Biden/Trump Town Halls

tgo

2 minutes ago, Little Earl said:

That's quite ignorant of you ctm.  It takes more faith to believe everything came about from pure lucky random chance, than created by a God.   If you are thoughtful as you claim you are, you will acknowledge this.

I will acknowledge that since time is infinite, anything is possible including the evolution of life forms. Belief in God requires a leap of faith.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone supporting Trump is a sucker and/or an idiot. Dude is straight up insane and a complete lying joke

The stupid Americans are people like you.   Trump is bright, and people that work around him say that he is intelligent.  Only when you read libtards opinions every day do you come to believe somethin

Imagine trying to convince yourself that Trump is intelligent. 

Posted Images

Just now, Starkiller said:

If the universe couldn’t have manifested without a god, where did that god manifest from?

You had to concoct the multiverse theory just to allow the possibility that the universe formed on it's own.   No proof whatsoever, so a leap of faith.

1 minute ago, ctm said:

I will acknowledge that since time is infinite, anything is possible including the evolution of life forms. Belief in God requires a leap of faith.

Multiverse - giant leap of faith

Evolution - complex advancements - giant leap of faith

2 minutes ago, Little Earl said:

I think it's okay to accept that at some point one has to make a leap of faith.

I think one also should be open to new science and new ideas.  God isn't done with teaching us.

42 minutes ago, ctm said:

Belief in anything requires a leap of faith. Basically No one who believes in evolution today has done the work themselves. They believe a book written by a guy they never met. 

5 hours ago, Little Earl said:

You had to concoct the multiverse theory just to allow the possibility that the universe formed on it's own.   No proof whatsoever, so a leap of faith.

5 hours ago, Little Earl said:

The multiverse theory is unimportant. It changes nothing about how the universe exists without a god.

We have no idea if it’s true. Maybe parallel universes exist, maybe there aren’t any others. We just know that our universe exists and that the modern phase of the universe began with the Big Bang.

As for evolution, we have ample evidence of that...

48 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

The multiverse theory is unimportant. It changes nothing about how the universe exists without a god.

We have no idea if it’s true. Maybe parallel universes exist, maybe there aren’t any others. We just know that our universe exists and that the modern phase of the universe began with the Big Bang.

I’ve pondered about this quite a bit. I think unknowingly he’s saying someone who believes God absolutely doesn’t exist is on his same level where they believe God absolutely does exist. 

It’s a strange dichotomy. You don’t know if some construct exists. Who cares if it is God or whatever it may be. The multiverse and how blackholes work lead me to believe there actually is some type of construct. It doesn’t mean I’m correct. 

I guess I’ve never understood why it’s such a contentious issue, one mainly pushed by evangelicals. I think it stems from their belief if you aren’t a Christian you’re going to eternal damnation. The thought process is so discombobulated as to not be discernible. Happy God versus Mad God. Savior who is here to sacrifice himself for the sins of everyone to everyone who isn’t a Christian is damned. I’ll never understand why anyone would want to be a part of that religion. 

8 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I’ve pondered about this quite a bit. I think unknowingly he’s saying someone who believes God absolutely doesn’t exist is on his same level where they believe God absolutely does exist. 

It’s a strange dichotomy. You don’t know if some construct exists. Who cares if it is God or whatever it may be. The multiverse and how blackholes work lead me to believe there actually is some type of construct. It doesn’t mean I’m correct. 

I guess I’ve never understood why it’s such a contentious issue, one mainly pushed by evangelicals. I think it stems from their belief if you aren’t a Christian you’re going to eternal damnation. The thought process is so discombobulated as to not be discernible. Happy God versus Mad God. Savior who is here to sacrifice himself for the sins of everyone to everyone who isn’t a Christian is damned. I’ll never understand why anyone would want to be a part of that religion. 

The Dominionists want a country ruled by their own beliefs and imposed on everyone else. They don’t care about religious freedoms and dichotomy of beliefs.

Personally I have no problem with people believing some god created the universe and watches over us. Just accept scientific findings and wonder at the marvel that is your god’s creation and stop denying observable truths and imposing your beliefs on everyone else...

Edited by Starkiller

7 hours ago, Little Earl said:

That's quite ignorant of you ctm.  It takes more faith to believe everything came about from pure lucky random chance, than created by a God.   If you are thoughtful as you claim you are, you will acknowledge this.

181w4e.jpg

Besides the obvious ridiculousness that ensues when anyone tries to legitimize the idea of religion from a scientific stance, I can't get past the question of "which one?" when it comes to the merits of religion. As in, which one do you choose? the one you were born into and were forced to learn growing up? good ol' saving-your-soul lottery is it then?

14 hours ago, Starkiller said:

You know full well that the science has shown that the probability that our universe was created as it was to sustain life to be so low that it it's basically an impossibility.   The only way around that is to come up with the multiverse theory.  As I stated, a giant leap of faith.

There is zero evidence that complex developments occurred through evolution.   Things like eyesight, or the movement  to needing two sexes to procreate.   Evidence points to decay over time, not gigantic leaps of advancement.