Priority UDFAs

Justafan

1 minute ago, Starkiller said:

Most of these guys aren’t Finch, first of all. As I said, he was paid well for a reason. Not like most UDFAs.

Further, his situation was very different than someone like Stinnie, who also won a roster spot despite being undrafted but never played on offense. OLBs are going to rotate. So it’s way less surprising when a backup like Finch gets some decent playing time. Especially when you figure in injuries they had at the position and the age of the starters. The backups play at his position.

And Finch made an impact when he was given the chance which is rare. 

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

love this one    

The Draft Network is reporting we also signed Derick Roberson

Check out this carry by Barnes damn near kills someone.    

Posted Images

4 hours ago, TWR said:

I think 3 UDFA potentially can make the active roster. 

WR/Returner Anthony Ratcliff Williams 

Edge rusher Derrick Roberson

RB Alex Barnes

Hamp Cheevers and Adonis Davis are headed to PS for a developmental year as well. 

I think they said Hamp Cheevers was the #1 rated coverage corner of all Qualifying players last year. 

Opposing QBs would have had a better rating throwing the ball in the dirt than throwing to receivers he was covering. 7 ints against 3 TDs .. like a 45% completion% for lower yardage. 

too bad he's like 5'6" 

Edited by titanruss

Uh oh, JRob may be on to something here,...

https://www.houseofnames.com/cheever-family-crest

Cheever History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms

The Cheever surname is derived from the Anglo-Norman French word "chivere" or "chevre," meaning "goat."

(emphasis mine)

Wow, too bad his first name is "Hamp" instead of "Hemp."

Cheever has a chance to be a sub-package DB who lines up against specific players.  He's going to be limited by his height no matter what.  You can get away with being 5'9" if you're athletic enough.  5'6" is pretty tough to overcome in the NFL when many of the WRs you're likely to face are at least 5'11".  

26 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Cheever has a chance to be a sub-package DB who lines up against specific players.  He's going to be limited by his height no matter what.  You can get away with being 5'9" if you're athletic enough.  5'6" is pretty tough to overcome in the NFL when many of the WRs you're likely to face are at least 5'11".  

5ft9 and 169. Terribly undersized. Maybe a Nickel Roby type 

Again, it's not just his height. He's very thin. Players who weigh less than 180 tend to be too small for the NFL, especially if playing on defense. Hard to tackle people. But on STs, same problem. Could he add strength and weight? Maybe. Would he lose speed? Possibly. I just don't see it, really, but of course I'd love to be wrong. 

He seems like the kind of guy you want to stash on the ps for a year or 2.  See if he can bulk up a little in an NFL strength and conditioning program.  If he can then with his coverage ability you may have a decent player.