I'm predicting a big game from Julio Jones this Sunday.

AJClown

Unfortunately, this will be another one and done season for a star signing like Julio Jones. May have an average season at best (and hate to say any of this) but the reality this year is losing at least eight games taking a step backwards before moving forward again. Should've simply kept the same team together from last year and especially that offensive line. Stupid to let Kelly and Vaccaro go, along with Butler, Smith and Davis. Restructuring contracts to make it all work was done for Julio and the overpaid Bud Dupree, and could've been done the same way for the team we already had. 

I hope I eat a large helping of crow and 100% wrong with stating the above. We'll see. Maybe start with Julio having a huge game this Sunday against Seattle. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Boy that RassKass void filled real quick.

At this point, that might be too much of a compliment for us to bestow upon you.

Your reading comprehension is honestly concerning.

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, TrueLuvYaBlue77 said:

Unfortunately, this will be another one and done season for a star signing like Julio Jones. May have an average season at best (and hate to say any of this) but the reality this year is losing at least eight games taking a step backwards before moving forward again. Should've simply kept the same team together from last year and especially that offensive line. Stupid to let Kelly and Vaccaro go, along with Butler, Smith and Davis. Restructuring contracts to make it all work was done for Julio and the overpaid Bud Dupree, and could've been done the same way for the team we already had. 

I hope I eat a large helping of crow and 100% wrong with stating the above. We'll see. Maybe start with Julio having a huge game this Sunday against Seattle. 

I don’t think Kelly is even starting where he is, neither is Vaccaro.

Butler retired.

Jones will replace Corey’s output.

We shall see with Dupree.

1 hour ago, 2ToneTerror said:

I don’t think Kelly is even starting where he is, neither is Vaccaro.

Butler retired.

Jones will replace Corey’s output.

We shall see with Dupree.

Kelly busted his ass for us and one of the best, hard working/reliable signings we ever had in terms of insurance and back up. Imagine if I said to you this time last year that the offensive line will perform better without Lewan and Conklin from the rotation of Sambrailo, Douglas, Kelly and Quessenberry, posting a two thousand yard rusher and lowest allowed sack total since 2003??? Vaccaro will be a costly mistake in losing. Casey and Butler (who I initially hated giving $10 million plus but earned his worth), like other past players never wanted to leave the franchise and forced into early retirement still have the ability to jump into a uniform this week and play better than what we fielded last Sunday. Continuity my friend, is all I'm saying. And hope that Jones supersedes Corey's output along with all the other pieces we have on the roster this year. We shall see.   

The NFL has dumb completion rules; a more difficult catch (traveling backwards) requires both the toe touch and the heel touch in-bounds to be a completion whereas forward-moving sideline catches are simple toe touches all the time.

Plus, I saw green grass flying when  his heel came down not white grass.

On 9/18/2021 at 11:41 AM, TrueLuvYaBlue77 said:

So happy to be 100% wrong, but still work to do in getting Super Bowl continuity. Great game and great job Titans!

On 9/20/2021 at 12:41 PM, JoelinBellevue said:

So without making a new thread, let's talk about pass catching. I was wrong about Jones. He is a stud for sure. Rogers impressed me by not only catching, but taking some huge hits and hanging on to the ball. Pruitt has already been mentioned. Now for the ugly. AJ Brown has bad hands. I hate to say it but he does. They guy can only catch certain types of throws.  His hands are bricks. Even when he catches there are times he juggles. He needs softer hands. I wonder if our coaches even try to work on this? I have zero faith in this guy catching anything over the top. If it's not a comeback or a slant he just sucks.  So much talent wasted for lack of good hands.  And speaking of Rogers, he looked so great in PS returning punts and kicks, now he is just awful. Maybe he looks at tape and gets better. But again, he took some huge shots and didn't fumble, but certainly cost us a lot of field position. He doesn't need to catch kickoffs at the 1 yard line. 

Dude is legit not playing good football. I know Tanny hasn’t been great but 3/9 targets? Julio schooling this guy left and right Sunday.

On 9/20/2021 at 1:41 PM, JoelinBellevue said:

AJ Brown has bad hands. I hate to say it but he does. They guy can only catch certain types of throws.  His hands are bricks. Even when he catches there are times he juggles. He needs softer hands. I wonder if our coaches even try to work on this? I have zero faith in this guy catching anything over the top. 

you hate to say it, but you’ve harped on it every chance you get. AJs got bad hands, only catches comebacks, etc, etc.  The guy had a bad game 100%. You don’t trust. I get it, and busted on him accordingly. But this ‘he can’t catch with his hands, limited routes’ stuff just isn’t true. At the risk of posting highlights, there’s plenty of variety in AJ’s game, and he’s certainly no body-catching stiff with stone hands 

4 minutes ago, begooode said:

you hate to say it, but you’ve harped on it every chance you get. AJs got bad hands, only catches comebacks, etc, etc.  The guy had a bad game 100%. You don’t trust. I get it, and busted on him accordingly. But this ‘he can’t catch with his hands, limited routes’ stuff just isn’t true. At the risk of posting highlights, there’s plenty of variety in AJ’s game, and he’s certainly no body-catching stiff with stone hands 

I think bad hands is a little dramatic, but he’s not that far off. I would say he’s not a natural at catching passes

55 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

You post a highlight reel. I can post a lowlight reel. He has a problem and is not dependable. Needs to get it corrected.

I posted the highlight vid primarily as you said AJ's only useful in a few routes.  It seems more complicated than that and here's a very good article that makes your point and mine -- AJ has an issue with drops (unreliable) but it appears to be a recent problem and not related his technique/routes.

https://broadwaysportsmedia.com/titans-tape-study-why-is-a-j-brown-dropping-the-ball/

Edited by begooode

AJ drops way too many balls that he should be catching. I wouldn't say anything if it was just difficult ones or contested catches but that's not the case. It has to be a focus issue because he can catch balls with DBs draped all over him but then drops the easy ones. Either way it really hurt us on Sunday. He very easily could've been the goat of that game.