tgo

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grandma about to be pissed he didn’t do it for her

What?   The rule is that all veterans are subject to waivers after the trade deadline and no one can be outright released. 

Fool me once, shame on... shame on you. Ya fool me, can't get fooled again.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, RocketBills said:

Did you happen to read what that waste of space said in regards to a child who died in horrible agony due to congenital disease he was born with?  She mocked a dead child and laughed at it.  If THAT is tolerated here I don't see what I've done to violate anything.  With all due respect.  I was cordial with it (her I think) until she kept mocking a dead child.  Sickening really.  Certainly you don't tolerate that kind of behavior or agree with it, do you?

You called me all kinds of unspeakable names and wished/threatened harm to me. 

Thank you @OILERMAN for trying to protect this forum from such a monster like @RocketBills .  Thankful for a place like this!

Just now, RocketBills said:

ROTLMAO!!!!  You made fun of a dead child as we were debating the best stretches the Bills and Oilers/Titans have ever had.  Should I quote you on what you said or copy the picture you put in here as the child lay on his death bed, clearly mocking him?  Saying that he 'flopped more than Jim Kelly"??  I said NOTHING foul or derogatory to you UNTIL you mocked that dead child, not once, not twice, but three times.  You are SICKENING and a disgrace to the human race.  I truly hope you NEVER have to know what it feels like to lose a child like that.  But in all honesty, after how you've acted on this forum, I could give a fuck less about you or your loved ones.  You are a waste of space and a piece of shit.  

Actually I said that Jim Kelly flopped like his fucked up kid.  Get it right! 

At least hapless Hunter only had to endure 8 years of being a Bills fan.  4 mocks for you, one for each Bills SB loss! :).

What's really funny is that you don't understand what's going on here. 

On November 24, 2020 at 2:48 PM, HollyHeap said:

Where did I say that the Oilers/Titans had a better run? That’s right I didn’t but what the Bills “accomplished” means absolutely nothing to anybody outside of pathetic homers.  Those teams from 30 years ago didn’t win anything of consequence. That’s a fact and that’s why they were national punching bag for years about all the Super Bowls they go to and then get destroyed in, aside from the one against the Giants where they clearly lost to an inferior team because they were completely outcoached and Jim Kelly once again choked in a big game.

Nobody cares that they beat nondescript AFC contenders in an era where the NFC dominated with all time great teams.  Yay you’re the 70’s Vikings or 80’s Broncos!   

This is so spot on. Look, getting to the Super Bowl 4x in a row is impressive but anybody who knew football back then would tell you that the AFC was basically a Jr league, and I was a huge Oilers fan. The '91 Skins were so much better it was ridiculous & both Bowls against Dallas, as laughable as they were, would've been just as bad had the Niners or 2-3 other of the NFC Wildcard teams had played Buffalo.

The only slight disagreement I'd have is that the Giants were even the inferior team in '90. Buffalo was very good that year but the Giants were 14-2 I believe, in a brutal NFC with two very close losses. They lost to the Bills, something like 24-20, and the Niners beat them around week 10 or 11, 10-7. They were both undefeated at the time. The Bills were probably better but the media totally overrated them blowing out a so so Raider team. The point spread was like 11 in the Bowl, it should've been no more then 3. And yes. Parcells & BB completely out coached them.

I also actually think, similar to the Oilers & Moon, that Kelly was very overrated & the strength of the teams was more in the rest of the roster.

The one thing I'll never understand about that AFC era was how Marino didn't win bigger in a pretty weak conference. 

5 minutes ago, Face said:

This is so spot on. Look, getting to the Super Bowl 4x in a row is impressive but anybody who knew football back then would tell you that the AFC was basically a Jr league, and I was a huge Oilers fan. The '91 Skins were so much better it was ridiculous & both Bowls against Dallas, as laughable as they were, would've been just as bad had the Niners or 2-3 other of the NFC Wildcard teams had played Buffalo.

The only slight disagreement I'd have is that the Giants were even the inferior team in '90. Buffalo was very good that year but the Giants were 14-2 I believe, in a brutal NFC with two very close losses. They lost to the Bills, something like 24-20, and the Niners beat them around week 10 or 11, 10-7. They were both undefeated at the time. The Bills were probably better but the media totally overrated them blowing out a so so Raider team. The point spread was like 11 in the Bowl, it should've been no more then 3. And yes. Parcells & BB completely out coached them.

