no contract extension talks have been held with Lewan

9 minutes ago, SuperMariota8 said:

It’ll come. He’s not going anywhere. Probably better for him anyway. The longer he waits, the more his price goes up in my opinion. He will be the top paid tackle in the league and he knows that. 

Lewan  probably would be better off to sign after Jake Mathews 1 ups Nate Solder contract.  So he can one up Mathews. 

The organization has been pretty busy since...well, August.  

Extensions for existing players are generally hammered out during the down months between the draft and training camp.  I wouldn't expect to see or hear anything until sometime in May or June.

I'm guessing that having 2 well paid dominant tackles is how this team will be structured going forward..with the interior line being average paid and mostly helped by scheme..

1 hour ago, cal titan said:

Do they follow the patriots and get rid of high dollar players I have a bad feeling jon may try to when it comes to Lewan.

Jrob doesn’t seem that way. He has ties to Tennessee and wants players that love the city and team. He said tonight that he likes that he can resign guys that fit what he wants the teams culturw to be. Lewan isn’t going anywhere .

4 minutes ago, Huston said:

The dude is in every Titans related media event he isn't going anywhere.

absolutely he isn't going anywhere, just find it interesting that we haven't even exchanged initial proposals with his agent, the longer we leave it the more expensive its going to get.

Not exactly sure why we haven't locked him yet.  I suppose they figure they have time so no rush, but it would seem more important to me than a uniform unveiling.  

Lewan has come a long way in terms of maturity.  When he's being the level headed guy on the field, give him credit.  And he takes no shit when it comes to his QB.  Seems the quintessential JRob guy. 

It's somewhat perplexing they've not made him whole yet.