TheBukafax

It really is the perfect year to need a QB

Just now, big2033 said:

It's logic. Just because there are a bunch of QBs in this draft doesn't mean we'll force ourselves to draft one if we don't feel like it's a generation talent. Especially if we're left with the 4th-best choice.

The Dolphins and Chiefs held on to mediocrity for years waiting for the right opportunity.

4the taken QB dosent equal 4th best choice

2 minutes ago, TheBukafax said:

It doesn't. But it could be for that year.

4 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Tannehill has a better chance of being on the team in 2020 than MM imo. They'll move on from MM. RT can be had cheaper and he's more inline to be a bridge starter/back-up. I don't see MM going from highly drafted franchise QB to that role, it would be awkward. 

Then the question comes down to how things play out. 

Do they trade up a ton of capitol of move up like teams have done recently, Wentz, Mahomes, Goff etc........

Or does someone like Brissett interest them

I'll guarantee Robinson has alternate plans in place

Brissett also makes sense with the Patriot connections.

If you want a chance at an actual franchise QB you have to pay the trade up price. Sign anyone else you basically know what you're getting (and it ain't a franchise QB). The odds of a QB succeeding who wasn't drafted at the top are very low.

It'll be a fun season. If MMRT can play pretty well we could make some noise this year, but also we might be making big moves for a new QB in the offseason. 

17 minutes ago, TheBukafax said:

sure, but most of the time the QBs drafted later are going to have worse careers.

I posted the numbers. Only 3/18 QBs drafted #11-25 from 1999 - 2014 ended up good.

The odds are not great for whoever we draft at QB, but the later you draft them the lower the chances they'll be good.

4 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

Brissett also makes sense with the Patriot connections.

Not sure this means a hill of beans.  

5 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Tannehill has a better chance of being on the team in 2020 than MM imo. They'll move on from MM. RT can be had cheaper and he's more inline to be a bridge starter/back-up. I don't see MM going from highly drafted franchise QB to that role, it would be awkward. 

Then the question comes down to how things play out. 

Do they trade up a ton of capitol of move up like teams have done recently, Wentz, Mahomes, Goff etc........

Or does someone like Brissett interest them

I'll guarantee Robinson has alternate plans in place

If we address the QB position by signing Brissett I’m out. 

1 hour ago, Titans279 said:

sure, but most of the time the QBs drafted later are going to have worse careers.

I posted the numbers. Only 3/18 QBs drafted #11-25 from 1999 - 2014 ended up good.

The odds are not great for whoever we draft at QB, but the later you draft them the lower the chances they'll be good.

When you take a #2 overall you do everything possible to ensure success. Fire OCs, head coaches, draft 1st round linemen, etc. A 5th round guy gets a game or two to develop then he's done. Woodside showed a lot of poise and has a decent arm, but most on here perceive him as training camp fodder. Coddle him for a few years and see what happens. 

3 hours ago, abc2330 said:

How much stock do you put into that?  Local media has been doing everything they can to undermine RT while celebrating everything Mariota does (charting his practice "stats" while not giving any context, such as the majority of the throws being short and the # of times he didn't even attempt to throw the ball).  They did the same thing after the preseason game, saying that Mariota was fine and shrugged at RT, while we could clearly see who looked better.  They seem to be trying to sell Mariota to the dopes as they have been doing all off-season, cherry picking ways which make Mariota appear to be better than he is.  

I also think your bias is clouding your judgement on everything in regards to Mariota/Tannehill. 

I don’t have any bias or preference. We don’t know what’s going on. 

19 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

I also think your bias is clouding your judgement on everything in regards to Mariota/Tannehill. 

I don’t have any bias or preference. We don’t know what’s going on. 

What about the analysts and other people with no affiliation to the team who were criticizing Mariota's ability to play the position at a fundamental level and said that Tannehill may very well be the better man for the job, as soon as week 1 or PSG3?  Prior to that game, we were hearing about how good and superior Mariota looked , then we saw for ourselves what he looked like .  So it seems like your first statement applies to the Nashville media, while everyone else is just stating that they see

6 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

What about the analysts and other people with no affiliation to the team who were criticizing Mariota's ability to play the position at a fundamental level and said that Tannehill may very well be the better man for the job, as soon as week 1 or PSG3?  Prior to that game, we were hearing about how good and superior Mariota looked , then we saw for ourselves what he looked like .  So it seems like your first statement applies to the Nashville media, while everyone else is just stating that they see

Who has actually said both of those things?

I've heard people reporting about "feelings" and "moods" in regards to wanting to splay RT, and then other people like Cosell saying Mariota's fundamentals and mechanics are inconsistent. Hadn't heard anyone actually say both.

1 minute ago, Titans279 said:

Who has actually said both of those things?

I've heard people reporting about "feelings" and "moods" in regards to wanting to splay RT, and then other people like Cosell saying Mariota's fundamentals and mechanics are inconsistent. Hadn't heard anyone actually say both.

The point is that a lot of people seem to agree that the performance of the two players didn't really line up with what we were hearing from camp, and they have no reason to be biased as I am, apparently, and Tannehill must have looked significantly better to a lot of other people in order for them to even bother. That seems like a pretty nitpicky way to look at that statement.  They are all speaking to completely different audiences, most of which don't give a fuck about hearing a breakdown as Cossel provides.  And he has no reason to suggest a controversy, seeing that it's pretty important for him to maintain a good relationship with the pro-Mariota audience.

11 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

The point is that a lot of people seem to agree that the performance of the two players didn't really line up with what we were hearing from camp, and they have no reason to be biased as I am, apparently, and Tannehill must have looked significantly better to a lot of other people in order for them to even bother. That seems like a pretty nitpicky way to look at that statement.  They are all speaking to completely different audiences, most of which don't give a fuck about hearing a breakdown as Cossel provides.  And he has no reason to suggest a controversy, seeing that it's pretty important for him to maintain a good relationship with the pro-Mariota audience.

so if Mariota starts week 1 does that mean he won the competition or that there was no competition? 

6 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

oh man... This would be crazy

Who ever Tome Curran is; he’s a dummy.

Kraft will never ever in a million years let Brady play for another team. Brady made him billions.

15 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

so if Mariota starts week 1 does that mean he won the competition or that there was no competition? 

It would mean that he didn't lose the competition.  He either wasn't bad enough or Tannehill wasn't superior enough to suggest that a change should be made.  But once the season begins, if he plays poorly , all bets are off.