Ju Ju Smith Schuster?

code

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Willie Snead is another reasonable option as a #2 WR. He has speed and can block. And compared to the Ravens offense, the Titans must look like the run and shoot to him...

Makes for a more mooted discussion...

But would his overall numbers go up with so many mouths to feed? Isn't that the whole point of a relatively low 1 year deal?

3 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

That’s a good deal for the Steelers, but an odd choice for JuJu. He signed a prove it deal to go back to a team where he got lost in the shuffle. 

I'm just not sure he's that good. And I think teams know. He got offers from the Chiefs and Ravens but I'm not sure that would improve his stats much either.

5 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

That’s a good deal for the Steelers, but an odd choice for JuJu. He signed a prove it deal to go back to a team where he got lost in the shuffle. 

With a noodle arm qb whose arm isn't going to get any better either.

5 minutes ago, big2033 said:

I'm just not sure he's that good. And I think teams know. He got offers from the Chiefs and Ravens but I'm not sure that would improve his stats much either.

I don’t know. Him on the Chiefs would be scary.

7 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

But would his overall numbers go up with so many mouths to feed? Isn't that the whole point of a relatively low 1 year deal?

He'd be 3rd in line behind Kelce and Hill.  He'd basically replace either Watkins or Robinson who got 55 and 62 targets.  In Pit, he got 128 targets.  Easy choice to go back.  BAL doesn't throw the ball enough to even bother with going there.  And he'd be 3rd in line behind Andrews and Hollywood Brown anyway.

38 minutes ago, big2033 said:

Supposedly Philly offered him more money but he chose to stay in Pittsburgh for a one year deal.

36 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

23 minutes ago, rns90 said:

He'd be 3rd in line behind Kelce and Hill.  He'd basically replace either Watkins or Robinson who got 55 and 62 targets.  In Pit, he got 128 targets.  Easy choice to go back.  BAL doesn't throw the ball enough to even bother with going there.  And he'd be 3rd in line behind Andrews and Hollywood Brown anyway.

Or with defenses focused on stopping Hill and Kelce, JuJu would have been open a lot with an elite QB throwing the ball.

But I agree on the loss of targets.

Edited by Starkiller

1 hour ago, Bongo59 said:

Ju Ju has 100 more catches and 1000 yards more than Corey Davis and got paid less from Pitt than Davis in NY.  This shows you just how bad the Davis contract is.  

Be funny af if Mariota signed in NYJ to reunite with Corey and cause a QB controversy of mediocre proportions. 

This take on Davis was spot on:  "Joe Douglas is intent on upgrading the personnel around the quarterback to help the Jets become a more explosive offense in 2021. The addition of Davis is expected to boost the passing game, but the former No. 5 overall pick has never cracked the 1,000-yard mark and has yet to prove himself as a viable WR1. In addition, he faced a lot of one-on-one coverage due to the Titans' run-heavy offense with Derrick Henry in the backfield. Not to mention, he benefited greatly over the last two seasons playing opposite explosive playmaker A.J. Brown. Without those factors impacting the coverage, it is fair to wonder if Davis is ready for prime time as a No.1 receiver in the passing game."  

1 hour ago, Bongo59 said:

This take on Davis was spot on:  "Joe Douglas is intent on upgrading the personnel around the quarterback to help the Jets become a more explosive offense in 2021. The addition of Davis is expected to boost the passing game, but the former No. 5 overall pick has never cracked the 1,000-yard mark and has yet to prove himself as a viable WR1. In addition, he faced a lot of one-on-one coverage due to the Titans' run-heavy offense with Derrick Henry in the backfield. Not to mention, he benefited greatly over the last two seasons playing opposite explosive playmaker A.J. Brown. Without those factors impacting the coverage, it is fair to wonder if Davis is ready for prime time as a No.1 receiver in the passing game."  

While it does remain to be seen how CD does being the no. 1, your dislike for him is still silly and unwarranted. Your already fragile credibility took a hit with your take on CD. 

And I’m being nice. 

On 3/18/2021 at 4:43 PM, Titans279 said:

Can't necessarily count on a rookie WR to be a dependable #2.

JuJu was good as a #2 to AB, why not with AJB?

I definitely don't want this clown on our team,I think he pretty much gave the Steelers bad luck during the playoffs, talking trash about how the browns are just the same old browns and they weren't any good, not to forget he was dancing on the other teams logos during the regular season,smh