Trump: Border Announcement Coming (Deal OfferExpected)

Jamalisms

6 minutes ago, Pragidealist said:

No he doesn’t. Is Mexico paying for it too? Is Hillary in jail? Is “Obamacare” gone?  Did he save the coal industry? 

And he still has his base. He’s just got to have enough to spin bullshit. 

His base hasn't given up on any of these things. He's only halfway through his term. 

The border wall promise is as black and white as it gets, and there's no going back. Who finally pays for it can easily be argued away after the fact. Taxing remittance payments, trade deals, etc. And that's minor compared to the wall itself.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trump isn’t interested in participating in  complex decisions regarding politics,  economic policy, and/or global relations;  he’s completely out of his element in those areas.  Never mind not underst

12 tunnels under the border have been discovered in the San Diego area alone in the past decade.  The cost estimate for the wall is 25M per mile and electronic surveillance and interdiction can be don

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

If I’m the Dems, I’d publicly offer some wall funding in exchange for repealing the tax cuts. 

…..after the government is opened.  Just say no to republican hostage taking.  You can't keep enabling these political terrorists.

Edited by ctm

The progessive base and has declared the wall racist, immoral, and ineffective. They can't now trade it for money. 

All 200 candidates for 2020 are lined up ready to denounce any possible deal that gives a $1 toward a wall.

57 minutes ago, kgsTitan said:

The border wall promise is as black and white as it gets, and there's no going back. Who finally pays for it can easily be argued away after the fact 

I hope you didn’t donate to the gofundme page 

39 minutes ago, kgsTitan said:

The progessive base and has declared the wall racist, immoral, and ineffective. They can't now trade it for money. 

All 200 candidates for 2020 are lined up ready to denounce any possible deal that gives a $1 toward a wall.

12 tunnels under the border have been discovered in the San Diego area alone in the past decade.  The cost estimate for the wall is 25M per mile and electronic surveillance and interdiction can be done for 500K per mile.

Yes, its ineffective and a ridiculous waste of money.

Edited by ctm

9 minutes ago, ctm said:

12 tunnels under the wall have been discovered in the San Diego area alone in the past decade.  The cost estimate for the wall is 25M per mile and electronic surveillance and interdiction can be done for 500K per mile.

I get that, but I really don't think that's the most effective argument against having a wall. I mean, people have broken out of prisons with fences too, but all serious prisons still have one. 

It's definitely not a cure-all, but it's always been considered a necessary part of the mix, including by Democrats in the past. 

All a wall does is make it far more difficult and time-consuming to come across illegally, and reduce the number of Border Patrol you need to enforce the border. 

Edited by kgsTitan

12 minutes ago, ctm said:

12 tunnels under the border have been discovered in the San Diego area alone in the past decade.  The cost estimate for the wall is 25M per mile and electronic surveillance and interdiction can be done for 500K per mile.

Well let's also look at some numbers. 

There are about 10 million illegal immigrants every year. The majority of those are Visa over stays, not across the border. But let's be generous and say 5 million come across the border a year. And most of those wont come by land but let's be generous and say they do.

90+% of illegal immigrants are actually more law abiding than regular citizens. I think the number is actually more like 97% but we'll be generous again and say 10% are criminals. So we're at 500k.

The wall also won't stop all 100% of illegal border crossings but let's be generous yet again and say it will and keep that 500k number.

Now I wont be generous enough to keep that $5billion number. From most estimates we're looking at more like $25billion just for construction and that doesn't include maintenance and surveillance and law suits from the land grabs which probably gets into the trillions.

That means you're looking at, in the ideal case, spending $50,000 per criminal. Hell, you could just pay every criminal $40k to go home and save money.

Edited by reo

1 minute ago, kgsTitan said:

I get that, but I really don't think that's the most effective argument against having a wall. I mean, people have broken out of prisons with fences too, but all serious prisons still have one. 

It's definitely not a cure-all, but it's always been considered a necessary part of the mix, including by Democrats in the past. 

Yea, the most effective argument against the wall is that even republicans didn't see fit to fund it when they controlled both houses of congress for the past two years.

2 hours ago, NFLStudent said:

If I had NOTHING to lose and I thought for a few moments that I can get better food, water, housing, more money, safety and better health care for me and my children..........and all I had to do is get over a 30 to 50 foot barrier..........not sure if that wall, fence or whatever would be enough to stop me. 

But whatever.

Even the dumbest of people can figure it out.