Amy must’ve wanted Marcus to get his last shot

EnlightenedTitan777

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Makes me feel a lot better about Vrabel if true.

One additional thought- in the last 5 years we went from a situation where the league was going to force a sale of the team to now stability... 3 big parts of that stability were AAS taking charge, hi

It's never made sense that any of the coaches wanted Mariota to start the season. They obviously saw what the fans saw -- they knew Mariota couldn't play. Vrabel may be a meathead, but I struggle to i

It is perfectly normal around the league for the player with the big contract to get the starting nod until proven otherwise.  It's also SOP to avoid a QB controversy.

Edited by ctm

33 minutes ago, ctm said:

It is perfectly normal around the league for the player with the big contract to get the starting nod until proven otherwise.  It's also SOP to avoid a QB controversy.

That's fine as long as you don't mind missing the playoffs because of it

It doesn’t take a lot of thinking to believe JRob had his hands tied. He’s been quick to move on from all of his mistakes thus far. Dodd and Kline come to mind. He’s proven to be a pretty great talent evaluator. There’s no way he genuinely thought Mariota was better than RT.

He probably hoped they could get wins despite Mariota’s poor play (which should have been partially true if not for Santos and Succop) and eventually bench him while the team was still winning. 

I’ve believed all season that ownership is responsible for forcing Mariota to be the guy. In defense of JRob and Vrabel they didn’t totally sacrifice him like Whisenhunt did to Locker. They gave Mariota every possible opportunity.

edit: I forgot mention the overwhelmingly damning analytics on Mariota. JRob obviously heavily relies on analytics to draft and sign players. There’s no way he just glazed over Mariota’s awful analytics.

Edited by Thrill

I think requesting that Marcus get a shot was warranted (I don’t think for 6 games but all the same).

I have to believe that AAS is smart enough to not pull an Al Davis; I’m pretty sure she trusts Jrobs scouting ability.