I also actually think, similar to the Oilers & Moon, that Kelly was very overrated & the strength of the teams was more in the rest of the roster.

The one thing I'll never understand about that AFC era was how Marino didn't win bigger in a pretty weak conference. 

I always say this but you need to post more.  I think 91 Skins team gets kinda lost amongst the great teams of the 90s.  They didn't repeat which hurts them.  But they were really good and a complete team.  And fuck you Ian Howfield. Since we are discussing Bills lowlights, Thomas losing/misplacing his helmet at the beginning of that game is another one.

Agree with the Giants.  Now that you brought it back up, I do remember 24-20 game in the regular season.  Again I agree that the media was infatuated with the K-Gun offense and ignored the Giants.

On Marino/Dolphins.  The thing that always held them back was their defense was always worse than the Bills and their RB were always subpar and didn't compliment Marino.  I remember Sammie Smith and some other stiff. Bernie Parmalee was a decent recieving RB/FB but they never had that one guy who could churn out yards, at least that's what it seemed like to me.

@Face @rns90  Agree that the 1990 Giants were really good albeit their offense took a bit of a hit when Simms went down late in the year and Hostetler took over.  That said, they were well coached, had a great defense and ST, and could run it and manufacture enough offense to get by.  The 49ers were the prohibitive favorites in the NFCC and were going for a three peat.  But after knocking out Montana, SF still led by a point Roger Craig had a late fumble that allowed the Giants to win on a last second FG.

Buffalo was favored in the SB by about 7 points but yeah the smart money was on Parcells/Belichick to outcoach Levy and of course they did.  But to your point Face, yeah the Bills were never regarded as the best as at the time, the NFC ruled the NFL in terms of SB's.  This fucktard trying to claim it's some impressive feat is laughable. 

50 minutes ago, rns90 said:

I always say this but you need to post more.  I think 91 Skins team gets kinda lost amongst the great teams of the 90s.  They didn't repeat which hurts them.  But they were really good and a complete team.  And fuck you Ian Howfield. Since we are discussing Bills lowlights, Thomas losing/misplacing his helmet at the beginning of that game is another one.

Agree with the Giants.  Now that you brought it back up, I do remember 24-20 game in the regular season.  Again I agree that the media was infatuated with the K-Gun offense and ignored the Giants.

On Marino/Dolphins.  The thing that always held them back was their defense was always worse than the Bills and their RB were always subpar and didn't compliment Marino.  I remember Sammie Smith and some other stiff. Bernie Parmalee was a decent recieving RB/FB but they never had that one guy who could churn out yards, at least that's what it seemed like to me.

I posted a TON up until about 2018 when I slowed down a bit, had some stuff come up. But the board is great now, the team is good, I'm getting back into it.

Marino was just so great. The guy had multiple years where he was only sacked in the single digits. Think about that. Like 7-8 times. Mariota was sacked 11 times in one game. And back then 4 wide was used often, which you never see now, though the TE is basically a slot WR now. But Miami constantly dropped Marino back 7 steps with 4 wide, and this wasn't the spread type stuff like now. These guy were running vertical routes, plays took time to develop. He was airing it out. Of course having guys like Richmond Webb & Keith Sims on the OL helped but, for lack of a better description, he probably had the best combination  of pocket awareness along with downfield aggressiveness ever. 

It's a shame to because their defense became great right as he retired. Do you remember those late 90's Miami D's, with Jason Taylor, Zach Thomas, Tim Bowens, Daryl Gardner? And one of the best corner duos I've ever seen, Sam Madison & Patrick Surtain. If they had that D with a prime Marino, lights out.

Speaking of, Surtain's kid is coming out this year right? Super talented corner.

5 minutes ago, HollyHeap said:

@Face @rns90  Agree that the 1990 Giants were really good albeit their offense took a bit of a hit when Simms went down late in the year and Hostetler took over.  That said, they were well coached, had a great defense and ST, and could run it and manufacture enough offense to get by.  The 49ers were the prohibitive favorites in the NFCC and were going for a three peat.  But after knocking out Montana, SF still led by a point Roger Craig had a late fumble that allowed the Giants to win on a last second FG.

Buffalo was favored in the SB by about 7 points but yeah the smart money was on Parcells/Belichick to outcoach Levy and of course they did.  But to your point Face, yeah the Bills were never regarded as the best as at the time, the NFC ruled the NFL in terms of SB's.  This fucktard trying to claim it's some impressive feat is laughable. 

