Preseason Week 1: Titans @ Eagles Game Thread

Jonboy

5 minutes ago, Justafan said:

I get that and it was a heartbeat late coming out but it was a catchable ball that Jennings should have caught for a nice completion.  Let's talk about how bad Taylor looked or how Hollister and Raymond balled out in comparison to guys like Jennings, because that is a much bigger story than Mariota being inches off on balls that were either caught or should have been caught by any competent NFL WR.  

Because guys battling for the 4th or 5th WR spots have the same expectations as your 5th year QB who you took #2 overall.  Give me a fucking break. 

The story is that Tannehill looked ALOT better than Mariota.  On TR and nationally.  If Mariota doesn't step up, it's only going to become a bigger story.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My God get Tanny out of there! We can't afford to lose him 

Vrabel needs to go ahead and make the switch! Mariota gave it his best shot

Titans would be best served to start Tannehill. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, BudAdams said:

Because guys battling for the 4th or 5th WR spots have the same expectations as your 5th year QB who you took #2 overall.  Give me a fucking break. 

The story is that Tannehill looked ALOT better than Mariota.  On TR and nationally.  If Mariota doesn't step up, it's only going to become a bigger story.

You can't even get the yards on the opening drive right guy.  No one compared expectations either.  The fact is, the ball was catchable and Jennings should have caught it.  He didn't.  Blowing up because Mariota didn't throw the perfect ball in a preseason game on a handful of snaps when overall he looked decent is just asinine and pointless.  By all means, though, carry on.    

14 minutes ago, Justafan said:

You can't even get the yards on the opening drive right guy.  No one compared expectations either.  The fact is, the ball was catchable and Jennings should have caught it.  He didn't.  Blowing up because Mariota didn't throw the perfect ball in a preseason game on a handful of snaps when overall he looked decent is just asinine and pointless.  By all means, though, carry on.    

This argument has been pointless for the last 9 months. 

14 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Yeah, but the latter has been discussed relentlessly. It’s not s crime to talk about other areas. 

3 hours ago, Titans279 said:

No one’s saying Tannehill is some world beater. The fact he looks so much better than Mariota is saying a lot more about how bad Mariota has looked than how great Tannehill is. 

Tannehill looks like he could be a semi-competent game manager. I can’t say the same about Mariota the past two years. 

It is funny how all the guys pimping Tannehill are now tempering their positions in case he gets in and stinks it up. 

15 minutes ago, scine09 said:

It was a terrible pass.  When it happened I knew it would be analyzed to death on the board.  

It doesn't even require analysis. That's why it's easier to just agree and move on to something else. Not every throw was as bad as that one but he definitely looked rough. Let's see how he responds next week with more snaps.

After the Bills game last year I had given up on Marcus becoming a long term solution.

Not much since then has changed my mind.

If we're lucky and as a franchise this team generally isn't, but maybe we luck out and Tannehill gives us a Chris Chandler type of run ala when he left Houston and went to Atlanta.

2 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

It doesn't even require analysis. That's why it's easier to just agree and move on to something else. Not every throw was as bad as that one but he definitely looked rough. Let's see how he responds next week with more snaps.

The problem is is literally every pass he throws is microanalyzed.  And it’s gonna be worse this year than at any other time.

I don’t get why he just won’t put more zip on passes.  He put plenty on the 4th down pass that wasn’t caught.  But if he just stopped floating passes and letting them rip he’d be better.  It’s like he doesn’t want the receivers to have to make difficult catches.  And it negatively affects him.

4 minutes ago, japan said:

Conklin must have learned a lot over the offseason....

Much like Davis with the hammy the year before Conklin shouldn't have come back until week 6 or 8.

They we're not ready at all and only made their situations worse.

9 minutes ago, japan said:

It is funny how all the guys pimping Tannehill are now tempering their positions in case he gets in and stinks it up. 

Who said he was going to light it up. It's funny how guys pimping Mariota try to make like the Tannehill side expects a pro bowl season.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic