It really is the perfect year to need a QB

TheBukafax

10 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

There is no way they are dedicating 27 mill to MM based on what we've seen thus far

Genuinely curious here.. .You think they drop both QBs and draft a guy next year? 
You think they think they can sign RT cheaper for a couple of years while they groom a guy? 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good god no to Tua.  Leery of most of these guys but the next guy has to be an accurate passer with an NFL arm.  

No more Polynesians!   ”Send them home”

Tank for Lawrence.

34 minutes ago, titanruss said:

Genuinely curious here.. .You think they drop both QBs and draft a guy next year? 
You think they think they can sign RT cheaper for a couple of years while they groom a guy? 

Depends who is on the market as well.  They could opt for another vet with less limitations than Tannehill or Mariota,  I'm pretty certain they are drafting one because even if Mariota is around, they'll need a backup who isn't awful.

1 hour ago, titanruss said:

Tannehill has a better chance of being on the team in 2020 than MM imo. They'll move on from MM. RT can be had cheaper and he's more inline to be a bridge starter/back-up. I don't see MM going from highly drafted franchise QB to that role, it would be awkward. 

Then the question comes down to how things play out. 

Do they trade up a ton of capitol of move up like teams have done recently, Wentz, Mahomes, Goff etc........

Or does someone like Brissett interest them

I'll guarantee Robinson has alternate plans in place

16 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Tannehill has a better chance of being on the team in 2020 than MM imo. They'll move on from MM. RT can be had cheaper and he's more inline to be a bridge starter/back-up. I don't see MM going from highly drafted franchise QB to that role, it would be awkward. 

Do they trade up a ton of capitol of move up like teams have done recently, Wentz, Mahomes, Goff etc........

Why do you think RT would be cheaper if you think he’s better? 

I get the rest. Mariota Wouldnt/shouldn’t stay to groom a guy... though that would be super funny for the people who say he’s a beta. 

6 minutes ago, titanruss said:

Why do you think RT would be cheaper if you think he’s better? 

I get the rest. Mariota Wouldnt/shouldn’t stay to groom a guy... though that would be super funny for the people who say he’s a beta. 

Regardless of money you are not going to have MM stick to groom a rookie QB. Both sides would need a clean break. First of all MM doesn't even have the basics and fundamentals down himself, you want an older vet for that role. He's either being groomed to be the franchise guy or he has no real use. 

3 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

There is no way they are dedicating 27 mill to MM based on what we've seen thus far

Right. If Mariota is as dreadful as you and big say he is (bottom 5 QB) and JRob has no ties to him then why would we bring him back. It would only make sense if a poster was covering their ass. 

Edited by japan

1 hour ago, japan said:

Right. If Mariota is as dreadful as you and big say he is (bottom 5 QB) and JRob has no ties to him then why would we bring him back. It would only make sense if a poster was covering their ass. 

Yea I don’t agree with big on this one but saying he’s covering his bases is extreme

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Regardless of money you are not going to have MM stick to groom a rookie QB. Both sides would need a clean break. First of all MM doesn't even have the basics and fundamentals down himself, you want an older vet for that role. He's either being groomed to be the franchise guy or he has no real use. 

Seeing as how RT has been just as inconsistent in TC/practice, that doesn’t exactly make sense. Only thing that resolves here is that RT is a vet and has seen a little more success. 

12 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Seeing as how RT has been just as inconsistent in TC/practice, that doesn’t exactly make sense. Only thing that resolves here is that RT is a vet and has seen a little more success. 

How much stock do you put into that?  Local media has been doing everything they can to undermine RT while celebrating everything Mariota does (charting his practice "stats" while not giving any context, such as the majority of the throws being short and the # of times he didn't even attempt to throw the ball).  They did the same thing after the preseason game, saying that Mariota was fine and shrugged at RT, while we could clearly see who looked better.  They seem to be trying to sell Mariota to the dopes as they have been doing all off-season, cherry picking ways which make Mariota appear to be better than he is.  

Edited by abc2330

2 hours ago, japan said:

Covering all the bases eh big?

It's logic. Just because there are a bunch of QBs in this draft doesn't mean we'll force ourselves to draft one if we don't feel like it's a generational talent. Especially if we're left with the 4th-best choice.

The Dolphins and Chiefs held on to mediocrity for years waiting for the right opportunity.

Edited by big2033

Just now, big2033 said:

It's logic. Just because there are a bunch of QBs in this draft doesn't mean we'll force ourselves to draft one if we don't feel like it's a generation talent. Especially if we're left with the 4th-best choice.

The Dolphins and Chiefs held on to mediocrity for years waiting for the right opportunity.

4the taken QB dosent equal 4th best choice

4 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Brissett also makes sense with the Patriot connections.

If you want a chance at an actual franchise QB you have to pay the trade up price. Sign anyone else you basically know what you're getting (and it ain't a franchise QB). The odds of a QB succeeding who wasn't drafted at the top are very low.

It'll be a fun season. If MMRT can play pretty well we could make some noise this year, but also we might be making big moves for a new QB in the offseason.