Around the NFL - Wild Card Weekend

Jonboy

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In honor of the Browns' return to postseason play...  

Posted Images

New Orleans definitely has a good shot at knocking off Green Bay.  They have become more of a defensive team and can generate a monster pass rush with just 4.  The key to them is will Brees implode like he has the last two playoff runs.  I think New Orleans steamrolls the Bucs again.

21 hours ago, logicals said:

Bills aren’t the Titans.

Titans stomped the Bills this year, right?  After that, the Chiefs stomped them.

What is the Bills' signature win?  The fading Steelers that got blown out by the Browns?  Two west coast teams that flew across the country?  Seahawks already out, Rams out next week.

Bills suck defending the run.  The Titans suck defending the pass.  So, the Bills won't keep it as close as the TItans did.

The Bills beat the 7th seed by 3 points, and the Colts should have won.  The Ravens are better than the Colts.  The Bills are done this week.

Hey, but you won a division for the first time in 25 years and you won a playoff game for the first time in 25 years.  So, it's been a banner year for you guys.

29 minutes ago, logicals said:

Bills had one of the hardest SOS in the league and one of the best (if not THE best) Strength Of Victory of any playoff team. In other words, the Bills played the toughest competition and are still 14-3.

Nope.  Bills are trash.  You will lose.  You will slink off and hide under a rock until next year when you will claim Allen is an MVP candidate.

Take care.

Bills are a great team this year. Beane & McDermott have put together their team very impressively the last few years. I think they’ve done as good a job as anybody bringing in pieces that fit what they do. They have a very flexible & explosive offense with 3 WR’s with very distinct strengths. They completely run their offense thru their QB & put more on his plate then almost anybody, He’s constantly in the gun & they rely on his instincts & give him the freedom to run when he sees fit. And kudos for them picking Allen who almost everybody thought would bust, including me. I thought at best he’d could be a Mularkey type QB.....on a big running team that did a lot of okay action, with limited vertical reads & encouraging him to take off. Instead they challenged him & put more on his plate instead of less & he’s become a star. Their defense was terrific from the get, a good hybrid of Frazier’s cover 2 & McDermott’s D, which is pretty similar....a more conservative version of the old Jim Johnson D, which is a ton of cover 2 man with a lot of LB blitzes. 

I enjoy watching the Bills play & will root for them going forward.

11 hours ago, JoelinBellevue said:

Anyone brave? Chiefs giving 10 to the Browns.

I'm a huge Chiefs fan.  I'm waiting to see what their injury report looks like.  I think the Chiefs win, but not willing to bet on a cover.  I won't be surprised if they do, just not willing to bet it.

If they get way ahead, the Browns will be able to come back.  Chiefs lose their focus when their back isn't against the wall.

12 hours ago, logicals said:

I listed facts. You can’t refute them.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

http://powerrankingsguru.com/nfl/strength-of-schedule.php

Those are just a couple of sites.  I'm not doing the entire NFL's win and loss record.  The Bills got stomped by the Titans and the Chiefs.  They won against the Steelers, but the Steelers were over rated trash.

They won against the Rams and the Seahawks.  Both of those teams had to travel across country.  You have beaten no playoff team on the road.  You only beat three playoff teams.  All at home, and as we mentioned, one was the Steelers.  We saw how good they were on Sunday.

In fact, you lost to the Titans who were just beat by the Ravens.  You beat the Steelers that were just stomped by the Broncos.  You beat the Seahawks and Rams, and the only reason either of them is still alive is because they had to play each other.

The Ravens had eight games against playoff teams.  They won four of the eight.

The Ravens are going to stomp the Bills.  The Bills don't run the ball well, Allen will make mistakes and the Ravens are going to run the ball down the Bills throats.

Ravens could be the best team in the AFC right now.  They just beat the fourth seed by a TD on the road.  The Bills beat the 7th seed by 3 points and should have lost.

4 hours ago, JoelinBellevue said:

Tony Dungy said they have the best defense in the playoffs. He wouldn't want to play them. Allen may not last the entire game.

There for a second, I thought you were saying the Ravens, and I was going to be like Tony Dungy is a moron.

Then, I realized you meant the Ravens.  And, I would say the Saints are better, and the Rams are better, but I think they have the best defense in the AFC.

4 hours ago, JoelinBellevue said:

Chiefs D isn't all that. The Browns can best them.

Chiefs have the 11th scoring defense in the NFL.

Chiefs have the 16th ranked defense in total defense.  

Chiefs have the 14th ranked pass defense.

Chiefs have the 21st ranked rush defense.

Chiefs weakness is against the run, but that is by design.  

It will come down to injuries.  I think the Browns could get the Chiefs, but I don't think they will.

The Steelers had to turn the ball over five times for the Browns to win by 11 and the Chiefs would dumptruck the Steelers.

On 1/10/2021 at 11:12 PM, dcblanton said:

I don't think there are any easy wins in the NFL.

I think the Ravens and Buccaneers win. Heck, I can even see the Browns and Rams winning.  

I can't see the Browns winning at KC, although the Rams could possibly win at GB. I really doubt the Bucs have much of a chance at NO.