Democratic Nomination for 2020 - UPDATED to include those who have officially announced

Legaltitan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Amigo, there has to be a transition that isn’t strictly Medicare for All, regardless of how the bill is written. I’ve supported Medicare for All for a long time now. I still support it. When speaking

I know some people don't want to hear it, but it's going to be Bernie and if it is, he's gonna win. 

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, Cornrow Wallace said:

The Democrats would likely never win another election if they ratfuck Bernie out of the nomination.

I think he's going to win the nomination outright and avoid the controversy, though. He will win Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, Colorado, and California right out of the gate to prove that Biden is not actually the "most likely candidate to defeat Trump". The polls are still underestimating Bernie, but even those are showing that he might even have a chance in South Carolina now. 

It's hilarious how terrified you guys are of even just a hint of actual progressive ideology.

No one is getting ratfucked if it is a brokered convention. It would mean he didn’t win the nomination.

If the voters can’t decide on a nominee then the power will go to the delegates. 

15 minutes ago, Cornrow Wallace said:

yes, obviously

I held my nose and voted for Hillary last time

And I will add, I don't dislike Bernie.  I think he's the most genuine person running about his beliefs.  I felt the same about Ron Paul.  I didn't agree with his politics, but I think he was genuine.  Similarly with Bernie.  I think he's too hard nosed about the issues, but I do believe he'd be fighting for me (us).  If he wins, I'll be voting for him, with some reservations.  

The job is not to get me out to vote. It’s getting people who don’t believe their vote is important. They say and believe things will remain the same for them. Then they live in areas or states like Alabama or New York that are red/blue. Then you see one man one vote isn’t equal. Hillary got the most votes. So they need someone who can get people out of apathy and going to the polls. 

This will take a huge grassroots effort or a charismatic, probably both. 

18 minutes ago, Number9 said:

The job is not to get me out to vote. It’s getting people who don’t believe their vote is important. They say and believe things will remain the same for them. Then they live in areas or states like Alabama or New York that are red/blue. Then you see one man one vote isn’t equal. Hillary got the most votes. So they need someone who can get people out of apathy and going to the polls. 

Really it will simply come down to the swing states, but I do think it would be a truly amazing event to behold if Trump was beaten in the popular vote by something around ten million and still won the election. 

40 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Both Steyer and Bernie have pointed out that as important as it is to get current registered voters to turn out and vote; there is greater potential benefit in registering young non voters and getting them to the polls as they skew strongly against Trump.

Just listening to EW on the post debate show, she is borderline sanctimonious about this whole fund raising thing; if she's so concerned about her non billionaire donors, why did she not return that $10 million surplus from her senate campaign to them. She should really stick to policy instead of this constant attempt to portray herself as this populist white knight vs. everyone else on the stage. 

6 minutes ago, No1TitansFan said:

Just listening to EW on the post debate show, she is borderline sanctimonious about this whole fund raising thing; if she's so concerned about her non billionaire donors, why did she not return that $10 million surplus from her senate campaign to them. She should really stick to policy instead of this constant attempt to portray herself as this populist white knight vs. everyone else on the stage. 

She’s out. It’s down to Biden and Bernie with an outside chance of Buttigieg. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

Just now, tgo said:

The gap has closed and its even closer in the swing states. Trump has a good chance to be reelected due to the electoral college. Biden will carry PA for sure and likely WI too. Hes the best bet to defeat Trump... just look at his numbers with voters who look at both Biden and Trump unfavorably. Hes had a 72% to 9% lead.