Titans' Adoree' Jackson named team's most underrated player by PFF

OILERMAN

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had not been impressed with Jackson heading into 2019 but he came on big this past season. I think part of it is as the article states, his play in the return game was so poor. He's also been scorch

I was totally wrong on Adoree, I hated the pick. He's a stud. It just seemed way too early to take a toolsy guy that got more positive reviews for his return game & play on offense. Looking at it

Felt like he took his game to a whole other level in the 2nd half last season. 

I think as has been mentioned here someone got in his eye about playing more confidently and agressively and suddenly that 10 yard cushion crap started disappearing and he got on WRs like an Isotoner on Dan Marino.

I think Butler was more overrated overall but he is still best as a press man corner.

Hopefully the 2 of them together can both be playing at their highest levels and if so our D is sitting much prettier, especially if Landry/Beasley/Simmons can generate a pass rush.

14 hours ago, Face said:

I was totally wrong on Adoree, I hated the pick. He's a stud. It just seemed way too early to take a toolsy guy that got more positive reviews for his return game & play on offense. Looking at it now his top end speed, which is elite, isn't even his best trait. His feet are so insanely quick & hips so fluid. He really does have a lot of Samari to him. Robinson obviously correctly bet that his traits would translate.

I wanted Jonathan Allen. Meh. In 2014 I wanted Johnny Football over Lewan lol.

Im wrong so often. I wasnt exactly in love with the Wilson pick so hopefully my ineptitude as a draft evaluator continues....

You had an epic meltdown I remember over the pick and also when Jacksonville lost their finale in 2016 and you thought they’d take Allen.  Ironically they took Fournette and having that pick hurt them more than helped them.  They were rumored to be interested in Watson and maybe had they picked later and Fournette was off the board would have taken him.

Edited by scine09

4 minutes ago, scine09 said:

You had an epic meltdown I remember over the pick and also when Jacksonville lost their finale in 2015 and you thought they’d take Allen.  Ironically they took Fournette and having that pick hurt them more than helped them.  They were rumored to be interested in Watson and maybe had they picked later and Fournette was off the board would have taken him.

Which is why I find it comical that they still have the same FO that made some of the bad picks still there.  Yeah, Coughlin who drove the Fournette pick is gone.  But Caldwell also picked Bortles 3rd in 2014.

They're basically wasting this year with both Marrone and Caldwell still there.

32 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Which is why I find it comical that they still have the same FO that made some of the bad picks still there.  Yeah, Coughlin who drove the Fournette pick is gone.  But Caldwell also picked Bortles 3rd in 2014.

They're basically wasting this year with both Marrone and Caldwell still there.

Tanking for trevor. 

2 hours ago, scine09 said:

You had an epic meltdown I remember over the pick and also when Jacksonville lost their finale in 2015 and you thought they’d take Allen.  Ironically they took Fournette and having that pick hurt them more than helped them.  They were rumored to be interested in Watson and maybe had they picked later and Fournette was off the board would have taken him.

Ye/h I was a total Vag. I think it was more a compilation of recent events though, MM getting hurt, the Bengals blowing the Sunday night game which would’ve given us a playoff chance the next week against Houston, even if it was with Cassell. I didn’t handle it very well lol

I wanted Lattimore so bad at 5 and someone like Howard at 18 and JuJu in 2

What we should have done was taking CMC at 5, and White/Jackson at 18 and JuJu in round 2 and this team would be prolific on offense and we still walk away with a top CB. We had a lot of interest in CMC so I was legit surprised we took Davis at 5 over him and the defensive players sitting at 5 especially Lattimore

I was also extremely high on Sidney Jones at CB and if it wasn’t for that injury I’m sure he would be a top player by now

Edited by kyle021

1 hour ago, Maker84 said:

idk if he's a true #1 corner but he is a good player and the only good player outside of maybe Kevin Byard the secondary has

Adoree is a true #1. He just doesnt get the turnovers right now. He also gets targeted less because the coverage is so good and he's pretty great at PBUs.

1 hour ago, Maker84 said:

idk if he's a true #1 corner but he is a good player and the only good player outside of maybe Kevin Byard the secondary has

Bull

Butler is still a top 12 CB, and Adoree put his name in the top 10 hat after this year. 

If Jackson had INT to go with his performance people would be over the moon with him. 

I thought he was a lot like Antoine Winfield that had all the traits but wasn’t a turnover machine. He would go out and cover his guy like a blanket and would get 1-3 picks a year maybe, and that seems to be correct. He has dropped around 5-7 interceptions since drafted and has knocked down quite a bit that he could have picked off. 

I think we see him make more plays on the ball defensively this year. I think he will gamble more and it will pay off

Our weak link in the secondary is Vaccaro. He can’t cover and sometimes he looks like he is running in mud but he is great in run support and blitzing and is good to cover someone for a few seconds but after that his speed won’t allow him to recover when a QB breaks the pocket or we don’t generate rush. 

I think we see a shift from Vaccaro to Hooker at SS this year.