Rick Dennison Fired for Refusing Vaccine; Patriots Fire Assistant Coach As Well

tgo

24 minutes ago, animatormike said:

Hi EinC,

Nothing wrong with being proud of your family or the life you have built for yourself.  Also not sure what that has to do with the discussion, but good for you. 

Likewise I will duck all the strangely inserted issues of the Southern border, abortion, snowflakes, college indoctrination, BLM shop lifting, and not recognizing your country.  I suspect you and I would agree on little, but it has nothing to do with the discussion other than to point out that you can't seem to write a simple message without pulling out the whole right wing propaganda pamphlet while simultaneously telling others they are indoctrinated.

I will give you a hearty "Fuck you", on your kids not being pussies, since the undeniable implication is that ours are. 

I will start with an agreement - Dr. Fauci was far from perfect throughout this process.   I do give him a bit of leeway since a lot of his mistakes were back when the virus had a 14% death rate in Italy, 17% in Spain and was spreading across the US with an over 8% death rate in NYC.  As I have said elsewhere, future studies will dig into that, but it is pretty logical to think that the early treatment protocols were not effective, and we certainly overwhelmed the medical resources.  It truly was throw everything at the wall time, and it is only in hindsight that we can point out the errors.  Likewise I can't imagine what he was up against trying to bring us information while working under President "Let's all Drink Bleach".

Your personal experience with COVID really doesn't matter.  My personal experience is that I lost 3 aunts and uncles to it (all older folks, but one without any major comorbidity), have a cousin a decade younger than you spend over 3 months in the hospital and he will never be the same, and have two in their 30's who have minor but continuing problems post COVID.  And yes my personal experience doesn't really matter either.  I mention it only to say you should be glad you were lucky, rather than parading it around acting like it means anything outside your house.  Our averaged personal experience is still pretty bad.

I've gotten quite a kick out of the folks who keep telling us we are sheep while all pronouncing a 99.8% recovery rate.  Amazing that none of them will answer any question about where they all at once got that number.  Congratulations on not copying it exactly.  The death rate of the virus in the US currently stands at 1.77% not .2% - a factor of 8.5x.  It isn't really hard math, and from an Epidemiology standpoint a nearly 2% death rate is pretty staggering spread this widely.

In many ways this is a whole thread not understanding some simple facts about the vaccine and immunity.  Your comment "could be spread by either the unvaxed or vaxed" extends it.  The vaccine is not a shield.  It does not stop the virus from entering your body, infecting a cell, taking over that cell and turning it into a virus factory, etc.  It does give you antibodies so that you can much more quickly react to it and defeat it.  We are in an unusual place where we have a rapid test with truly questionable results (a whole other topic), and are testing people post vaccine in ways that has never occurred before.  No one can say with certainty right now what a post vaccination positive test means.  We can say with certainty that vaccinated people with a positive test are on the whole displaying dramatically lower virus load and would therefore logically be dramatically less contagious or not contagious at all.  Likewise we can say that people who have received the vaccine who do display symptoms are across the board less ill than unvaccinated people.

And why do we care if you are vaccinated?  Unselfishly I really don't want you to be one of those people who regrets their decision, especially based on made up numbers and personal antidotes.  Those stories are quite numerous and my training and background tells me the odds of that are not low.  Selfishly it looks quite likely that we are going to see another round of high infection rates that are totally unnecessary.  What does that do to the stock market, what does that do to my business, what does that do to my country?  They are going to be taking up hospital beds that others need, using resources that we all pay for, and the longer this lasts, the more people that get it the likelihood of a mutation that gets around the vaccine I took keep rising.  I will agree here with your "Don't recognize my country" statement in one sense - it is a sad fucking time for us all to be in the same life raft together.

So yes, I think you are wrong, I think you are selfish, I think you are arrogant and I think you have stupidly fallen for a lot of propaganda being perpetuated by the right wing to the determent of us all.  I know that your sources will dispute this, but I spent a lot of years studying it and I will tell you as clearly as I can say it:  if we had all upheld our responsibilities to each other and gotten vaccinated this would essentially be over now, and if the numbers the last couple of weeks are any indication it is far from over.

