Ravens Week Discussion

AussieTitanFan08

1 hour ago, Callidus said:

Vaccaro was good the first few weeks but has looked like crap after that. I am with you 2. I also want to see if they will play closer to the line and drop Byard back deep where he belongs with hooked being able to cover the shorter stuff. 

I actually think we will continue to see Byard up in the box more. Hooker hasn’t played up near the box at all really. He’s mainly been the deep safety most plays that he had. They’ll probably man Byard up some on the TE.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Evans/Brown/Long have all regressed since Haslett took over the ILB group this season.

Calias just got back to me.  He said, after consulting with his pal Earl Thomas....he's decided to rest his leg another week.

It crazy how similar our message boards are with where our teams are trending.   If Brandon Williams and Calias are out, I don't see Ravens having a shot, unless you guys want to pull a GRoman move an

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

I actually think we will continue to see Byard up in the box more. Hooker hasn’t played up near the box at all really. He’s mainly been the deep safety most plays that he had. They’ll probably man Byard up some on the TE.

I hope not he is average at best at it. Even if he is the best we have at the moment to play that role he would be way more valuable in centre feild. 

1 hour ago, Number9 said:

When he came we didn't expect him to get sacks.  The team is already missing starters and key players.  I won't even go into my list that includes Logan Ryan and Cabrera.  The team the Titans field tomorrow is no where near as talented as they were the last trip to Baltimore. When you say they will not miss Clowney, it sounds funny.  But Clowney play is not why the defense is playing poorly and I expect worse without him.  jmo.

We didn’t bring him in to get sacks, no.  But the expectation was that he was a disrupter who would demand attention and let other rushers take advantage of 1-1.

He is not commanding attention.

And our edge talent level is not strong enough to take advantage of 1-1 anyway.

And you are right, this defense is less talented than last year, even before injuries.

But without Clowney, I think it forces our stubborn staff to scheme differently and be more aggressive.
We are going to put Evans on the edge tomorrow and rotate rushers more.

It’s the best chance we have on the season as a whole.

Edited by 2ToneTerror

The running game should be in good shape today, but here’s how Arthur Smith wins the game for us:

1) Get Tannehill in a rhythm early, just like the Colts game. Rollouts are key for RT because he can use his legs very effectively.

2) Deep shots down the field. I think and I could be wrong, the last deep shot we took was the Bengals game when Humphries got taken out. That’s unacceptable. You have to back the defense off for our play action and Henry runs to work better. There’s no reason we don’t take a deep shot with Raymond 2-3 times per game to keep a defense honest. 

3) Unless it’s a screen to Jonnu, give the screens a rest. It’s not working. The moment another team has a successful screen Arthur goes screen happy. It’s insane. 

4) Ditch the pitch play to Henry. The time Derrick spends making sure he has secured the ball prevents him from being guaranteed to fall forward for a gain at least. Enough said. 

5) You have to get Jonnu involved. He’s too talented to be left inline blocking. Teams are keying on Firkser on 3rd down. Adapt! Make him the decoy and get Jonnu going. 

6) Keep the creativity going even after we have a lead. This should be obvious, but it’s like we dumb down the offense once we get a lead and don’t get utilizing things that worked to score. 

7) Use Page 2, 3, 4 etc. of the playbook

Edited by AvgJoe

35 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

“To me, the Tennessee Titans is the team that nobody wants to play.” 

Hey Touched The Tard, you have to admit that’s some funny shit right there. Is it true that the front office sent you a couple of free tickets? Apparently you saved the organization a lot of money when you sent them MomTards secret formula for removing shit stains from britches.

Edited by ManningEnvy

• Jonboy unpinned this topic