code

On the short passes Marino is taking quick steps, back rather than hopping in place.

I get that this is "Mariota doesn't throw with his core" redux, and understand the skepticism.

Remember the VY video throwing passes trying to get back in the league?  And he was hopping instead of stepping?  Where the hopping was a trait his coaches had called out?

Those Vince Young mechanics are what I see on some of Mariota's bad plays.  It's not a good look.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly this board has become so fucking retarded it’s barely readable anymore. The non stop, unrelenting  criticism of Mariota has basically reached the point where it’s almost an addiction, it’s li

His TD pass was only worth 6 points. Tannehill would have thrown a 10 pointer. 

Somewhere in between the Mariota haters and the Mariota is great-ers, there are some of us that are waiting to see how he does his first few games this year in a pretty tough schedule. 

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Titans279 said:

jesus christ i can't wait until the season starts

It's ok. For better or worse, it soon won't matter. Either Mariota succeeds and we still argue back n forth on how bad his rabbit-tendencies are/aren't, or he will fail and we'll eventually find someone new to argue over on how bad/not bad their ______ is/are. The Patriots have the Patriot Way... Titans Report has the Titans Retard Way.

12 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

It's ok. For better or worse, it soon won't matter. Either Mariota succeeds and we still argue back n forth on how bad his rabbit-tendencies are/aren't, or he will fail and we'll eventually find someone new to argue over on how bad/not bad their ______ is/are. The Patriots have the Patriot Way... Titans Report has the Titans Retard Way.

The Patriots have Tom Brady. Solved their problems.

14 hours ago, big2033 said:

We only talk about footwork with Mariota because he doesn't make plays and he lacks pop in his arm.

I think all this minutiae is looking for some recipe for him to suddenly become a star. I just don't think star QBs need this much detail on every throw. Especially the athletic ones.

They can throw darts from any angle.

I doubt Houston fans are breaking down film of DeShaun Watson's shoddy footwork. It's because they don't care ... he ultimately makes plays.

Bad footwork or not, our athletic QB should be making star QB plays.

It all comes back to his health.  If Mariota stays healthy throughout a good chunk of the season AND his play is consistently unimpressive, then I'm on board with you guys.  But we haven't played a regular season game for quite some time to test this theory.

9 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

It all comes back to his health.  If Mariota stays healthy throughout a good chunk of the season AND his play is consistently unimpressive, then I'm on board with you guys.  But we haven't played a regular season game for quite some time to test this theory.

You ever think that the reason he has injury issues is because of his play?

- Doesn't see the rush well.

- Doesn't have escapability.

- Doesn't move well in the pocket.

- Doesn't move well outside the pocket.

Edited by big2033

4 minutes ago, big2033 said:

You ever think that the reason he has injury issues is because of his play?

- Doesn't see the rush well.

- Doesn't have escapability.

- Doesn't move well in the pocket.

- Doesn't move well outside the pocket.

1gzsan.jpg

3 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

That's totally a factor in it, yes.  Teammates, scheme, opponents, playcalling, weather, conditioning, etc... there are many variables.  

So then what if he's injured again? You give him more time? Another season?

How long do you wait for things to line up?

Edited by big2033

1 minute ago, big2033 said:

So then what if he's injured again? You give him more time? Another season?

How long to you wait for things to line up?

Nah.  Another big* injury and the team needs to move on.  

*(big = it affects how he plays... hamstring, broken finger on throwing hand, etc)

1 minute ago, CreepingDeath said:

Nah.  Another big* injury and the team needs to move on.  

*(big = it affects how he plays... hamstring, broken finger on throwing hand, etc)

Fair enough. Can't blame you for wanting to give him another shot. We're doing it anyway.

20 hours ago, TheBukafax said:

Marinos arm could throw a million miles an hour in a blink of an eye to make up for that though. Mariota dosent have the missile to go with the quick release.

He isn’t my number 1 overall QB but he had the best arm in NFL history.

So what you're saying is that he had a great arm and really didn't matter that he "hopped"?...

1 hour ago, Justafan said:

So what you're saying is that he had a great arm and really didn't matter that he "hopped"?...

Watch the plays Marino made in short yardage situations from that same video.  He doesn't go back three steps and hop right in front of the line, he keeps his feet moving with short steps.

Yes there's something on that first drop back, but he also went back quick and fast and was basically fine.  Many of the other drop backs he goes back, stands, and makes the throw.  The "bad QB hop" is just sitting in one spot.

I have no idea whether the hop causes the bad play, or it's symptomatic of underlying indecision.  One thing is for sure -- looking like Vince Young is not the path to being a quality NFL starter.

12 minutes ago, patsplat said:

Watch the plays Marino made in short yardage situations from that same video.  He doesn't go back three steps and hop right in front of the line, he keeps his feet moving with short steps.

Yes there's something on that first drop back, but he also went back quick and fast and was basically fine.  Many of the other drop backs he goes back, stands, and makes the throw.  The "bad QB hop" is just sitting in one spot.

I have no idea whether the hop causes the bad play, or it's symptomatic of underlying indecision.  One thing is for sure -- looking like Vince Young is not the path to being a quality NFL starter.

My hop is better than your hop!  Your hop makes you a bad QB but my hop is just a shuffle!

Say this stuff out loud.  I don't think you understand how silly you sound.