Uhhhh....O-man

BeedoeLaw

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I work for UPS so I know how hectic this time of year is. We started to send @woolfolksunclesuncle to your house for a welfare check, but decided against it when he mentioned something about alum butt

LOL.  55 hours per week is nothing.

My kids (and Amazon) appreciate your efforts!

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I agree but I'm in freakish physical condition(the Derrick Henry of the post office)

And it matters greatly what you're doing the 55 hours a week 

Everyone's situation is different I suppose.  I remember my Sister was dating this dude for a while who was a manager at a Costco and he was bitching about working 60 hours a week but then he would go home and drink beer all weekend and somehow found time to play Golf all day Sundays.

I was a drill at the time working 7 days a week and easily 80+ hours on an average week.  I was working mostly outside in an incredibly high-stress environment under constant scrutiny because of all of the scandals over the last several years.  Someone who's never done anything like that would probably never understand so I just let it go.  I would just laugh on the inside and tell him "Yea man, that sucks."  

7 minutes ago, Justafan said:

I was working mostly outside in an incredibly high-stress environment under constant scrutiny because of all of the scandals over the last several years.  Someone who's never done anything like that would probably never understand so I just let it go.  I would just laugh on the inside and tell him "Yea man, that sucks."  

I've been getting up at 3 AM and going to the gym, then going to work from 5:30 to 6:30-8:30. Really 15-18 hoursa day

Some of the slugs I work with who are half dead ask me how in the hell can I go the gym and work out before work, I ask how in the hell can you not work out before work!

1 hour ago, BeedoeLaw said:

@Justafan @Thrill, there is an old saying, "the only reason I work 40 hours is because I can't make it off 32"

Yeah I mean, I’ve definitely worked 50+ hours weeks but was I enjoying it? No lol.

32 hours is the overtime mark in a ton of European countries.

I find it unsustainable to program more than 40h a week, yet I do it all the time.  Wouldn't say it's hard, more that it's a challenge to be dialed in and fully engaged all day.

Exercise definitely helps.

I own a catering businsess and this time of year is a killer...14-15 hour days that generally end with an open bar at most of the events I do.  I tend to fall victim to it after the stress of getting everything organized leading up to the event.  Needless to say my body and mind decline greatly in nov. and dec.  but I get back to normal come the new year..

Back to topic, am sure we all enjoy being wrong about negative predictions.  Unfortunately the negativity has been justified at times.  Titans are a team in transition.