I thought the spread was higher but you're probably right. That was the first year I really got into football & just remember the narrative that the Bills were going to blow the Giants off the field. I'm from the NYC area & all the papers & radio hosts were saying how they had to find a way to stay in the game. It was just over the top. The Giants were excellent. Simms was a very underrated QB though they did a good job using Hoss mobility. Frankly I think Simms was a better QB then Kelly.

I think that NFCCG was the Leonard Marshall hit that killed Montana right? The Giants kicked 5 FG's I believe, won 15-13.

I miss the great defense of that era. IMO it was a much better game but I feel like every old guy says that.

2 minutes ago, Face said:

I thought the spread was higher but you're probably right. That was the first year I really got into football & just remember the narrative that the Bills were going to blow the Giants off the field. I'm from the NYC area & all the papers & radio hosts were saying how they had to find a way to stay in the game. It was just over the top. The Giants were excellent. Simms was a very underrated QB though they did a good job using Hoss mobility. Frankly I think Simms was a better QB then Kelly.

I think that NFCCG was the Leonard Marshall hit that killed Montana right? The Giants kicked 5 FG's I believe, won 15-13.

I miss the great defense of that era. IMO it was a much better game but I feel like every old guy says that.

It was a better game when defenses were allowed to play defense.  Today's game is way too slanted for the offenses in terms of rules

15 minutes ago, Face said:

I posted a TON up until about 2018 when I slowed down a bit, had some stuff come up. But the board is great now, the team is good, I'm getting back into it.

Marino was just so great. The guy had multiple years where he was only sacked in the single digits. Think about that. Like 7-8 times. Mariota was sacked 11 times in one game. And back then 4 wide was used often, which you never see now, though the TE is basically a slot WR now. But Miami constantly dropped Marino back 7 steps with 4 wide, and this wasn't the spread type stuff like now. These guy were running vertical routes, plays took time to develop. He was airing it out. Of course having guys like Richmond Webb & Keith Sims on the OL helped but, for lack of a better description, he probably had the best combination  of pocket awareness along with downfield aggressiveness ever. 

It's a shame to because their defense became great right as he retired. Do you remember those late 90's Miami D's, with Jason Taylor, Zach Thomas, Tim Bowens, Daryl Gardner? And one of the best corner duos I've ever seen, Sam Madison & Patrick Surtain. If they had that D with a prime Marino, lights out.

Speaking of, Surtain's kid is coming out this year right? Super talented corner.

Marino also had a super quick release.  He wasn't fast at all but he got the ball out quick and as you stated he had great pocket prescence.  During the latter half (90s) of his career, I wonder whether or not he would have been better off like Elway and running a ZBS system and not relying so much on him to win games.  I remember they added Keith Jackson at TE from PHI (who got underused in Buddy's conservative as heck Fisherball style O) and drafted OJ McDuffie in round 2.  I don't know if Marino couldn't have handled all the boots and rollouts though.  I think he blew out his achillies in 1994 which didn't help.  His last hurrah was that win on the road in the playoff game vs SEA. 

Good catch on the defense.  I remember Gardner was highly rated and slipped to their pick in the 20s because of a back injury.  He controlled the middle for a few years there.

7 minutes ago, Face said:

It may have been Marshall.  I thought it was Jim Burt,  but you're probably right though.

17 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Marino also had a super quick release.  He wasn't fast at all but he got the ball out quick and as you stated he had great pocket prescence.  During the latter half (90s) of his career, I wonder whether or not he would have been better off like Elway and running a ZBS system and not relying so much on him to win games.  I remember they added Keith Jackson at TE from PHI (who got underused in Buddy's conservative as heck Fisherball style O) and drafted OJ McDuffie in round 2.  I don't know if Marino couldn't have handled all the boots and rollouts though.  I think he blew out his achillies in 1994 which didn't help.  His last hurrah was that win on the road in the playoff game vs SEA. 

Good catch on the defense.  I remember Gardner was highly rated and slipped to their pick in the 20s because of a back injury.  He controlled the middle for a few years there.

It may have been Marshall.  I thought it was Jim Burt,  but you're probably right though.

He was more athletic than given credit for, his drop back and release were both pretty quick. All the highlight reels are in slow motion so it's hard to appreciate. Joe Namath, pre knee injury was the only one equal or better and there's almost no footage of him back when he was healthy. Namath used to do back pedal drills with the DBs and was as fast or faster than them.