The variants won’t stop even if the US is fully vaccinated. Most of the world isn’t vaccinated and the variants are going to keep coming regardless of what the US does. Even if we were 100% vaccinated the virus is going to keep mutating. We will all be very lucky if science can stay ahead of what’s to come. 

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi EinC,   Nothing wrong with being proud of your family or the life you have built for yourself.  Also not sure what that has to do with the discussion, but good for you.    Likew

WTF are you talking about?   @Bongo59 based on past human history the same shit dumb people brought up to try to argue against medicine when it came to influenza etc. is coming up now. Anti-

Posted Images

1 minute ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

The variants won’t stop even if the US is fully vaccinated. Most of the world isn’t vaccinated and the variants are going to keep coming regardless of what the US does. Even if we were 100% vaccinated the virus is going to keep mutating. We will all be very lucky if science can stay ahead of what’s to come. 

A good point.

7 minutes ago, ManningEnvy said:

Because you’re a retard. 

And you aren’t? I would say that is demonstrably false. You’re intelligent, but you’re a retard nonetheless.

So, what’s your pup’s name? My dog’s name is Cheese. My girl named him before we got together. Great fucking dog. 

DE6AF81C-ABDC-4726-B0E1-3E54BBC954DF.jpeg

21 minutes ago, EinC said:

Animator mike

Well said. You should be a diplomat. But, in Britain they had the majority vaxed and there still having problems,  Please explain. Sorry about the people you’ve lost. My condolences. Thanks for the good dialogue. 

We probably agree on more than you think. Have a nice weekend

For some reason I am getting wildly varying numbers on the percent of the population in Britain that have been vaccinated, and am reluctant to believe one over the other, but they all seem to indicate a large percentage of the population who have had only one shot of a two shot regimen. 

The number of hospitalizations of people with both shots seems to be quite low though.

8 minutes ago, animatormike said:

A good point.

It was more an addendum than anything else. The people refusing a safe vaccine while the virus is mutating are not only crazy but strangely enough are performing Seppuku on the macro scale. Why do people think the Republicans started fully endorsing the vaccine? It wasn’t because of public health, it’s because the data shows 99% of the tens of thousands of people who died since April were unvaccinated. They know. 

42 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

And you aren’t? I would say that is demonstrably false. You’re intelligent, but you’re a retard nonetheless.

So, what’s your pup’s name? My dog’s name is Cheese. My girl named him before we got together. Great fucking dog. 

DE6AF81C-ABDC-4726-B0E1-3E54BBC954DF.jpeg

Poor Touched The Tard, I think his next plan is to try and convince himself that he can somehow fuck with ME”s head with the manure in his noggin. Just finished supper bitch. You’ll be fine until Coffee and KOO KOO.

22 minutes ago, ManningEnvy said:

Poor Touched The Tard, I think his next plan is to try and convince himself that he can somehow fuck with ME”s head with the manure in his noggin. Just finished supper bitch. You’ll be fine until Coffee and KOO KOO.

Of course I was fucking with you. Doesn’t mean I didn’t want to know your dog’s name. Good talk. 

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Trumpers, do not get the vaccine. Uh people who have been vaccinated still get the virus!!!!

I repeat, do not get the vaccine!

BTW, living in TX I know a shit ton of people who openly say they aren't getting the vaccine. I can go right down the line and it's literally all the stupidest people I know. 

Was this an incognito way of telling us Melvin did not get the vaccine?

10 hours ago, Bongo59 said:

Patients have to provide PCR results within 72 hours in some areas.  I have a lot of patients from all over the world so the I have to stay up to date on this. 

So what? 
every country you fly to is requiring tests. I just had to get tested in Greece to fly at all. Instant test.  

5 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

The part I’m starting to understand a bit more is how intelligence can be very limited. I sat at a table with 4 millionaires the other day and every single one of them was unvaccinated. 3 of the 4 were intelligent, well spoken, and educated. 

Just because someone is rich, well-spoken, and educated doesn't mean they're intelligent. They may sound like they are but just because someone has the money to pay for a good education has nothing to do with their intelligence, that's something you're born with. It can't be taught.