL.

fan reaction should never be used as a franchises guide to any decision, but there is something in the Texans fans happy to see the back of Vrabel while the Panthers fans don't want to lose Wilks.

Just reading message boards you mean or? 

Interesting take. Could be that Wilks is the better DC while Vrabel is the better HC prospect. I’m not sure, but I prefer both over LaFleur. 

Edited by tgo